2007 4.5TD LC 200 - black smoke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

First timer here. Haven’t got an LC yet, but looking at a few and hoping to buy one soon.

Currently looking at a 2007 200 series 4.5TD that’s done around 400,000kms. Owner has mentioned servicing has been done at Toyota under his ownership, but he got the ECU remapped and so sometimes there’s black smoke that comes out from the exhaust.

He told me that this is common for LCs when remapped. Is this true? Or should I be looking for a bigger issue?

Thanks for any and all help.

Hi all

First timer here. Haven’t got an LC yet, but looking at a few and hoping to buy one soon.

Currently looking at a 2007 200 series 4.5TD that’s done around 400,000kms. Owner has mentioned servicing has been done at Toyota under his ownership, but he got the ECU remapped and so sometimes there’s black smoke that comes out from the exhaust.

He told me that this is common for LCs when remapped. Is this true? Or should I be looking for a bigger issue?

Thanks for any and all help.
Is your VDJ pre-DPF?

do you know if it's had an intake clean? after 400,000km you should really do one.

Is your VDJ pre-DPF?

do you know if it's had an intake clean? after 400,000km you should really do one.
It’s not mine yet. Are they pre-DPF based on year model, or is there another way I need to find that out?

I had someone check out the car on my behalf with the following things spotted:
- intercooler looks like it needs replacing
- there is a bit of oil from intercooler piping
- throwing C1268 error code

Interesting. I didn’t know there were any 2007 200 series.

It’s not mine yet. Are they pre-DPF based on year model, or is there another way I need to find that out?

I had someone check out the car on my behalf with the following things spotted:
- intercooler looks like it needs replacing
- there is a bit of oil from intercooler piping
- throwing C1268 error code

If you're doing the intercooler, might as well do a full intake clean plus replace the starter motors which sits in the valley of the V.
DPF looks like it's from 2015 onwards

The code could be for a faulty 4wd LO selector. Try switching it on a few times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom