2002 LX Need Another Key/Remote (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My cutter indexes off of the tip of the blade .

Awesome! Good to know. Gives me more confidence tomorrow's key cutting will be successful!

Success! Locksmith guy that worked with me was super chill. His automatic machine didn't even have a program for the LX470's, so he did a dry run with, I think, an LS430 program. He said it was tracing the existing key perfectly and was confident that it would dupe. Fresh after the cut, front door lock locked and unlocked. Then tried the ignition, fired right up.

So long story short here, I read numerous posts in search relating to key length details over the model years and it was probably my mistake to assume that blade length had some credible difference in the way the keys behaved. It didn't seem to really matter in the end though. Grab the long blade style and get your key cut by a knowledge smith or do what @Mauser did and buy your own cutter! The locksmith guy says he usually charges around $300 to program the transponder, alarm and cut the key, so I saved a bunch. $26.99 Amazon key + $35 cut. Definitely worth it.

Not sure if you're past this point already, but I went to my Lexus dealer with my VIN and registration and they gave me the key code for my car. I then purchased a key from 1010keys on eBay, sent them the key code and a picture of my current key. They sent me some messages to confirm a few things (they noticed the photo I sent was a valet key and wanted to know if they should cut the new key to have full access) and sent me two new keys that matched exactly and worked perfectly. I'd recommend them.

@BEG, Do you know if the internals of the 1010 key will fit into the YotaMD shell? My truck came with an aftermarket key that I swapped to a YoyaMD case but then I left it in a rental car. I’m looking for a couple replacements. New YotaMD shells are arriving today, still trying to track down internals. I’m currently using an aftermarket with no remote, programmed as a master.

2006LX

@suprarx7nut

@BEG, Do you know if the internals of the 1010 key will fit into the YotaMD shell? My truck came with an aftermarket key that I swapped to a YoyaMD case but then I left it in a rental car. I’m looking for a couple replacements. New YotaMD shells are arriving today, still trying to track down internals. I’m currently using an aftermarket with no remote, programmed as a master.

2006LX

@suprarx7nut
Yes, I bought the key from 1010 and put it in a YMD shell.

2006LX

@suprarx7nut

After thousands of sales I can confirm 100.00% of the remotes fit the YotaMD shell. Aftermarket or OEM. I made a few adjustments early on, but any shell from ~2018 forward should fit anything you can find.

The only potential "gotcha" are the plastic screw blades. If you're shopping for a cheap key as a donor for a YotaMD kit, try to find one with fine threads on the screw (or with a picture showing metal threads on the inside of the front half. Those blades will work best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom