Rust worth the purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everyone,

Looking to buy this goregous 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser but worried about the rust under the vehicle. Worth it to buy and repair/patch or is it a strong pass?

230 K miles
New muffler installed, serpentine belt recently replaced, and 2" lift kit installed
Decently maintenanced over the years per Carfax
Asking $18,900
Massachusetts vehicle that moved to Minnesota and now lives in SoCal.

tempImageTVDxPS.png
tempImageHRpNhg.png
tempImageHPs5LW.png
tempImagepY1ZYd.png
tempImageahhWWa.png

Rear bumper also feels slightly detached. Attached more pics for your viewing pleasure.

tempImageL0XGIk.png

tempImagewEg0Fr.png

You sure the vehicle isn't in Australia? Most of the pics are upside down.

The rust is certainly better than I expected based on the vehicles history. However for the price and your location, you can do better and have fewer headaches.

In one pic you can see the forward most portion of the rocker seam is already rusting through. So I would bet if you looked up her skirt (under rear bumper) it’s cancerous as well.

Pass at that price. The rust isn’t awful but you can get cleaner with a budget of $18k.

If you’re in So Cal I wouldn’t even consider a truck from the Northeast. That rust isn’t terrible, but no need to settle for that (especially for $18k) when you live in the land of rust free vehicles.

What @MountaineerLC said. You're close enough to buy a Land Cruiser in Phoenix (plenty of 100s there), , Las Vegas or LA (even more), I wouldn't even THINK of buying a rusty truck, especially for that price.

I paid $5200 for 272k miles, and similar amount of rust here in the midwest. (Kansas/Missouri)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom