200 series picture thread (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! Pricey though . . .
Yep, they are definitely that all right. That said, I've got a 400K km old standard one in my work wagon that gets mud & dust through it every day, and it's still going strong. On the diesels, they are a real SOB to get at - its not a job you would want to do regularly.....

Took the 40 wheelin'
20200517_124817.jpg

Yep, they are definitely that all right. That said, I've got a 400K km old standard one in my work wagon that gets mud & dust through it every day, and it's still going strong. On the diesels, they are a real SOB to get at - its not a job you would want to do regularly.....

Thats why I would like to know what is failing inside these things. There isn't much to them and its not like generators to alternators are a new thing.
:hmm:Unless...could it be that they were made by the same person who made all of the starter solenoids and radiators?:hmm:

Perhaps we can continue the alternator discussion at the link instead of this picture thread?

Picture of my all too tame LX to get this back on track.
1590248295456.png

Last edited:
800A0288-3003-48CC-A3CE-C9A9F962C96C.jpeg

1DE7D194-2CA3-4E42-8FA5-AAD8AE877746.jpeg

Escaped the crowded trailheads full of Subaru’s and had this place all to ourselves! Overlanding is the original social distancing.

how are you liking the grabber ATXs? I am running them in 285/65r18 and they have exceeded my expectations. Been great on and off road Over the past 5k. What size and wheel offset are yours?Great looking set up you have there.

Dude, is that your 200? You have one absolutely sick stable of LCs according to your signature! 👏

Love the slicktop, black roof HE!

Thank you! it is an illness.

I was trying to get a better picture angle, someone asked for a shot that shows the roof with Rack removed and the blackout wrap, best I had at the moment!

how are you liking the grabber ATXs? I am running them in 285/65r18 and they have exceeded my expectations. Been great on and off road Over the past 5k. What size and wheel offset are yours?Great looking set up you have there.
I really love them! They do well off road and get rid of dirt/rocks quickly, and they're so quiet and smooth on road and do well in slippery conditions. Better than the Dunlops that came on the 200, and BFG's and Toyo's that I've experienced before. The sidewall and tread design is great too. They've been great for the past year.

I have a 285/70R17 set on 17x8.5 +0 wheels.

I wish it came in a taller but skinny size though, which is leading me to look at the Falken Wildpeak AT3W and Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT in 285/75R17 or the Kenda Klever R/T in 35x10.5R17 as my next tire choice. All 3 of these seem to be in a similar category of being aggressive off road with great road manners, and come in the elusive tall and skinny sizes.

If the Grabber ATX came in those sizes, I would definitely go for it again - it's my favorite A/T on the market currently.

1/2 mile Rubicon OHV trail in one hr.

6597BD34-8DA4-48B1-B5FC-739EBA51B457.png

Hell yeah! Which side did you start from? Been eyeing this trail and want to see how far I could get before it gets too technical and rock crawling. How were the snow levels ?
It was unplanned, we did Bassi Falls earlier that day with friends and end up having lunch at loon lake. There is no snow. I started on Loon lake side and did gatekeeper. Make sure you have a winch, recovery straps, a spotter, full HD armor especially transfer case, shock guards, and rear LCA mount plates. I was on 34s. I did not deflate as I did not have my compressor with me at the time. I could have kept going but we are running out of time. I went yesterday in my 80. I did the loop, starting at Loon Lake and then exited on Wentwerth Springs.

BTW, It gets technical at the gatekeeper.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom