200 series picture thread (88 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_8196.jpeg

I've usually had great experiences at Discount Tire, but this is ridiculous.

20230429_134628.jpg

I've usually had great experiences at Discount Tire, but this is ridiculous.

View attachment 3310542

Dont be shy, be an a******. Watch them do every little step.
Its post-covid bro, NO ONE gives a s*** about their work. In the before times, maybe.
But not now, and not at the clown factory that is DT.

20230430_171937.jpg

Shamu and Remora.

What's up with the Astroturf? Playing a round of Putt Putt while out on an adventure?
I put it down under the awning. It's dusty as all get up around here in the summer.

Last weekend's adventure, northwest of Jean, NV:

_RX10475.JPG

_RX10487.JPG

A winze converted to an ore pass with a wood grizzly (?), a raise to the right, and a couple of drifts. One level up from the main ore haulage. Zn and Pb mine. Spent 2 1/2 hours underground and wandered over a mile. A relatively small mine. Not a significant producer, but still interesting.

_RX10476.JPG

The road in. Not too bad, just bumpy with a few moderate class 3 sections.

I have the black HE but also like the white! Would love one for the wife.

View attachment 3311730
2008 just hit 280k. New headlights make all the difference. New fog lights to complete the refresh this summer

Nice color, looking good 👍 👍 200K here and I need some fresh headlight housings as well. I have to polish these twice a year and they are weathered.
20230504_093818.jpg

Straight from Sonora to Baja and the NORRA Mexican 1,000. The big fat bastard is still doing well. Just eating through air filters. I sure wish the 200 had the 80 series airbox. Otherwise all good running a few thousand racecourse miles at a non-race pace unless I forget and get a little excited.

DSC05672.JPG

DSC05558.JPG

DSC05531.JPG

DSC05543.JPG

DSC05363.JPG

We had a killer site in Moab last summer, had the place all to ourselves. Great dinner, awesome views… then the wind came, so much wind. We almost lost our canopy and I think I still have sand in my eyes from the emergency packing. However, it was great while it lasted. Twice now we’ve been shafted for camping in Moab in the summer.

View attachment 3309060

I just found a dry wash off a stem road of Gemini bridges and set up camp. Enforcement of camping special rules with the BLM is always lax.

IMG_3010.jpeg

I put it down under the awning. It's dusty as all get up around here in the summer.
There is a product called helicopter mat, which is awesome for camping in dusty conditions. Dust falls through it, keeping the mat generally clean for you, and the camp area cleaner as a result. My experience has been that even bug dust/flour dust for the most part falls through.

REI sells this one: https://www.rei.com/product/188415/cgear-multimats-original-sand-free-mat

Last edited:
There is a product called helicopter mat, which is awesome for camping in dusty conditions. Dust falls through it, keeping the mat generally clean for you, and the camp area cleaner as a result. My experience has been that even bug dust/flour dust for the most part falls through.

REI sells this one: https://www.rei.com/product/188415/cgear-multimats-original-sand-free-mat
Two of something similar to these came with our South African built Conqueror, they are the coolest things when in the desert… they are a PITA where I live in the south east. Sand and desert stuff is where they shine, anything remotely close to Georgia red clay BAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom