lx470 rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looking at 2004 lx470 several hours from me, price is pretty great honestly. body and interior look clean. I asked for frame pics. I thought it looked okay, except for the first. What do Ya'll think? 250k miles

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

Looks pretty decent to me. Not the greatest pics but at least there's not a bunch of black paint or undercoating hiding things.

Looks pretty decent to me. Not the greatest pics but at least there's not a bunch of black paint or undercoating hiding things.
I think I’m going to get it with the assumption that it needs some frame work. I’ll post if it works out

Literally 9 out of the 10 I looked at in my area of the Mid-Atlantic had the same rust in that rear crossmember with barely any rust elsewhere on the chassis. Have never investigated the cause.

I think I’m going to get it with the assumption that it needs some frame work. I’ll post if it works out

I would't be surprised if you had to do very little rust prep. Actually looks really good.
I too had to go 8 hours drive to find a rust free chassis. Everything affordable was cruchy

image0.jpeg

Rust in crossmember, that a screw driver will poke through easily. Likely fixable. like seen below.

Here's rust cut out, ground down, chisel & POR-15
 Crossmemeber rust hole  LH rear  1st cut (2).JPEG

Crossmemeber rust hole  LH rear  1st cut (7).JPEG
Crossmemeber rust hole  LH rear  2st CLN paint (13).JPEG

Crossmemeber rust hole  LH rear  2st CLN paint (35).JPEG

Literally 9 out of the 10 I looked at in my area of the Mid-Atlantic had the same rust in that rear crossmember with barely any rust elsewhere on the chassis. Have never investigated the cause.
intersesting that it was on the same spot in all of them

Yeah it's a design error. There's a small weep hole at CM to frame weld. It's, to small and clogs with dust. Which then retains moisture in the dust. Most are very fixable. Some just need to be kept clean.

I'd say it looks pretty close to identical, I have chisels, grinder and some por15. I think i'm going to go for it
Well, I backed out. It was/ is a 2004 lx470 in Oklahoma City with 250,000 miles .water pump/timing belt done recently. Interior is clean and I thought the body was also. He was asking $8500 and I have been trying to get there all week; but he is busy at work. He took the ad down and is increasing the price ( good on him). I don’t have time to drive 8 hours round trip to look at a 3d car. I thought it was a good deal at that price. I’ve always wanted a lc. Just gave my gx470 to my son, it just seems like around 250k stuff starts to need replacing on these cars. It’s hard to find a clean one close to me ( west central Arkansas). It’s not a need by any stretch, my 2020 ram 2500 does everything I need, but man diesel is pricey. I miss driving the gx. Maybe I’ll find another gx without driving a lc/lx. I’m afraid if I drive one I won’t be able to get over it

I wound up getting an 08 lx570 with around 230,000 miles for quite a bit more. Exterior is really clean, front and rear bumpers have clear coat peeling. There is some surface rust on the frame rails on the welds , mirrors wobble ( got new bolts ordered), tpms light is on ( got sensors ordered). Driver and passenger seat bottoms need replaced. Added a carplay unit that plugs into aux in and mounts to cd slot. Pretty good for music. Intermittent airbag light on. I really like it over the gx I gave to my son. It’s also a gas pig and I have no reason to have it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom