200 series picture thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Artistic rendition of my LX courtesy of my 10 year old daughter.

20581EA1-2808-4BDA-AEE8-CD57144B5A05.jpeg

Finally got my new 200 sorted after 3,300 miles. Last step, completed today, was the installation of the OEM front spacers. I previously added back the factory side steps and went with a set of 285/65/18 Terra Grapplers. I really enjoy this truck. Dealer loaner was a new Taco Limited. Nothing against Tacomas, but I couldn’t wait to get my LC back after driving the Taco for two days. Pics aren’t very good.
6D7D87F4-5C0B-43F4-B9FC-FFC9A778A44E.jpeg
C7DDF75F-154A-4268-BF6A-5450EFA637C6.jpeg
A83FA086-347D-4F1B-BAA2-96FB513E4228.jpeg

The OEM spacers are such a big improvement aesthetically.

Finally got my new 200 sorted after 3,300 miles. Last step, completed today, was the installation of the OEM front spacers. I previously added back the factory side steps and went with a set of 285/65/18 Terra Grapplers. I really enjoy this truck. Dealer loaner was a new Taco Limited. Nothing against Tacomas, but I couldn’t wait to get my LC back after driving the Taco for two days. Pics aren’t very good. View attachment 2242634View attachment 2242632View attachment 2242633
The OEM spacers are such a big improvement aesthetically.

Looks good, nice and level!!

Weekend time with the prerunner LC200!

Put back the 4WD
Put back the 35 inch KM3 tires (massive improvement to ride quality on choppy bumps)

Also did a ECU tune and raised the rev limiter to 6250 RPM, helps allot when climbing steep stuff banging against the rev limiter.

7491E1C4-2537-4D6A-A2F5-33CE5095A718.jpeg

2A86E375-A835-4B8C-8B40-2181B4B3C4DF.jpeg

4E17DD1C-A26F-48ED-8EA4-89BD16902283.jpeg

Also did a ECU tune and raised the rev limiter to 6250 RPM, helps allot when climbing steep stuff banging against the rev limiter.

What are you guys using for ECU tuning? Flashing the ECU? Piggyback?

Awesome truck!

What are you guys using for ECU tuning? Flashing the ECU? Piggyback?

Awesome truck!

ECU Flash, you should defiantly consider it. Not only for performance but the major improvement in fuel economy. OEM Air fuel ratio is 11. something, which is very rich. (Not sure if its different in the states). I leaned it out a bit, 12:8 for performance. If you want maximum fuel economy you could go stoichiometric air fuel ratio, you'l save a ton of gas.

ECU Flash, you should defiantly consider it. Not only for performance but the major improvement in fuel economy. OEM Air fuel ratio is 11. something, which is very rich. (Not sure if its different in the states). I leaned it out a bit, 12:8 for performance. If you want maximum fuel economy you could go stoichiometric air fuel ratio, you'l save a ton of gas.

Awesome to hear there's flash mechanisms on Toyota's! Even more so that you're doing it. Would love to get my hands on the tuning software as I have one for Subi's, Honda's, and Porsches. Nothing beats using OEM hardware (I disliked piggybacks and standalones, as they don't have the integration and reliability of stock hardware).

Yes, OEM A/F is classically very rich on Toyota's. I've seen them even into the 10:1 ratio at full load. Contrasting this with German cars and my Porsche that runs more in the mid 11s A/F.

Part of this feeds into why Toyota's last gen motors including the 5.7L are fuel thirsty. It also feeds into why they can be so reliable as Toyota's tuning is conservative - consciously trading performance and economy for reliability.

Personally, I'm not comfortable going all the way to 12:8 A/F at least for a daily driver. Richer tunes are by nature, inherently safer and cooler running. Protection against detonation and incidental situations and conditions. Or for dynamic situations like tip-in, shifts, or sudden loads, when riding closer to the thresholds steady state may not be good enough.

Unfortunately tuning is much more difficult in the states...

Awesome to hear there's flash mechanisms on Toyota's! Even more so that you're doing it. Would love to get my hands on the tuning software as I have one for Subi's, Honda's, and Porsches. Nothing beats using OEM hardware (I disliked piggybacks and standalones, as they don't have the integration and reliability of stock hardware).

Yes, OEM A/F is classically very rich on Toyota's. I've seen them even into the 10:1 ratio at full load. Contrasting this with German cars and my Porsche that runs more in the mid 11s A/F.

Part of this feeds into why Toyota's last gen motors including the 5.7L are fuel thirsty. It also feeds into why they can be so reliable as Toyota's tuning is conservative - consciously trading performance and economy for reliability.

Personally, I'm not comfortable going all the way to 12:8 A/F at least for a daily driver. Richer tunes are by nature, inherently safer and cooler running. Protection against detonation and incidental situations and conditions. Or for dynamic situations like tip-in, shifts, or sudden loads, when riding closer to the thresholds steady state may not be good enough.

That is 100% correct, richer air fuel is more conservative and provides additional cooling. Reliability.

Unfortunately tuning is much more difficult in the states...

Quiet the opposite in my eyes!, you guys have so many experienced educated tuners and quality equipment, there are tons of tunes and tuners available for the tundra, same engine so you can get the same results from them.

Quiet the opposite in my eyes!, you guys have so many experienced educated tuners and quality equipment, there are tons of tunes and tuners available for the tundra, same engine so you can get the same results from them.
Yes I agree the capability is there, the 200s just haven't gotten enough attention yet. Not a huge 200 market here, but as these vehicles age more, I am sure we will see more options. I am waiting for OVTune to get started on some 200 stuff. They have the best tunes for the tundra IMO.

Hiding out from the zombies.

My wife and I have been camped out on the side of a mountain overlooking the Oregon coast and the Coastal Range for a couple days. Not sure when we’ll go back to Portland...I kinda want to see how long I can stay out here.

The city is so full of anxiety right now. I needed some air

92D8D446-F9EF-44E4-9510-15AA03441768.jpeg

F8449703-711D-4FED-99A8-EF8ACCA25EEC.jpeg

9E3EBF73-CC38-47CD-B24F-16732DEE798F.jpeg

768AD1FE-BBB5-48EF-BD36-6E34A70EAA68.jpeg

Been a few month since mine's been on the road. A cracked MAP filter led to a blown RHS turbo, and that then led to a horrible compression test as a result of dusting/ingress. I started pulling stuff apart myself, but quickly realised that I was going to get out of my depth, both knowledge-wise and tool-wise. So I put it all back together and sent it away on a truck to get handled by professionals. I was going to spend a little extra to get some fun bits installed, but the cost of just getting it back to stock, reliable form has robbed that opportunity for now. I get it back in about 3 weeks - at least my wife is as excited about getting it back as I am for a change - she's been driving my 2H 60 Series for the duration, through a warm summer with no tinting and no A/C. Proper champion effort, but even she will miss the 60 Owner wave's that she's been getting in the old bus.... I at least got to remove the old factory alloy bullbar and replace it with a modified ARB that I rescued from my work 200. Welded in a winch cradle, pick it up on Monday freshly powder primed and colour matched to the factory pearl white. New heavy duty airbox being added as well as a catch-can.
UBOU6591.JPG

IMG_2888.JPG

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_2883.JPG

So what does it measure at its highest point (ground to highest point of roof rack). I'm getting mine in a few weeks and I wonder if it will fit in the garage.

Ok guys - got the 2020 Heritage after waiting 6+ months. Crazy thing is that all the specs on the website show the height dimensions, etc as exactly the same as the regular one and they are NOT. The rear end is 2.5 inches taller than the stock LC and the exact same height at the ‘11 with the OME 2” lift with med springs empty. I have yet to find the part numbers fo the Heritage, but the springs have to be different. I know the rear seats are heavy, but not that heavy.

View attachment 2235554

View attachment 2235555

View attachment 2235556

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom