2004 Lx470 AHC Firestone air bags NOW AIR LIFT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So all good so far. The day prior I changed the AHC fluid and the ride immediately, turned extra smooth.
With the new springs and bags, I do not feel any more of a rigid ride, but again, my ride just got new fluid so it could all be that. Either way, it is floating absolutely fantastic. I expected more "bounce" or "bang" with the King springs. I haven't felt that yet. Its a completely comfortable ride so far.

As for the install on these Air Lifts.
After reading several other peoples posts. I drilled a new hole at the bottom of the spring seat and ended up connecting the old hole to get the hole more centered as many recommended expanding the hole more towards the back of the vehicle. This worked out well and using the cobalt step bit as recommended (with some oil sprayed) made it an easy, clean hole. Some simple files worked great to get it all smooth and then touched it up with some spray paint. It was convenient I had already removed the bump stop bolts to install the previous bags and just had to let them drop out. Since the Air Lifts require no bump stops. Other than that it all seemed exactly the same.

It did seem a lot harder doing the job this time, I am 7 years older and fatter, so that was a wake up call.

Last edited:
Finally got around to checking pressures after King springs. Not only does it ride great, numbers look good!
0C8C4DA2-708F-4FC7-B12C-701AB8A65E02.jpeg

41A666B7-E12B-48F6-8F0E-F7F37F0A284B.jpeg

Well worth the Aussia shipping wait.

Finally got around to checking pressures after King springs. Not only does it ride great, numbers look good!
View attachment 3149488

View attachment 3149489

Well worth the Aussia shipping wait.
Looks nice. Do you know which air lift kit you used (number). I have a lx470 from 2006 (vvti) and want this system. I come from the Netherlands so there are no retailers here and no info about the correct part number.

Airlift 60728 is what I used on my 2004 Lx470.

Looks nice. Do you know which air lift kit you used (number). I have a lx470 from 2006 (vvti) and want this system. I come from the Netherlands so there are no retailers here and no info about the correct part number.
Airlift 60728 is what I used on my 2004 Lx470

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom