200 series picture thread (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Depending on timing and itinerary: Horseshoe Bend in Page, then over to House Rock Valley Rd from 89A to 89 (optional stop in Jacob Lake for lunch), check out White Pocket, hike Wire Pass slot canyon. Once at 89, head west to Kanab and take the back entrance to Zion. Then you can visit Bryce and take Hwy 12 and 24 to the 70 and into Moab. While on the 12/24, stop in Capitol Reef and visit the orchards in Fruita, UT. You can also take Burr Trail out of Boulder, UT down in to Waterpocket Fold, then north to Fruita, UT.
This is amazing, thank you! There are so many gems in the area, it was kind of hard to nail to down which one's to check out. Really excited about Wire Pass slot canyon in particular. Much appreciated!

Here’s mine - just need ko2s now. Roof rack is off for the time being so I can fit under parking garages.
9B7FF2F2-73FE-4541-9B88-DC8053EE1A56.jpeg

5A5F72A2-17A3-423D-ADB8-BD2ECD9CD159.jpeg

Got the best picture ever from my sales contact this afternoon--they had it prepped and turned around for me so that I could pick it up this evening! Search started late January, found an allocation and order placed for it on 2/2. A few delays due to the TX ice storm, but finally got to take delivery at just over two months. 2021 LC200 HE optioned with the 3rd row--absolutely in love

CVKdg4s.jpg

o6xYi7G.jpg

Start of the Devil's Bridge trailhead in Sedona, AZ. Here for a week as part of a cross country roadtrip with the fami;y- I'd love any tips or suggestions for the area! Next stops are Page,AZ, Zion,UT, and then Moab.
You might check out Great Basin National Park and head back towards CA via hwy 50, depending on how much of a hurry you're in on the return to CA. Certainly more interesting than crossing NV via I-80.

Well--two days and 60ish miles into ownership and it's got some proper tires and a Front Runner rack. I'll make a build thread eventually when I get a few more things done, but for now nothing else major planned until I bite the bullet on a King 2.5 setup. Wanted to try something new over the KO2's so I opted for 275/70R18 Ridge Grapplers--I wanted the extra height of the tire even at the expense of 1/2" of width. I had been running 275/70R17's on my 4Runner and have had no issues with traction yet for what I do so we will see how these work out.

As a side note, Discount Tire gave me $75/tire for $375 total for credits on the stock Dunlops. Was pleasantly surprised about that.

hHNf9z4.jpg

OC0IHlj.jpg

Last edited:
Well--two days and 60ish miles into ownership and it's got some proper tires and a Front Runner rack. I'll make a build thread eventually when I get a few more things done, but for now nothing else major planned until I bite the bullet on a King 2.5 setup. Wanted to try something new over the KO2's so I opted for 275/70R18 Ridge Grapplers--I wanted the extra height of the tire even at the expense of 1/2" of width. I had been running 275/70R17's on my 4Runner and have had no issues with traction yet for what I do so we will see how these work out.

As a side note, Discount Tire gave me $75/tire for $375 total for credits on the stock Dunlops. Was pleasantly surprised about that.

hHNf9z4.jpg

OC0IHlj.jpg
How do you like them so far?

How do you like them so far?

I have not had a chance to really drive it too much with the new tires--only a few miles and none on the highway which is where I really want to hear them. Around town I had a hard time telling the difference in noise between them and the Dunlops, but I also only had about an hours worth of driving listening to the Dunlops anyway.

hHNf9z4.jpg

OC0IHlj.jpg
I wish my DT guy was as cool as your DT guy. With 800 miles on them, he offered me $30/tire for the stock Dunlops. They're still sitting in my garage...

hHNf9z4.jpg

OC0IHlj.jpg

I'll keep an eye out for you in the metroplex!

We did more or less the same route as you in November / December. I'll second @sdnative's suggestion to hit Capitol Reef National Park / Fruita UT. You can easily hit 6 national parks that are along the route you're taking (not even that much out of your way, as long as you plan the roads well):
  • Grand Canyon - south and / or north rim (pics)
  • Zion (pics)
  • Bryce Canyon (pics in same link as Zion above)
  • Capitol Reef (pics)
  • Arches (pics)
  • Canyonlands (pics)
We just opened the Grand Canyon NP east entrance at Desert View yesterday morning (4/8), so you can drive from Page to the park, or from the park up to Page and then Colorado or Utah. This gate had been closed for a year due to Covid and concerns on the Navajo Nation and we are all happy to have this gate open to traffic again.

We just opened the Grand Canyon NP east entrance at Desert View yesterday morning (4/8), so you can drive from Page to the park, or from the park up to Page and then Colorado or Utah. This gate had been closed for a year due to Covid and concerns on the Navajo Nation and we are all happy to have this gate open to traffic again.
So stoked about this. Literally just did this drive. I called the NPS line and the recording said it was still closed but I asked a ranger and he let us know that it was in fact now open. Shaved a good 90 minutes off the drive to Page and beautiful scenery along the way.

Now we’ve got two days in Page before heading to White Pocket and Wire Pass on the way to Zion.

Take your truck to work day here in snowy Denver!View attachment 1377465

Yes, the chrome has been covered in 3m satin black
thanks man. just paid for my 2016 onyx blue yesterday. Take delivery tomorrow, pictures to follow. Blue seems to be a rarer breed, looking around for inspiration pictures. Def going to consider dechroming a little, so thabks for sharing how yours looks. did you consider removing that chrome bar all together, like the HE? wondering how it would look

So stoked about this. Literally just did this drive. I called the NPS line and the recording said it was still closed but I asked a ranger and he let us know that it was in fact now open. Shaved a good 90 minutes off the drive to Page and beautiful scenery along the way.

Now we’ve got two days in Page before heading to White Pocket and Wire Pass on the way to Zion.

I’ll be pulling into Zion on Monday afternoon and staying the night at the Watchman campground. Hopefully I’ll see you around.

thanks man. just paid for my 2016 onyx blue yesterday. Take delivery tomorrow, pictures to follow. Blue seems to be a rarer breed, looking around for inspiration pictures. Def going to consider dechroming a little, so thabks for sharing how yours looks. did you consider removing that chrome bar all together, like the HE? wondering how it would look
Honestly no, mostly because I worried about ghosting since the paint under there wouldn’t be faded at all. A lot of folks end up painting them to color match but that seemed like too much work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom