2006 Nav System Loading error - Unplug? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Red Beard

Cruisin'
Threads
Website
cruisin4parts.com
So the nav constantly shows "System Loading" as I'm sure the nav is broken. But I've heard the nav can be unplugged and that screen won't show.

I couldn't find anything here on Mud so I'm assuming that might be false?

I don't need the nav, but I do want the radio and backup camera is possible.

Probably is just the nav dvd drive unit. Its located under the RH (USA passenger) front seat. I'm not sure exactly how it reacts if you just unplug it though... that may do what you're thinking. Easy enough to just try that.

Our nav dvd drive went bad on our 05 LX470 and I bought a used one on ebay for $100 and replaced it. Works great again now.

Mine gave this message when I purchased a eBay sourced nav update dvd. I pulled it after a day and put the old one back in.

You may want to remove the dvd, it could have dust or debris causing the error.

Thanks for the replies I’m going to try disconnecting it and report back.

if That doesn’t work the way I want, I’ll look into eBay. Looks like there are a couple up there right now.

So, I removed the DVD system. Things do not function as expected. Rear view camera and left side speakers do not work.

BUT, What I did find out is that there is a setting that is something like "Auto switch back to Nav" found in the menus. That was on, so it kept switching to the System Loading screen which I hated. I changed that switch and now it stays on radio. That's all I need. I'm going to use my phone for navigation.

Any thoughts on the best iPhone mounts for use as GPS?

my 2006 nav system seems to have just mb crapped out, it had been working fine but after all this cold weather it says "No navigation DVD, please insert" or something like that and when i go to open the under seat player it won't eject the disc. ugh

Got it working again, just had to eject then reinsert the disc and I wasn't doing the ejection process properly.

if anyone needs one, I have two 2006 units that came out of two LCs that I worked on. I'd sell them two for one just to get rid of them.
PM'd you @jerryb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom