200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I want to give a shout-out to @DirtNap. He has updated my database and made it more user friedly.

UPDATE #1: A disgruntled member keeps deleting portions of the database, so I had to remove the editing abilities for everyone. :meh:

For now, just submit your info via a reply to this thread or I.M. me, and I will update it myself.

Update #2: To anyone else who wants their info in the database: I am getting tired of people messaging me their tires, but do no seem to give me anymore info. Look at the database, and make sure you give me EVERYTHING that is listed. I am tired of trying to track down the rest of the info! From now on, if you fail to give the full description, I will ignore your post. No hard feelings, but... Also, if you have the exact same setup as another member that has already been posted, it is a little redundant to have it in the database. i.e. We all know that a 275/70 will fit just fine. I get that the more entries the better, but if the setup is clearly tried and true, its not going to do much good having it in the database. The only reason it would be useful, would be if you actually have rubbing on a setup where another member said he or she had no rubbing. If that is the case, then please me note of it when contacting me, or replying to this thread.

Original Post: I have seen many many threads titled "How big can I go?" and "What tire Size?" "Will it fit?" etc. Instead of trying to sort through everything, I decided to make a google doc to keep track of everything.

I think this will really help those who are trying to pick a tire and wheel for their 200. I included boxes for tire size, wheel size, manufacturer, mods, and general notes about your particular truck.

Maybe this is a stupid idea. Who knows; lets see if it catches on.

I will go ahead and enter info into the spreadsheet as I see it in various discussions. If you see your name on the list already, please do not be offended, and please feel free to update it as you deem necessary--especially if you see a "n/a".

I would also like to add, that if you do have rubbing, please note where the rubbing occurs (in the notes section), as we can make the spreadsheet more specific as we get more info.

:cheers:
Am I missing something? Where is the link to this database? Thanks

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 275/70/18 on stock (powder coated) rims, 2014 LC200. Rubbing at lockout positions and clearly too close to the edges of the wheel wells if left "as is". Doing an OME BP51 2" lift with adjustable UCA's at some point, so it will work for the time being. Spare fits with about .5" left.

Just wanted to add another datapoint as this has to be a common setup.

View attachment 2611676

BTW: is anyone using "wheel locks" (keyed lugs) anymore? I have had them on all of my previous vehicles and they came stock on my 2020 Taco Pro. Just not seeing them sold much anymore, and it seems like it may not be worth it if you park in safe areas and want less hassle for overlanding duties. A thief would have to be pretty determined to get a nearly 3 ton vehicle off its feet to steal its shoes, so at that point, I'm probably going to say you can just have them.

View attachment 2611684
Anyway you could get a measurement like the example I posted below while the wheel is mounted to the truck on level ground/driveway?
I am curious, I have had 275/70r18's in BFG KO2's and they were considerably smaller than advertised, but will probably get the AT3W's in this size when my current AT3W's wear out.

Thank you
IMG_20210119_112524514.jpg

Hi Guys: I would appreciate input about my tire choice. Currently have 285/50r20 Latitudes with factory 20" rims on my 2011. I was given a set of 17" TRD rims and was thinking to put 275/70r17 C-rated All Seasons. 95% of time I'm driving on Detroit's pothole city roads and Michigan highways and will use them year round. Will not trailer with it, have a F350 for that. Have has Michelin LTX in past, like that it is quiet. I was thinking BFG T/A but I heard they are noisy??

Hi Guys: I would appreciate input about my tire choice. Currently have 285/50r20 Latitudes with factory 20" rims on my 2011. I was given a set of 17" TRD rims and was thinking to put 275/70r17 C-rated All Seasons. 95% of time I'm driving on Detroit's pothole city roads and Michigan highways and will use them year round. Will not trailer with it, have a F350 for that. Have has Michelin LTX in past, like that it is quiet. I was thinking BFG T/A but I heard they are noisy??
If you're sticking with an all season, I cannot think of a better choice than the Michelin Defender LTX. Just a superb all around tire, and great in the snow.

If you're sticking with an all season, I cannot think of a better choice than the Michelin Defender LTX. Just a superb all around tire, and great in the snow.
⬆️☝️⬆️

+1 If you can swallow your vanity the LTX is way to go. BFG are not bad the first 20K, then they get a little noisy.

I have been searching through the thread and have been unable to find a specific answer for this.
What brand tire in size 285/65/18 will fit a stock heritage edition with factory wheels without rubbing.
I was looking at the Toyo AT3 285/65/18.

I have been searching through the thread and have been unable to find a specific answer for this.
What brand tire in size 285/65/18 will fit a stock heritage edition with factory wheels without rubbing.
No definitive answer for you but I believe all 285/65/18’s will fit with minimal rubbing, as long as you don’t add wheel spacers. I know BF Goodrich and Michelin fit with no issues although they may run smaller than some.

No issues or modifications needed going from 21 inch on my 2017 LX to Tundra 18 inch wheels and Toyo Open Country AT3 in a 275/70r18. Right at 33 inches. Spare fits fine as well.

Looking at the same setup and interested in the response. Trying to choose between 285/60 and 285/65. Leaning towards the larger but want to ensure they fit with no rubbing.

Ok, I have dug through the data base and searched on here and am bringing myself around to the same question because I'm kinda cheap and only want to buy one set of new tires... I have an OME lift and am wanting to put RWs on to replace the stock wheels - Will a 285/75/17 fit on a 13 LC without the Spidertrax spacers or are they the only way that tire size will fit? I'm not afraid of heating up the plastics to fit them in either way, but am ready to get these bad boys ordered and on! Thanks in advance for putting up with the question...

Ok, I have dug through the data base and searched on here and am bringing myself around to the same question because I'm kinda cheap and only want to buy one set of new tires... I have an OME lift and am wanting to put RWs on to replace the stock wheels - Will a 285/75/17 fit on a 13 LC without the Spidertrax spacers or are they the only way that tire size will fit? I'm not afraid of heating up the plastics to fit them in either way, but am ready to get these bad boys ordered and on! Thanks in advance for putting up with the question...

There is no 100% way to avoid rubbing with 34" on KDSS without relocating it.

Stick to ~33" - 285/70/17 for rubfree experience.

I have been told 285/75/17 does not need KDSS relocation. It’s so conflicting
Agreed, that's why I was trying to get a little more guidance... There's a lot of information both ways.

Agreed, that's why I was trying to get a little more guidance... There's a lot of information both ways.
It's all about whether you want to get that extra half inch in diameter or width, or if you'll settle for 275/70 18 (or equivalent in 17") which you know will fit without issue. Only you know the answer to that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom