2018 Land Cruiser GRJ76 "Overlander" For Sale - $125,000 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought the owner was watching this thread? Maybe they can speak to it?
What is a coffee can donor? What insurance perspective are you looking from? I'm just curious as to what the perspectives are here...my point of view is that it would be silly to insure something like this with full coverage since body shops couldn't procure parts. Liability coverage seems appropriate and from an insurance perspective this vehicle would not be any more dangerous than alot of US market vehicles, it's slow, and it's not overly big to the point of being a hazard to others. What is a point of contest, IMO is that in many states AZ being one of them is that you can legally drive side by sides and atvs which are certainly not nhtsa compliant on the roads. You can also drive motorcycles even without a helmet for that matter which are much more dangerous for an operator than one of these land cruisers. What I would love to here is a explanation of the logic behind all that.

What is a coffee can donor? What insurance perspective are you looking from? I'm just curious as to what the perspectives are here...my point of view is that it would be silly to insure something like this with full coverage since body shops couldn't procure parts. Liability coverage seems appropriate and from an insurance perspective this vehicle would not be any more dangerous than alot of US market vehicles, it's slow, and it's not overly big to the point of being a hazard to others. What is a point of contest, IMO is that in many states AZ being one of them is that you can legally drive side by sides and atvs which are certainly not nhtsa compliant on the roads. You can also drive motorcycles even without a helmet for that matter which are much more dangerous for an operator than one of these land cruisers. What I would love to here is a explanation of the logic behind all that.

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean above. I was saying that someone on the thread make comment that the owner of the rig was on this thread, so I was saying that maybe they could comment on how it was registered and insured. I have no idea what a coffee can donor is. Have to defer to the owner of that statement.

There are some scenarios that could land you in hot water driving a vehicle like this but I was really talking about this particular vehicle. The guy seems to have it registered as a 200 series based off the information shared in this thread. If that is true...then you are lying to the registration office and the insurance company, right?

Issue #1: If you get into an accident with this vehicle, your insurance company can deny you the liability coverage because the vehicle wasn't supposed to be here in the first place. That opens you up to being personally sued to cover any costs for damages and medical that you may have incurred on whomever you hit, even if it wasn't your fault possibility. Insurance company can just say good luck and you are on your own....

Issue #2: If somehow the federal (or state) government finds out that you are registering something under a fake VIN which appears what this guy is doing....then what happens? Car can be seized and crushed for scrap metal (turned into coffee cans...was just figure of speech) and maybe charged for fraud?

If you own something like the vehicle discussed in this thread, you really should just enjoy it and not post up pictures of it here or on youtube like the particular owner is. It is what I would do if I was taking the risk and lying to registration and insurance. (but I wouldn't do it myself....).

I am all for him explaining himself if he did all of this legally but I doubt he will chime in otherwise.

There are some scenarios that could land you in hot water driving a vehicle like this but I was really talking about this particular vehicle. The guy seems to have it registered as a 200 series based off the information shared in this thread. If that is true...then you are lying to the registration office and the insurance company, right?

Issue #1: If you get into an accident with this vehicle, your insurance company can deny you the liability coverage because the vehicle wasn't supposed to be here in the first place. That opens you up to being personally sued to cover any costs for damages and medical that you may have incurred on whomever you hit, even if it wasn't your fault possibility. Insurance company can just say good luck and you are on your own....

Issue #2: If somehow the federal (or state) government finds out that you are registering something under a fake VIN which appears what this guy is doing....then what happens? Car can be seized and crushed for scrap metal (turned into coffee cans...was just figure of speech) and maybe charged for fraud?

If you own something like the vehicle discussed in this thread, you really should just enjoy it and not post up pictures of it here or on youtube like the particular owner is. It is what I would do if I was taking the risk and lying to registration and insurance. (but I wouldn't do it myself....).

I am all for him explaining himself if he did all of this legally but I doubt he will chime in otherwise.
Ah coffee donor as in scrap metal...that makes sense. Yeah I doubt the owner would have much desire to "explain himself" in this thread which I certainly don't blame him for.

Ah coffee donor as in scrap metal...that makes sense. Yeah I doubt the owner would have much desire to "explain himself" in this thread which I certainly don't blame him for.

He opened himself up to having to when he listed it for sale to potential buyers but yeah, he doesn’t have to here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom