2005 GX 470 OBD II Pinout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently got Air bags removed and OME suspension fitted. VSC TRAC lights are not going off. I removed
Both fuses in Engine Bay and also the Air suspension relay.
First the lights were off, just air susp light was on.

On driving in (D) the lights came on.
Then I took out TEMS fuse too, and now lights stay on (but no H/N/off light)

I am wondering if I need to do zero point calibration?
If so, I need to find out my CG and TS ports. I do not want to short the wrong pins and fry my ecu or something!

I recently got Air bags removed and OME suspension fitted. VSC TRAC lights are not going off. I removed

If so, I need to find out my CG and TS ports. I do not want to short the wrong pins and fry my ecu or something!

I had the same issues. See the thread: "VSC TRAC", "VSC OFF", and "Slip" indicators lights

I put the TEMS fuse back in and did the ZPC with the Techstream software. I just live with the flashing air suspension "off" light.

The Techstream would not do a ZPC with the TEMS fuse out. Maybe the CG and TS ports method will work with the TEMS fuse out.
Tell me how it goes.

BTW, put the TEMS fuse back in and see if the "VSC TRACK" and "VSC OFF" and "Slip" indicators goes out. If they dobn't then ZPC is needed, otherwise I don't think you do, but if it were me I read the fault codes rather than the lights.

BTW, put the TEMS fuse back in and see if the "VSC TRACK" and "VSC OFF" and "Slip" indicators goes out. If they dobn't then ZPC is needed, otherwise I don't think you do, but if it were me I read the fault codes rather than the lights.
Thanks Dharma Dude
When I put back TEMS and start vehicle, the lights go out only till I put it into D or R
the moment I start moving the vehicle, the lights come back on.

I looked at a video where you have to short the pin 4 and 13 on the OBD connector 4 times within 8 seconds.

I would like to add that I watched this video

However, I believe GX 470 pinout is 4 and 13 for CG and TS. But I just want to be sure

its 4 and 12 for the GX470 to do the ZPC.... my port is mounted upside down from this picture as i assume they all are and doing the manual method with the fuses pulled turned all lights off

unnamed.png

.A. Clear the zero point calibration data.

(1) Turn the ignition switch off.

(2) Check that the steering wheel is centered.

(3) Check that the shift lever is in P.

(4) Turn the ignition switch to ON.

(5) The ABS warning light and slip indicator light come on for 3 seconds to indicate that the initial check is completed.

(6) Using SST, connect and disconnect terminals 12 (TS) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3 4 times or more within 8 seconds.

(7) Check that the slip indicator light comes on.

This clears the old data points now you are ready to perform the
zero point calibration of the yaw rate and acceleration sensor.

(4) Using SST, connect terminals 12 (TS) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.... keep them connected during the entire procedure.

(5) Turn the ignition switch to ON.

(6) Keep the vehicle stationary on a level surface for 5 seconds or more.

(7) Check that the slip indicator light comes on for several seconds and then blink in the test mode pattern (0.125 seconds on and 0.125 seconds off).

Dont touch anything...now you have to calibrate the Downhill Assist Control.

(1) Turn the downhill assist control switch on.

(2) check that the downhill assist control indicator light is blinking.

(3) Turn the downhill assist control switch off.

(4) Turn the ignition switch off and disconnect SST from the DLC3.

(5) Drive the vehicle straight ahead at 40 km/h (25 mph) or more for at least 10 seconds.

you are done....the hardest part for me was finding a place where i could do the procedure and then drive straight for 10 seconds above 25mph..... my lights went off after a couple minutes of driving.

Last edited:
its 4 and 12 for the GX470 to do the ZPC.... my port is mounted upside down from this picture as i assume they all are and doing the manual method with the fuses pulled turned all lights off

View attachment 1573704

.A. Clear the zero point calibration data.

(4) Turn the ignition switch to ON.

(5) The ABS warning light and slip indicator light come on for 3 seconds to indicate that the initial check is completed.

(6) Using SST, connect and disconnect terminals 12 (TS) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3 4 times or more within 8 seconds.

(7) Check that the slip indicator light comes on.

This clears the old data points now you are ready to perform the
zero point calibration of the yaw rate and acceleration sensor.

(4) Using SST, connect terminals 12 (TS) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.... keep them connected during the entire procedure.

(5) Turn the ignition switch to ON.

(6) Keep the vehicle stationary on a level surface for 5 seconds or more.

(7) Check that the slip indicator light comes on for several seconds and then blink in the test mode pattern (0.125 seconds on and 0.125 seconds off).

Dont touch anything...now you have to calibrate the Downhill Assist Control.

(1) Turn the downhill assist control switch on.

(2) check that the downhill assist control indicator light is blinking.

(3) Turn the downhill assist control switch off.

(4) Turn the ignition switch off and disconnect SST from the DLC3.

(5) Drive the vehicle straight ahead at 40 km/h (25 mph) or more for at least 10 seconds.

you are done....the hardest part for me was finding a place where i could do the procedure and then drive straight for 10 seconds above 25mph..... my lights went off after a couple minutes of driving.

Hi @Racerman27410
Did you do this with TEMs fuse in or out?

I'm going to have try the procedure as you described. I had to put the TEMS fuse in to do the ZPC with the Techstream software.

yup... i had the same issue. I think once the TEMS fuse is pulled everything reverts to basic programming.. doing this manually resets that base coding.

There was no way i was going to drive around with all those lights on...it also makes the anti skid control do some crazy stuff with the brakes in bad situations.... the ZPC absolutely needs to be done..

yup... i had the same issue. I think once the TEMS fuse is pulled everything reverts to basic programming.. doing this manually resets that base coding.

There was no way i was going to drive around with all those lights on...it also makes the anti skid control do some crazy stuff with the brakes in bad situations.... the ZPC absolutely needs to be done..

The lights went out when I did the ZPC with the Techstream software. I only have the flashing AHC "off" light which doesn't bother me. I can confirm that VSC, ATRAC all works as I had activated VSC a few times already, and I used ATRAC a few times at Pismo beach Turf and Surt this weekend. DAC also works.

But I do wish that a Lexus/Toyota tech could give a us all a really good in-depth understanding of the different ways of doing ZPC.

i dont like having lights on my dash (flashing or otherwise) All i really care about is does it work... and in this case the manual procedure as i described above does work. ..no lights and no dtc's Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot of the replies. Finally some hard info on how to do it.
Well, as for me, I went back to Jeff from toy connection Santa Clara (who did the conversion and OME install), and he connected snap vertus scan thingy, and did multiple calibration stuff including steering and ZPC.

Now off light is blinking, and will stay blinking. Does not bother me. VSC etc., are off now.

Thanks a lot of the replies. Finally some hard info on how to do it.
Well, as for me, I went back to Jeff from toy connection Santa Clara (who did the conversion and OME install), and he connected snap vertus scan thingy, and did multiple calibration stuff including steering and ZPC.

Now off light is blinking, and will stay blinking. Does not bother me. VSC etc., are off now.
Sounds like toy connection guy did what I did with software and tems fuse back in. My "off" light blinks, and doesn't bother me.

Soon I will finally get around to doing the ZPC on my 2006. It seems that there are some different experiences after doing the air bag conversion. I did not remove any fuses or relays and have had no lights come on or flashing except the height control lights that are the same as before the delete. I read someone else had this experience and I believe it was a later 470. The folks having the flashing issues seem to have the earlier 470 vehicles, some don’t specify.

I got the ZPC procedure from a 2005 GX470 service manual that I will follow. It makes no mention of driving the vehicle straight for 10 seconds at 25 mph as Racerman described so that has me bit confused.

Does anyone know if there is in fact a difference between earlier and later models with respect to the ECU?

Okay, I must have been tired. I just noticed Dharma Dude has a 2005 so there goes my weak theory.

I was unable to ZPC, so I went to my lift installer who hooked techstream and did it. No driving necessary, but I did it anyways. My "off" light keeps blinking, that is the only thing, so if you have that OCD, you need to do the pin short solution

Last evening I sucessfully did the ZPC per the 2005 GX manual, using paper clips. I did not have flashing lights before hand and did not afterward, only the green N light on stready. I may pull fuses out just to satisfy my curiosity and see if that results in the blinking.

As for OCD, just trying to consolidate some information in one place to possibly help others not have to hunt for it as much and clear up seemingly conflicting information. After I did the ZPC I was reading a little more in the manual and thought the OFF switch jumper could be a fix for those that had the blinking light. Then I jump on here and read your post. That is the first I have read it posted anywehre, even in other forums. I don’t know if it would work with TEMS out as I believe that kills power to the ECU. I am with others that stated they don’t like blinking lights on the dash, but to each his own.

One last thing. Near as I can tell from reading on 4Runner forums the bit about driving 10 sec 25 mph, seems to be for 5th gen 4Runners.

Last evening I sucessfully did the ZPC per the 2005 GX manual, using paper clips. I did not have flashing lights before hand and did not afterward, only the green N light on stready. I may pull fuses out just to satisfy my curiosity and see if that results in the blinking.

As for OCD, just trying to consolidate some information in one place to possibly help others not have to hunt for it as much and clear up seemingly conflicting information. After I did the ZPC I was reading a little more in the manual and thought the OFF switch jumper could be a fix for those that had the blinking light. Then I jump on here and read your post. That is the first I have read it posted anywehre, even in other forums. I don’t know if it would work with TEMS out as I believe that kills power to the ECU. I am with others that stated they don’t like blinking lights on the dash, but to each his own.

One last thing. Near as I can tell from reading on 4Runner forums the bit about driving 10 sec 25 mph, seems to be for 5th gen 4Runners.

Just for my understanding. You use the paperclip OBD method to do the ZPC, with the TEMS fuse in? And no blinking light?

That is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom