Builds 2012 Fauxoverlander Fire Agate Pearl Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its been a little bit since my last update. Im still collecting parts as we speak. Ive gathered up enough suspension pieces to install the lift this weekend. To get the ball rolling I had the wheels mounted, balanced, amd programmed.
IMG_20210318_165039_729.jpg

Its been a little bit since my last update. Im still collecting parts as we speak. Ive gathered up enough suspension pieces to install the lift this weekend. To get the ball rolling I had the wheels mounted, balanced, amd programmed. View attachment 2618670

I love that wheel. Cannot wait to see it on the truck.

Buddies father has a set on his Tacoma, definitely a cool wheel.

I had her back on the lift at my buddys shop to tackle the lift, upper control arms, and KDSS spacers. With a game plan set and the shop to myself I put on my favorites and got to work. Everything was smooth sailing until I put the UCAs on the wrong sides. Doh! I fought with the rear springs for a while before I remembered to drop the sway bar. After buttoning everything back up I went to install the KDSS spacers and was stopped dead in my tracks because the wrong hardware was sent. Doh! Ill leave them off for now since I really dont need them. After a once over and quick reset of the shop I cut the body mount and running boards then melted some platics. I didnt have my wheels and tires to check for clearance. After a quick wheel swap tomorrow Ill be back it taking measurements and hopefully welding up the body mounts. Thanks for looking and stay tuned for part 2!
20210320_092712.jpg
20210320_101524.jpg
20210320_092410.jpg

P.S. Im sorry I didn't take more pics!

I had her back on the lift at my buddys shop to tackle the lift, upper control arms, and KDSS spacers. With a game plan set and the shop to myself I put on my favorites and got to work. Everything was smooth sailing until I put the UCAs on the wrong sides. Doh! I fought with the rear springs for a while before I remembered to drop the sway bar. After buttoning everything back up I went to install the KDSS spacers and was stopped dead in my tracks because the wrong hardware was sent. Doh! Ill leave them off for now since I really dont need them. After a once over and quick reset of the shop I cut the body mount and running boards then melted some platics. I didnt have my wheels and tires to check for clearance. After a quick wheel swap tomorrow Ill be back it taking measurements and hopefully welding up the body mounts. Thanks for looking and stay tuned for part 2!View attachment 2621062View attachment 2621063View attachment 2621064

P.S. Im sorry I didn't take more pics!
Gotta love having a good friend with a shop like that! It almost looks like Fred Williams shop from his show "Dirt Everyday". He has his lift on the far left side of the shop also. Fred wouldn't be your buddy would he??
Nahh... If it was Fred's shop, he'd have you putting 40" tires on your rig!

Swapped over the new wheels and tires this morning. The only place it rubs is the front of the driver side fenderliner. That will be an easy fix. I even had a little spare time to build and install the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform.
_DSC1020 (1).jpg

_DSC1031 (1).jpg

Swapped over the new wheels and tires this morning. The only place it rubs is the front of the driver side fenderliner. That will be an easy fix. I even had a little spare time to build and install the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform. View attachment 2621756
View attachment 2621762
Looks perfect. Can you please list the components you used to lift this ride? Thanks

Looking very good!

Can you tell us what size lift you went front and rear as well as what level of shocks(comfort, medium, heavy)? This looks absolutely amazing!

Can you tell us what size lift you went front and rear as well as what level of shocks(comfort, medium, heavy)? This looks absolutely amazing!
Sorry for the really late reply. I went with the Dobinsons 3" IMS Medium Lift and SPC Upper Control Arms.

Ive been lacking in my updates because I was unsure if I was going to keep this rig. I havent done much to it other than a Redarc Brake controller. Since deciding to keep it Ive decided to move forward with the mods.

Ive spent the last week planning a minimalist yet functional setup for when Im out on solo trips. Ill need a place to sleep, store tools and camping gear, a place to cook, and a place to wash up. With that being said I very rarely have passengers or plans to pickup chicks around the mall so middle row and third row seats came out. The first order of business was to have a flat floor to start with. I then made a countersunk tray in the front of it to house the 100ah battery, dc to dc charger, fuse panel, etc etc. This will also house the water pump and some other things. Dont worry the wet units will be seperated by a divider. I did pickup a new/used Front Runner tailgate table off the marketplace so thatll hang from the rear door. Thats all I have for now.
20210918_090104.jpg

20210918_145544.jpg

Reactions: kgx
Ive made some progress on the sleeping platform/storage system.
20210921_185913.jpg

Ive added the center divider and top to it. Originally the front halves opened up on piano hinges to gain access to the storage Ive built beneath it. I didnt like how large those were so I cut out lids and fastened the rest back to the frame of the platform. Ill have to come up with a way to make that very front overhang flip or fold so that I still whave full seating adjustment.
20210919_172141.jpg

20210919_171954.jpg
20210919_171943.jpg
20210919_121613.jpg

Im still chipping away at my design of the sleeping platform. I added some carpet to the top for a non-slip surface, added some folding hinges to the front panels to retain seat adjustability, amd figured out how to safely secure the entire platform with turnbuckle anchors.
The fridge and slide came in so I was quick to wire up the DC to DC charger, fuse panel, and house battery. I read that the 12v plug for the fridge is wonky so I cut that end off and spliced in a SAE plug and installed a port on the outside of the platform. Im keeping most of the electrical connections and water connections on the outside of the platform form serviceability and to quickly change back to stock if needed.

I still need to build the drawers!

Enough of the babbling on with some pictures.
20210929_143503.jpg
20210929_143845.jpg
20210929_143531.jpg
20210929_143556.jpg
20211003_123922.jpg

Ìts been quite some time since Ive updated again. The truck has been nothing but awesome and the miles are racking up. I havent done too much more to it. Ive had to swap out the rear coils for the HD versions for several reasons including the addition of the Rig'd Ultraswing. I got it used for a heck of a deal. Its came with the Rago Molle Panel and Table. Ive since swapped out that table for the Rotopax. The table will go back on once I get their (Rig'd) Sidehack ordered and Ill be able to have both. Ive also added Crawl Control and Multi Terrain Select to the mix. Ive yet to test them to their fullest. Ive been working on replacing the factory armor. The first line of business was to swap in an RCI steel skid. The rest of their skids will follow. Sorry for the lack of pictures of these additions but Ill leave you with one picture to sum it all up. Until next time!
_DSC3089 (3).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom