200-Series still in your top 3? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have what I want, within my constraints. You see, I’m 6’4” and about 275lbs and I have 3 kids and there aren’t many vehicles we fit in. But If I was guaranteed to fit in the following it might be:

1. Raptor R
2. Audi RS6 Avant, because the MB E63S Estate is not available in the US.
3. Ferrari FF

This would be on my list. Ultimate road cruiser

So glad to see so much love for performance Wagons. My wife gives me so much crap for liking them, I guess it's a good thing that they are all well over $100K new, not owning one keeps me from having to hear about how stupid she thinks the car is on the regular lol.

If we're talking top 3 candidates to replace the 200 for what I use it for, a newer 200 is in the top 3. Negating all the dream cars that aren't that practical or affordable, If I had to replace my aging 200 now it'd be:
1) Transit/Sprinter Crew Van with mild camper van build out (sacrificing pure off road capability for camping comfort and huge gear hauling capability)
2) A newer 200 series (I have a hard time spending for essentially what I already have)
3) Tundra Crew Cab with a mild overland build and a shell. I think a late model 2nd Gen, as the 5.7 Automatic has proven so dang reliable.
Hmmm…#1…that’s a good idea. I would get Airstream 24GT or WB Ekko. That would be nice for a good long distance trip.

So glad to see so much love for performance Wagons. My wife gives me so much crap for liking them, I guess it's a good thing that they are all well over $100K new, not owning one keeps me from having to hear about how stupid she thinks the car is on the regular lol.

That’s the other thing for me too, my wife hates wagons as well. Every time I point one out all I get are eye rolls.

My company car is an Outback (I tell her that’s all they had to offer) but she refuses to ride and drive in it.

I’ve always loved G wagons but the new Escalade V would be my choice. The sound alone is crazy good. Makes the G63 sounds quiet.

I’ve always loved G wagons but the new Escalade V would be my choice. The sound alone is crazy good. Makes the G63 sounds quiet.
For me, i rather get GMC Yukon AT4 over Escalade. I think AT4 looks the best among full-size SUVs.

I’m an avid Tesla fan with several of them in my garage. I speak from experience. You’ll be needing a pack for that S any day now.

Fo reel?

Hmmm…#1…that’s a good idea. I would get Airstream 24GT or WB Ekko. That would be nice for a good long distance trip.
You're a good bit over my budget, but I've rented a High Roof Transit from Penske for work and put some miles on it, and even in work van trim, they're surprisingly comfortable for long distances. The crew van gets you a legit 2nd row of seats including side curtain airbags, and a huge cargo area to do with as you please...
1670437565722.png

For me, i rather get GMC Yukon AT4 over Escalade. I think AT4 looks the best among full-size SUVs.
The AT4 is great looking but as I sit here in the school carpool line, I see three of them. They are everywhere I look. The Escalade V will be a rare sighting and you‘ll hear it coming. However, I’m not buying one but it would be in my top 3 list nonetheless.

Nothing else that fits the same basic principal (SUV with enough power to tow a camper and enough 4x4 prowess to get most of the places I want to go). On paper, I'd think about a new bronco or ranger, but I'd wait a few years and see how they hold up. QC seems pretty bad so far.

If you take towing power out of the equation, my list would look like:
1) 1st gen tacoma or 3rd gen 4runner
2) 60-series (fj60 is my spirit animal, sad to have sold a couple of these :( )
3) 80-series

Now if we're talking about cars, the list is endless.

The 100 series is my Goldilock's Land Cruiser but if @TeCKis300 were to ever consider letting his 200 go I'd have a hard time passing it up.

Other than that, the new BRZ/GR86 has really been tugging at my heart strings.

So far, yes. I've only had my '19 LX for a year, though. I got a good deal on mine, but if I had a choice I would have picked brown instead of beige interior. Obviously the platform is old and gas mileage sucks, so does the infotainment system, but I'm willing to ignore those things for the heritage reliability, functionality, and luxury.

In my opinion, nothing in the market feels like a better combination of price, luxury, reliability, and functionality.

#1 a new 200 that is not that ****ed up like mine
#2 my 200 bc it is manual and diesel and it had cost me only 12k
#3 a Porsche 911 Dakar (*_*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom