2017 Carolina Relic Run - Volunteers Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The Carolina Relic Run is only one month away. To ensure a successful event, I am in need of additional volunteers as reflected below. Please PM me or post up if you are willing to lend a hand or know someone that should be asked. If you feel I've overlooked asking for help in a particular area, please PM me.

Registration: Marie Shandor, @gaap master (Rob), @forrest5000 (Eric); @little_joe (Joe) and @CharlestonG8R (Jeremy)

Vehicle Inspections: @fourtrax (Eric), @Fort Knox (Allen), @GLTHFJ60 (Johnny), @forrest5000 (Eric) and @CharlestonG8R (Jeremy)

Leader for Friday evening/night trail ride:
Leaders for Saturday trail rides:
Easy: @FJinTegaCay (David)
Moderate:
Hard:​
Leader(s) for Sunday trail ride(s):

Saturday night dinner:
Menu and oversight: @blue98stang (Stacy)
Grill Masters: @erymer (Eric) and @little_joe (Joe)
ARB Refrigerator storage for meat and sides: @forrest5000 (Eric - also has large 7-day cooler); Prefer to have at least 2 more volunteers!!!​

Emcee: @JohnVee

Campsite Activities:
Cornhole boards - At least two sets; @alk747triodad (Kenny) and @gaap master (Rob) will each bring one set.
Kickball -
Ladder Toss -
Bocce - @little_joe (Joe)
Axe throwing - @tgadd (Scott) will bring his set up assuming he has his liability waivers and insurance in place. Must be at least 18 years of age to throw!​

Firewood: @erymer (Eric) and @blue98stang (Stacy); Possibly @S4Cruiser (Jon)
Additional firewood available for pickup from @roadstr6 for anyone in the Charlotte area that can help.​

Drone - Video and still images: (@concretejungle is unable to commit at this time)

Last edited:
Sorry David, you'll have to find another grill master. I can't come.

Since we are doing inspections at registration this year. can also help at the registration tent , in between inspections

I also have the 150 quart 7 day cooler , for the food .

@FJinTegaCay I am happy to volunteer for grillmaster duties; I can assist w/ registration Fri afternoon and Saturday morning.

Don't hate me, but I'm also bringing bocce.

David,
Let me know about the firewood. We have access to plenty for free.

David,
Let me know about the firewood. We have access to plenty for free.

With three kiddos and likely food items for Saturday's dinner, I can't imagine you'd have room. If you could manage to bring some, please do.

I have a good amount of seasoned hickory I can bring if we drive the truck.

Let me know if that works out. If you drove the truck, you could also trailer your 40 for us to drool over (assuming it's reassembled but not yet drivable).

Last edited:
I have firewood. If any local Charlotte folks want to drop by and pick some up, feel free. I will be bringing the Crockpot to the RR so not much space for me to haul wood.

With trailer, roof rack and possibly driving two down.. we should have plenty of room for some wood. ;)

I wish i could. At this point i dont even know if i will make it.

Weekend bump. Hoping to get a few people to volunteer to be trail leaders and find someone with a drone.

@roadstr6 and @little_joe, any chance you guys can bring your R/Cs and put on a demonstration for the kids and people like me that are interested?

Weekend bump. Hoping to get a few people to volunteer to be trail leaders and find someone with a drone.

@roadstr6 and @little_joe, any chance you guys can bring your R/Cs and put on a demonstration for the kids and people like me that are interested?

Sure. Ironically, there is an RC crawler event at Big Creek Rocks Creek Big that weekend which my buddy is organizing, I invited them over to URE for the freak show. ;)

I can bring a corn hole set.

Lumberjaxe is official and ready to participate. We'll be cruising up Saturday in our one-of-a-kind relic to let the adults throw axes (sorry those with kids but insurance won't allow it yet).

And yes, we have a net that surrounds the target. Promo shots need to be pretty.

IMG_20170527_181518_174.jpg

00A_5357.jpg

00A_5777.jpg

Thanks to all of those that have volunteered for this coming weekend!

Does anyone in the club have a drone they can bring for some arial shots?

We still have a few open volunteer spots. I'll draft people on-site if no one raises their hand:
Leader for Friday evening/night trail ride:
Leaders for Saturday trail rides:
Moderate:
Hard:​
Leader(s) for Sunday trail ride(s):

As far as registration, we'll rotate in shifts and figure out times based on your schedules and wishes. I will definitely want help Friday afternoon pulling shirts for registrants to ensure they get the sizes they paid for. My goal is to register as many folks on Friday as possible to take the pressure off Saturday morning.

Thanks again everyone! See you Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom