1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 vs. 2013 Buying Thoughts?

Discussion in '200-Series Cruisers' started by mpho, Aug 10, 2017.

1. kreiten

kreiten

I've run Black Bear pass twice over the past couple years, super easy cool trail! We had several stock 200's with us that did just fine. Def a trail worth running for the views and ya do get to have one little pucker moment on the cliffs:)

A10Driver likes this.
  2. Mogwai

Mogwai SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I think everyone has made some good points. To me, if you have the money it doesn't make sense to go for the older model, as long as you're getting FMV and the truck is at least a few years old (initial depreciation). In this case a 13 vs 08 you'll pay the same in the end, if not less for the 13 as no matter the value, it's still a refresh and will command higher dollar than launch version from future buyers. But I'm coming at this from an "eventual sale" perspective and not the hold for life mentality.

What is it about the older models people find more attractive than newer? IMO it's exactly the opposite and the truck gets less boring/Highlander-ish as it has been iterated over the years, even to the point I now prefer the new style over my 13 even though I did not initially.

3. Markuson

Markuson SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    We had a fully stock 200 with us on Black Bear Pass last year. As far as I know, the only damage was to the stock running boards...which should have probably been removed anyway... And...I don't know whether the running boards were bent on that particular trail or not. As I recall...one truck didn't even have AT tires...

A10Driver likes this.
  4. Taco2Cruiser

Taco2Cruiser Friend of BudBuilt

I used to go down black bear in a Subaru Forester and one time in a rental GMC Envoy, nothing touched the ground other than tire.

Black Bear is a beautiful trail, with amazing views. Hard it is not. There's no big rocks in the middle of it, it's like a boat ramp with a cliff. If you're ever by the trail, do it, you won't regret it, and a stock 200 on street tires is absolutely more than capable of taking it. You just need a little driving skill and enjoy the truck in low range limited to first gear.

Once a year through they change the trail direction to go up it, that's a bit different and if you have some legit tires and a rear locker makes for a pretty awesome time also.

A10Driver likes this.
  5. Docboy

Docboy

What year WRX did you have? Do you miss it? :)

I also saw an earlier post re: your Bluetooth Audio trick and USB mod. Would you mind sharing link of which products you used?

6. Markuson

Markuson SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    My WRX was a 2013...and it was an absolute BLAST to drive! It was nearly impossible to corner too fast in that thing, and I actually got it to 154MPH on two brief occasions (probably good I sold it!). The speedometer stops (hits the pin) at 154 (after overriding an electronic speed governor via re-flash of the computer. I definitely miss it's zippy fun-to-drive-ness...BUT...I sold it to help pay for my 200...so no regrets.

I'll try to look up the info on my inexpensive Bluetooth Audio solution...