2006 or '03-'05 w/Supercharger (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any experience with superchargers on '03 - '05s LC's? I would like the extra power the '06's have but was wondering if it would be better (less expensive & more power) to go with an older model and add a supercharger. Any input?

It may sound backwards, but look at it that way. I mean reverse it. Would you by an 03 to 05 with a wupercharger on it vs a newwer LC with higher HP?

Because once a vehicle gets modded with a supercharger it becomes (IMHO) a very personal vehicle. One that the owner becomes very familar with and knows how to fix himself, or can afford someone else to do it for a lot more $$$.

Also, regearing is probably more important to restoring lost perceived HP than a Supercharger. Supercharger are great for high altitude work or if you really just like the kick-in-the-pants feeling of power. But with gas at $3 to $4 a gallon, I don't know how much your going to be wanting to play with your right foot.

I had a Supercharged vehicle once, and I smiled every time I dropped the loud pedal until I went to the gas station, which was often, and that was when premium was ofter less than a buck.

So if power is premium, then consider an 06 or wait until the 08 model with the 5.7L Tundra motor. That truck is the bomb, so I bet the LC and Lexus will be real neck snappers too. All while getting better MPG.

FYI- The TRD supercharger was only available for a short time, and is no longer available, so you would have a tough time finding one of those.

I'd go with the '06. If you are still not happy with the acceleration, regear to 4.88. That should smash you back into your seat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom