2018 Land Cruiser GRJ76 "Overlander" For Sale - $125,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not mine.

• 35k Miles
• 4.0L V6 1GRE-FE Fuel Injected Gasoline Engine
• Five-Speed Manual Transmission
• Two-Speed Transfer Case
• Toyota White
• Oak Interior
• 16" Black Painted Daytona Steel Wheels Including Spare
• Roof Rack
• AM/FM CD Radio USB (factory)
• Air Conditioning
• Power Windows/Locks
• Front 2 Hella 4000 Rallye Spot Lights with custom light switch OEM style
• Rear 2 LED Flood Lights with custom light switch OEM style
• 12K lbs. Badlands APEX Winch with Remote, Waterproof Rating IP68/69K
• Custom Front & Rear Powder Coated Steel Bumper
• 2 Inch Receiver Hitch in the Rear
• Rooftop Tent made by Tentco from South Africa, Ripstop Canvas 1.4 meter wide with extra room
• 285 75 16 BFG KO2 on custom 16 inch steel wheels including spare
• Toyota original jerry can and holder
• 2 Custom arm rests with cup holders made in Australia
• 2 inch receiver with trailer wiring
• High amp Blue Sea circuit breaker for accessories
• Clean Arizona title

1650916851038.png

1650916874487.png

1650916929215.png

1650916961885.png

1650916994938.png

How is this 2018 here and titled?

Even if they somehow slipped it past the state, wouldn't the feds crush it if you were stopped by a knowledgable LEO?

How is this 2018 here and titled?

After looking up the title, its nearly identical to mine, so I'm guessing they registered it as though its a 200 series.

Sadly I think the owner may have already committed multiple crimes simply by registering it, if they misrepresented what it is in doing so. If they sell it, you can probably add fraud to that list. Either way eventually the federal government will seize it, and crush it.

I got the VIN from a photo posted elsewhere, and pulled the title.

[Title detail removed at the request of presumed seller]

Last edited:
The VIN plate is in Arabic, so it's from the Gulf States and absolutely not legal under federal safety or EPA laws. I would imagine it came over under either a 'tourist visa' (no more than 12 months in country) or as a special designation but those are usually one-off priceless productions destined for a museum and can't normally be registered. It had to have come through port legitimately, but it would be very easy to tell ADOT its 2018 Land Cruiser and have them think its a 200 series. Their software must not decode the VIN beyond Make.

I would be shocked and pleasantly surprised to find out it had somehow been properly federalized and was legal to drive in the US. It would take a lot of documentation and multiple conversations with the required agencies confirming as much before I would even begin to believe it.

Last edited:
Can you confirm it is illegal?
How many vehicles have been crushed by the fed? (Really how many beyond nissan skylines)
What happened to all the rovers that were confiscated?

How about we just talk about an overpriced rig where cost plus every aftermarket add on is calculated at full msrp.

Can you confirm it is illegal?
How many vehicles have been crushed by the fed? (Really how many beyond nissan skylines)
What happened to all the rovers that were confiscated?

How about we just talk about an overpriced rig where cost plus every aftermarket add on is calculated at full msrp.

I can't CONFIRM anything, but as someone who has researched what it takes to get a car 70 Series Land Cruiser, newer than 25 years, into this country and drive it legally, let alone transact it via a private party sale... again... legally, I can't come up with any plausible way this vehicle is properly federalized. If it is, great! Strangely I'm not seeing it listed on any auction site that would need to verify that fact. If this thing is legit, the only place it should be selling is at auction.

As for the rovers, I don't know but I have seen Customs and Border Patrol videos online of rovers being crushed due to having been imported illegally.

From your article: "All the vehicles in question are now at least 26 years old, and none has been proven to carry a swapped VIN." This is a pretty specific reason for the return of the defenders.

This is a 2018 cruiser. Not even close to 25 year rule.

Here's a pretty recent seizure. Doesn't matter if it's a skyline or a cruiser. Same rules apply.

Florida Revokes Titles Of Nearly 400 Illegally Imported Cars | Carscoops - https://www.carscoops.com/2022/03/florida-revokes-titles-of-nearly-400-illegally-imported-cars/

There's a good reason why so many are skeptical of this rig. Any one who buys this rig is taking a risk of losing the vehicle. Maybe that's why it's being sold now.

My problem with this
These guys make money selling them at this cost.

Some duche imports one and title it in US. Ads a lift kit, bumper, and roof top tent and tries to sell (used) for $125,000.

While cruisers and their parts were a little more expensive they were cheap. 7x series parts made since 1984 are still cheap (partssouq amayama). Hell, 40 series parts were common until the early 2010’s when Greg Milller threw them in 13 cargo containers.

Now, idiots pay $20,000 for a fj60 (or more). Come on. I drove two for 6 years and they are a beast. 40 series are plain rotten on the highway. Bj’s are pathetic.

….and all this 25 year bullshiat is due to Reagan era Mercedes Benz legislation to kill imports.

Anyway. A $30,000 truck w $7,000 worth of parts are real world value.

No one here likes the 25 year rule, but it's still the rule.

I'm not the target market for a $125,000 truck regardless. I'll stick with my 04 100.

no matter the cost or what year it is, the dorkel kills it for me :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom