200-Series still in your top 3? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

good question. Since you are asking in the winter the LX isn’t in the top 3.

1. Tesla model 3
2. MB e 4matic
3. Subaru legacy (the dog hauling car)

I have a reservation on a cyber truck and Silverado EV, had one on a Rivian but got my $1k back due to large wheels, air, and no max pack for a long time. Also interested in the rebirth of scout as EVs. Scout Motors - https://www.scoutmotors.com/

I’ve also thought about what if something happened to my LX prior to getting a 400-500+ mile EV truck. I’d probably try and find a clean ~8-10 year old LX or possibly power wagon (or even raptor?) if I couldn’t find an LX.

All that said >8 years with Teslas in Alaska and almost no charging infrastructure, don’t think I’ll ever buy another non-EV. But plan on keeping my LX until something catastrophic happens to it.

You mining gold up there or what?

good question. Since you are asking in the winter the LX isn’t in the top 3.

1. Tesla model 3
2. MB e 4matic
3. Subaru legacy (the dog hauling car)

I have a reservation on a cyber truck and Silverado EV, had one on a Rivian but got my $1k back due to large wheels, air, and no max pack for a long time. Also interested in the rebirth of scout as EVs. Scout Motors - https://www.scoutmotors.com/

I’ve also thought about what if something happened to my LX prior to getting a 400-500+ mile EV truck. I’d probably try and find a clean ~8-10 year old LX or possibly power wagon (or even raptor?) if I couldn’t find an LX.

All that said >8 years with Teslas in Alaska and almost no charging infrastructure, don’t think I’ll ever buy another non-EV. But plan on keeping my LX until something catastrophic happens to it.

You and I both have been bitten hard by the EV bug. Outside of personal preference, political, FUD... objectively, nothing touches Tesla's (specifically), for ease of use, features, and performance. Some may interpret that as speculation, but having had multiple EVs for 12 years, it's a very real. If Tesla can offer a model that meets my use case needs, and I really think the CT is just that, nothing will touch it in my mind. I'm hopeful for towing too...the current EV trucks on the market won't do it, but with the semi launch, Tesla has the means to put the right things together.

You and I both have been bitten hard by the EV bug. Outside of personal preference, political, FUD... objectively, nothing touches Tesla's (specifically), for ease of use, features, and performance. Some may interpret that as speculation, but having had multiple EVs for 12 years, it's a very real. If Tesla can offer a model that meets my use case needs, and I really think the CT is just that, nothing will touch it in my mind. I'm hopeful for towing too...the current EV trucks on the market won't do it, but with the semi launch, Tesla has the means to put the right things together.

Yall are the reason im buying one. 10 years on a battery is fine by me and more longevity than anything else in general.

You mining gold up there or what?
Haha. We do prospect (recreationally). Have a suction dredge, slice boxes, pans,…. Get some here and there. The MB is a 2004 we’ve had since new, the Subaru is a 2010 also had since new. These days We sort of but one car every 5-10 years and keep the old one, although now at the stage (well space) where if/when I get an EV truck will probably get rid of the Subaru or MB.

C84BDD06-DC13-4FAF-867D-AC7DCF1329ED.jpeg

Yall are the reason im buying one. 10 years on a battery is fine by me and more longevity than anything else in general.

10 yrs is FUD in my mind. Tesla battery durability has been standout and won't be the short end of the stick to your point. With larger batteries, wear from cycling generally goes down as charging and discharging, aren't as deep.

I don't imagine CT will ever meet the durability standards of a Land Cruiser. But if it can perform in ways that a Land Cruiser won't, and support things like car camping with more room and climate control, I can accept that trade. With ~1000 hp and tq, it may even scratch my sports car itch (still need a lithe sports car for agile fun).

Haha. We do prospect (recreationally). Have a suction dredge, slice boxes, pans,…. Get some here and there. The MB is a 2004 we’ve had since new, the Subaru is a 2010 also had since new. These days We sort of but one car every 5-10 years and keep the old one, although now at the stage (well space) where if/when I get an EV truck will probably get rid of the Subaru or MB.

View attachment 3186699

lol, love it!

Not gonna lie, ive been watching this dude lately

This you? 😂

88FF7F4E-3103-482E-9F35-BBCC503A3EF7.png

Lx570
Challenger
2 door wrangler (basically a street legal side by side)

My model S is 8 years old. It has lost 7%. My model 3 is 4 years old and has lost 2%.

The key is only charge it >90% when absolutely necessary. Unless we are going on a road trip I charge to 70% in the summer and 80% in the winter.
I’m an avid Tesla fan with several of them in my garage. I speak from experience. You’ll be needing a pack for that S any day now.

1. 200 Series
2. GX460
3. RS6 Avant

1. 200 Series - Absolutely LOVE this car - grateful to finally drive one
2. 40 Series - I'd drive it every day if I could - not in LA traffic
3. Tundra - Protected my family in a black ice rollover in 2009 - and I drove it home 250 miles after changing the air filter.
3a - A 300 Series - I can dream, right?

I recently took my 13yo over to the local Toyota dealership when they got a new Supra in, they let him sit in it and start it up - was grateful to the sales guy for setting that up since it's his dream car - when we left, my son asked me what my dream car was and I said your sitting in it - my 2016 200

At work, we get to drive or sit in a lot of VERY expensive/exclusive cars and while I'd like to rent a few for a weekend, there's nothing I'd rather drive than my LC - even if I had the money to buy anything. My parents/friends/wife joke that I've owned more cars and motorcycles than underwear, but keep coming back to the LC's

My wife's Tesla is cool but I HATE, HATE, HATE the fit and finish of that car - the driver side plastic pillar is always pulling off randomly - and I can't stand trying to find the app on the screen for the AC vents - WTF - some things don't need to be changed or put on an app - Keep It Simple Stupid!!!

Last edited:
1. LX570 - I just love the 200 platform and always want one in my life
2. 991.1 Carrera S - can track and use for date night and road trips
3. BMW G80 M3 - I love fast German saloons

working on the second one now may get a BRZ just before that

I'll play along... the three in my stable in no particular order.
  • 2011 Lexus LX 570 - because luxury appointed off road bruiser with a livable 3rd row.
  • 2006 Honda S2000 - because manual gear box, high revving, nimble, roadster.
  • 2006 Volvo V70 R - because hot rod, AWD, manual gearbox station wagon with an orange leather interior.
in unobtaniumland... McLaren F1 - because I totally geek out on the engineering marvel that is the brainchild of Gordon Murray without a budget. And the results are otherworldly.

I’m an avid Tesla fan with several of them in my garage. I speak from experience. You’ll be needing a pack for that S any day now.
I’m fairly active on the tesla forums and have been since 2013. I’m not hearing about battery replacements regularly. On here, there is a ton more about radiators and cam valley leaks.

1. My 200
2. Ram TRX
3. G63

Tricky question.. So many great cars out there. I bought a 200-series 3 months ago. I was really looking for 100-series but couldn't find one I liked. Since we can't have the VDJ79 V8 diesel I would stick with a 200-series.

1. 200 Series
2. 991 Gt3 touring
3. Taycan Sport turismo

If we're talking top 3 candidates to replace the 200 for what I use it for, a newer 200 is in the top 3. Negating all the dream cars that aren't that practical or affordable, If I had to replace my aging 200 now it'd be:
1) Transit/Sprinter Crew Van with mild camper van build out (sacrificing pure off road capability for camping comfort and huge gear hauling capability)
2) A newer 200 series (I have a hard time spending for essentially what I already have)
3) Tundra Crew Cab with a mild overland build and a shell. I think a late model 2nd Gen, as the 5.7 Automatic has proven so dang reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom