2016 LC200 Build - King 3.0 - Dissent Bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So first off I want to start by saying thanks to those who take the time to post on this forum. I found it to be so damn helpful during my build to learn from all the information gathered here on IH8MUD. I hope some of the info and pics I post here helps someone else in the decisions on their build.

I'm really happy with how the build turned out so far. I still need some rear springs to bring it up a bit and I'll probably crank on the c/o's a little after that bc they are completely bottomed out right now. The ride quality of the Kings is just awesome, they also eliminated the nose dive on hard braking. These 3.0's really are blowing my mind. I've been driving around looking for the roughest parts of the roads and it's smooth as butter...well worth the investment.

Anyone considering Dissent bumpers and gear for their LC200 should just do it. They really make the truck IMO and Ben's work is top notch.

Here's a list of the mods so far:

Dissent bumpers (ComeUp Winch)
King 3.0 on all 4 corners
Total Chaos UCA and LCA
TRD Pro Tundra wheels (2019)
275/70/18 BFG AT KO2
Spidertrax spacers
Bud Built sliders
Gobi roof rack
RIGID 40 light bar

I had all the parts ceramic coated before install to help protect them from the elements, mainly the salt air out here on the coast in CA. One of the hardest choices was tire size. I've run BFG AT's on every 4x4 I've owned. I didn't want any rubbing issues so I went with the 275/70/18 and very happy with how it turned out.

Next on the list is rear springs, probably the ICON 1.75...and bring the front up another inch or so Then maybe delete all the chrome trim.

There's a part of me that wants to put the 4Runner TRD Pro emblem on the rear pillar down low like the HE ones have the TLC emblem, I'll mock it up and see how it looks.

I'll get some more pics up as the build progresses.

IMG_9497.JPG

IMG_9498.JPG

IMG_9499.JPG

lc200.JPG

IMG_9504.JPG

Last edited:
Can you provide some additional pictures and/or description on where/how you mounted each of the remote reservoirs, please? Thanks!!

Looks great! Do you ever see cold weather? There are rumors about the 3.0 spec not doing as well in cold weather because they are intended to handle even higher heat than the 2.5s. But I can't tell if they are just rumors. Might have to call King. Anyway, I'm sure you'll love that setup. What spring weight are you running up front? 700in/lbs?

I'm in SoCal, so hard to tell if cold weather is going to be an issue. I am particularly interested in where the rear reservoirs are mounted because mine are tucked up under the body above the rearmost mount for the stock running boards. Seems like an iffy location right now, but I think I would be much more confident/comfortable if I had sliders.

Looks great! Is that a satin finish on the bumpers? Also, what made you put the tire on the passenger side? I think most of the installs have it on the driver side for visibility...

Looks great! Do you ever see cold weather? There are rumors about the 3.0 spec not doing as well in cold weather because they are intended to handle even higher heat than the 2.5s. But I can't tell if they are just rumors. Might have to call King. Anyway, I'm sure you'll love that setup. What spring weight are you running up front? 700in/lbs?

Moby, I have had the King 3.0 with the 700 in/lb spring on my cruiser for the last year. I live in Colorado and work as an alpine ski coach. So what I am saying is that I drive a lot in the cold and snow. I haven't noticed a decrease in performance in the cold, but then snow packed roads are a lot smoother than a washboarded desert road.

Awesome, thanks much for the feedback!

if your looking for a new home for that rig please let me know. That’s what I’m aiming for. Very very nice. Bravo!!!!

Only on this forum can I admit that I salivated while looking at those photos.

hi, Nicely done! Any rubbing on the KDSS bar with the driver side front tire?

Sorry been a while since I've been on here. No rubbing whatsoever.

Update on the build...the uniballs for the Total Chaos UCA and LCA were really tight to break in, I was having return to center issues. Since we installed both at the same time we decided to put the stock LCA back on and that would loosen the front end a bit bc there would only be uniballs from the UCA's. That fixed the return to center issues.

In the end I decided to swap out the Total Chaos stuff with ICON billet UCA's...they ended up working out much better. I also installed their billet lower rear trailing arms.

The ICON rear springs were a bit too soft for towing our Opus offroad trailer so I opted for the OME 2723. Rear end definitely came up almost 2 inches. Haven't hooked the trailer up yet but am confident it will site right where I want. Looking into the ARB Drawers once they become available again too. Also got a Redarc brake control installed. Absolutely loving this LC200. Here's a recent pic after the changes.

IMG_1768 (1).PNG

IMG_1777.JPG

Can you provide some additional pictures and/or description on where/how you mounted each of the remote reservoirs, please? Thanks!!

IMG_1775.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

Last edited:
Curious to hear why the Icon UCAs were better than the TCs?

the ICONs with the delta joints just had more of a “factory” feel at the wheel. Obviously the uniball is a stronger setup but I just immediately liked the feel of the ICONs much better.

I’ll make someone a smoking deal on the TC UCA and LCAs if interested. I’m in Santa Barbara CA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom