2002 LC With No Key (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Morning all. I’ve been halfheartedly searching for a 100 and found one that looks decent. It’s got a clean title, but no keys.

Most of the threads I’ve found seem to be about reprogramming valet keys to become master keys, using tech steam to make it easier.

Would this require a whole new set of door and ignition locks, along with having the new keys programmed, or will there still be issues with the computer or any immobilizer?

Thanks, Michael.

This thread has a similar discussion and the conclusoin from Mauser, the resident expert is "2002 should be resettable onboard. The only way to find out is to hook up Techstream and check. I have found it is cheaper to buy a copy of Techstream and do it yourself than it is to pay someone. If you can get access to Techstream I can help you with a passcode."

So from my recollection (and I've actually had to do this before) basically you get a key cut by VIN, unlcok car, plug tech stream in reset the ecu/mobilizer (I don't have details here) and then reprogram that new key as a master.

This thread has a similar discussion and the conclusoin from Mauser, the resident expert is "2002 should be resettable onboard. The only way to find out is to hook up Techstream and check. I have found it is cheaper to buy a copy of Techstream and do it yourself than it is to pay someone. If you can get access to Techstream I can help you with a passcode."

So from my recollection (and I've actually had to do this before) basically you get a key cut by VIN, unlcok car, plug tech stream in reset the ecu/mobilizer (I don't have details here) and then reprogram that new key as a master.

This. If you haveTechstream I can help with a passcode. You will need at least one transponder key cut to the ignition switch. I am extremely busy right now, but will help when I can.

Yota used to offer a one time free ecm replacement for situations such as this. Maybe thats already been done to your vin but i would ask.

Or ecm reprogram or something like that. Its documented on mud somewhere.

Thanks all. Especially @Mauser and @smoltz I got better pics of it, and the body isn’t in that great of shape, and the front windows were left down for who knows how long. I’m sure the interior didn’t fare well. I’ll let this one go. Still trying to convince myself I actually want to sell my 80. 😂😂

Thanks all. Especially @Mauser and @smoltz I got better pics of it, and the body isn’t in that great of shape, and the front windows were left down for who knows how long. I’m sure the interior didn’t fare well. I’ll let this one go. Still trying to convince myself I actually want to sell my 80. 😂😂
Pretty sure I saw the ad for the truck you’re talking about. Wise decision to pass.

Aqui?

I have found that this is a confusing topic. Maybe "I am not a smart man" (sic Forest Gump).
Might be nice to have a stickie thingie on this topic....????

FAQ might have been the better nomenclature....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom