2018 Rubithon Wagon Run (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Photos or it didn't happen
Here are some before & after photos. I don't want to muddy up the Wagon run with these pics, so I'll just put them off to the side.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2qWjCkEYJJBqej5S7

It was too damn hot here to get pics underneath, I'll add the before/after of the skid plates this weekend when I get a chance to lift her up a bit, and take some new ones early in the morning

Here are some before & after photos. I don't want to muddy up the Wagon run with these pics, so I'll just put them off to the side.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2qWjCkEYJJBqej5S7

It was too damn hot here to get pics underneath, I'll add the before/after of the skid plates this weekend when I get a chance to lift her up a bit, and take some new ones early in the morning
Ron the link that was sent out will filter them by the time stamp so they will make a perfect end to the main wagon run album! Please add them, you won't be muddying anything!

Did the guy with the silver 60 make it to the graduation ??? We fixed a couple broken knuckle studs and he was worried if he was gonna make Truckee by 6:00pm, curious if he made it ?
Yes, he made it.

Yes, he made it.

That's great news. I'll call him for the story!

Great time at the Rubicon this year and many thanks to the Pryor clan. Especially for the filets on Thursday night! Very nice to see everyone at once and reconnect.

Anyone know what happened to the guys with the broken 60s? I'm hoping they made it out with my axle shafts intact!

And somehow, someway, we need to make sure someone in the wagon clan wins the damn chain saw next year!!!

rollin up the 5, flipped 271172 on the ODO. goin on 37's with the new OD gears in the Tcase from the crew at VH makes a way better RPM than 34" toyos.
Met up with some Doods in Sac for tacos then hit fresh Pond for last Fuel and the entrance to the Promised Land at Loon Lake Dam.
First Camp site up on the slabs just past the Gatekeeper was really killer.

IMG_3601.JPG

IMG_3600.JPG

IMG_3615.JPG

IMG_3618.JPG

IMG_3622.JPG

some guy rolls up in a chugging 60 with shiny parts under it and everybody went slackjaw.

The Blue 60 has seen more than a bakers dozen of these runs, and that's about all the body damage you can find....for now.

Momma Pryor shows her son how it's done....LEGIT. The Limo did really well.

A little history in the rear view mirror. @Cruiserdrew 's 40 is a staple on the 'Con. @TrickyT did a superb job driving/leading/gunning/spotting/everything.

it's not everyday you see a Sheriff in a built rig.

IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_3635.JPG

IMG_3638.JPG

IMG_3639.JPG

then i went radio silent for a bit and forgot to take pics, hoping my 10 year old would get some cool shots with his camera, but i think he took more pictures of the helicopter landing at Buck and a squirrel he saw...

now on to the tree rock in Big Sluice.

the traditional Bridge poser.

And then some wiring magic from Drew on my fridge cable.

IMG_3664.JPG

IMG_3668.JPG

IMG_3669.JPG

IMG_3674.JPG

IMG_3676.JPG

@woody has to stack rocks for his breakfast, funny; since he wont stack a rock or use a locker for anything else. Priorities bro!

the best views of the springs....

then @Cruiserdrew drops some knowledge on soon to be married Pryor boy @JohnnyOshow22 and a super sweet '62 coleman 413. (you have to say super sweet like Cartman)
it's straight up legit.
Like popping a dude from 234 with a Deagle, no scope....

IMG_3683.JPG

IMG_3685.JPG

IMG_3689.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

Last edited:
That's great news. I'll call him for the story!

Great time at the Rubicon this year and many thanks to the Pryor clan. Especially for the filets on Thursday night! Very nice to see everyone at once and reconnect.

Anyone know what happened to the guys with the broken 60s? I'm hoping they made it out with my axle shafts intact!

And somehow, someway, we need to make sure someone in the wagon clan wins the damn chain saw next year!!!
Steve Williamsen (driving the green 60 “princess?”) made it to placerville. He was sorting out driveshafts before driving to SoCal. I did not hear about his buddy who was swapping birfs in camp.

When your scaler has a scaler....hunnerd.

we didn't get any rainbro's on the trip...I apparently tried to flop on the way out, had a few wheel stands during the week, and the passenger seat has a seat cone from a 10 year old.

Great week with internet friends. great grub, memories and laughs.
Stoked we did it safely, and can't wait for another one.

I told my son I would love to do it with his child one day....hopefully I keep my rig together long enough.
He got his first pocket knife on this trip, drove a sweet 60 for his first driving on the "Con experience, go to drive our 80, tasted wine for the first time, and hung out with the old dudes learning how to tell lies and eat well. Family experience and dad son bonding at it's best.

well, except @Fireman , that guy....who nutha thread....amirite?

IMG_3707.JPG

IMG_3713.JPG

IMG_3715.JPG

IMG_3722.JPG

Steve Williamsen (driving the green 60 “princess?”) made it to placerville. He was sorting out driveshafts before driving to SoCal. I did not hear about his buddy who was swapping birfs in camp.

And Tyler Francis, the guy we helped out on Saturday, did make it back to SoCal. He did not have a C-clip for the end of the Pside axle shaft at the drive flange but apparently not having it did not affect anything.

Got this message from Dan Coll with the broken knuckle studs:

"I made it to graduation with zero time to spare and another broken stud on the same side when we made it to staging area..
Decided not to risk it with driving back in, never broken any before. I need to figure out what's causing the issue."

Last edited:
I don’t have many shots...
CA68E2C0-41B7-40FB-AB34-EE28232CB48F.jpeg
A4A32391-C2F2-4329-B2B2-DF0A2A869F81.jpeg

“Camp” :lol:
E279B2FF-53FE-42B9-92CA-811E8BD17EC3.jpeg

Hello all, back from Rubithon and the clean-up / wrap-up begins. If you have any pictures you would like considered for the Toyota Trails article, please send to chairman@rubithon.com preferably via dropbox if there are many. I will need to receive them by July 10th to submit for the magazine. Please include who took them and a small caption would be helpful.

If you have other pictures and would like them shared on Facebook please also send and just let me know, just for Facebook.

Additionally, I was able to get the T-shirt company to wait until Monday morning for our final order. If you would like any additional T-shirts or hoodies, I will need an email from you to chairman@rubithon.com stating what you want. Please send payment via PayPal to chairman@rubithon.com I will not be accepting any orders after 8pm on Sunday.

The cost is as follows, all T-shirts are $20 and Hoodies are $40. Shipping of less than 5 shirts or 2 hoodies is $10 and if more than that it is $15.

Thanks again to all the committee people that helped to make the event such a success and hope that all participants had a great time. See you next year!

Eric Agee

We are back in CT! We had a great time.

My wife and son's girlfriend flew out and we met them in Lake Tahoe. We went to the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Thunder Basin, Black Hills, Custer State Park and the Badlands on the return trip.

The last 3 days of traveling were long.

Thanks to all that helped with the Wagon Run and the 30th Rubicon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom