2018 Rubithon Wagon Run (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GREAT week on the Rubicon! And agreed, the Pryor clan busted their butts and did wonderful! :)

Thank you to all the Pryor's (Steve, Andrea, Justin, and John) and the Pryorlites (Jay and Alex) for a great two days into the Springs. John and I really enjoyed our time with the group and made many new friends. John was especially keen on learning how to spot and you guys were great teachers! Special call out to Dell, Garrett, and company - safe travels back to North Carolina!

4EB398EC-9AE7-4D83-9661-F8C7FDC2B76B.jpeg

What an awesome experience. Thank you to the Pryor family for making this trip so memorable. Thanks to the whole wagon run participants it was great meeting everyone.
My lx450 limped into south lake and once it was on the trailer a did a final inspection and it is a lot worse than I initially inspected. I was missing two bolts on the front axle links. The check engine light came on and ittyrned off on me three times. Luckily I consider all these minor issues that I can easily fix once I get back to NC.

see you guys next year.

Del

View attachment 1730305

What an awesome experience. Thank you to the Pryor family for making this trip so memorable. Thanks to the whole wagon run participants it was great meeting everyone.
My lx450 limped into south lake and once it was on the trailer a did a final inspection and it is a lot worse than I initially inspected. I was missing two bolts on the front axle links. The check engine light came on and ittyrned off on me three times. Luckily I consider all these minor issues that I can easily fix once I get back to NC.

see you guys next year.

Del
Safe travels, Del. It was a pleasure to meet you!

Just repeating a common thread here. A huge thank you to the Pryor clan for all the dedication and hard work that went into making the wagon run epic!

Also, a huge shout out to you guys who came from across the country to round out our group! As Jason and I were getting back to our homes a couple hours after leaving the staging area you guys were in our thoughts and we wish you safe travels home.

It was so awesome meeting up with many old friends and leaving the trail with more new friends!

Until next year, cheers to everyone on the wagon run! We’re all pretty bad ass!

Pete Williamsen Is at Adco driveline in Placerville. He damaged his Cruiser on the Rubicon. It is NOT a trailer queen and he plans on driving back to So Cal. He is looking for parts to repair his custom rear driveshaft of his 60 series. If you can help, his phone number is (323) 547-5823.

Another big thank you to the Prior team for another fun Rubithon!:clap: Had a great time again this year. The effort you put in before, during, and after is greatly appreciated.

I'll have some pictures put together to share asap.

What an awesome Wagon Run! The entire Pryor family is extremely proud of everyone on the run. The group this year was extremely helpful to each other and embraced a team mentality as soon as we hit the trail. Even though some of us have more capable rigs, we all got out and helped when needed and didn't mind a little extra time on the trail. Beyond that we had many members pick up trash along the trail and go very far out of their way to help others outside of our run who needed help. Its very cool to know that 20+ rigs have your back on the wagon run and I can't wait to do it all over again next year!

Keep those TLCA memberships up to date and be sure to join us at the 31st annual Rubithon!

I made it back to Albuquerque and also wanted to extend a very big thanks to the Pryor family for hosting the wagon run. A big shot out to John, who got my big mule through it, here's a quick video @Northjax shot for me, that shows John's spotting in action.

I made it back to Albuquerque and also wanted to extend a very big thanks to the Pryor family for hosting the wagon run. A big shot out to John, who got my big mule through it, here's a quick video @Northjax shot for me, that shows John's spotting in action.

Was great meeting you and convinced me to start my build for next year’s run!

Yesterday was a busy travel day for me but I wanted to tag on to Justin’s comments:

We, the Pryor Clan, wish to thank all of you who came on the Wagon Run for making this year so special for us. Andrea, Justin, Johnathan and myself were all just blown away with everyone’s great attitudes and willingness to help and pitch in any way possible. Our circle of friends has grown, and we are blessed because of it. That it was our 30th wedding anniversary was the proverbial icing on the cake.

This year’s Run greatly benefitted from the teamwork that you all displayed. And everyone drove great! (Okay - a couple of you ignored your spotters at times and almost paid the price, but I did tell you that was your prerogative!) The newest wheelers amongst you were fast learners and quick studies.

If you came this year and were not Ham equipped - well - shame on you (a little bit! ;)). That was a run requirement but I didn’t turn anyone away for not complying. Communication is crucial. Even if you don’t study for the easy Ham license that allows you to talk, you can still own an inexpensive radio to listen in. Lots of coordinating communications - and “don’t do such and such on this next obstacle” kind of stuff. AND - in real emergencies you do not legally need a Ham license to talk on Ham bands. This cost is so low (compared to what you’re spending to get you’re trucks ready) - it’s nothing. ‘Nuff said. Git-R-Done.

Thank you for being punctual and ready to go when it was time to move out. That kept us on schedule and able to maximize the enjoyment of our time there. #teamwork.

Doing this with my family is just crazy special for me, and without their support I wouldn’t be doing it. Justin and Johnny both are at that point in life where they’re planning on their own family development, so between weddings, limited vacation time, life and school next year who knows if they can participate (#imayneedhelp). I’m emotionally sad just thinking about it. But I’ve committed to leading next year. And how cool is it that after being a four-time passenger with me my wife Andrea decides to drive her own 80 on the Con!! Did I mention I was blessed??!!?? You rock girl!

@beno - thank you so much amigo for being there all day every day to help us out - so appreciated!

@baldilocks, thanks for helping out in Big Sluice!

Johnathan’s working on a Google drive so everyone can share photos and videos - look for an email.

From the Pryor Clan to all of you, thanks for everything!!!!

Steve, Andrea, Justin and Johnathan

What an experience! Can’t thank the Pryor clan for all they did to make things run as smoothly as they did. And everyone that pitched in to help. Huge thanks to @SFROMAN for allowing me to drive with him cross country and co-drive with him! This was a trip like no other. Made many new friends by the end of the trip, it’s crazy what kind of bonds these rigs can create. Hopefully I can get my rig done in time or take the 80 next year. We will just have to see!

-Garrett

Did the guy with the silver 60 make it to the graduation ??? We fixed a couple broken knuckle studs and he was worried if he was gonna make Truckee by 6:00pm, curious if he made it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom