200 series off road driver training (3 Viewers)

Are you interested in joining a Bill Burke 200 series specific training event in early December?

• Yes, bring it on!

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Sounds fun, but I am not sure I can commit

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • No, I want my Mommy

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please don’t spread misleading information for which the origin is Facebook. Here’s science behind It, and a clear explanation of why that number, and fundamentally, that line of thinking, is flawed.

My previous question is about having empathy for fellow humans and Cruiserheads, and their families, and while there are plenty of 🚨tough guys🚨 (see previous poster), no one will be harmed if simple precautions are taken and we show fellow humans empathy.

cheers y’all.

The origin of my numbers is the CDC. People are capable of making their own decisions. You want to wear a mask? I'll even supply you with some good KN95s. I won't be wearing one, nor do I think indoor classroom training should be off the table. If wearing a mask makes you feel better, your choice.

FYI - just finalizing dates and pricing and should have it all nailed down by the end of the weekend.
Thank you for doing this. Look forward to hearing about your new 200 👀.

Regarding covid concerns, classroom instruction, riding along in others' vehicles, etc., I want everyone to know the only way this event will take place is if covid precautions are in place and followed, especially as it appears cases are on the rise in Colorado as we head into winter. There will be forehead temp checks at the beginning of the day, masks worn when indoors, socially distanced when outdoors, and we will follow whatever the most up to date guidelines are at the time of the event. I know it can be a sensitive topic, but this is Bill's business and livelihood which means we all must abide by the rules to ensure he doesn't face any kind of legal trouble. I did a training with him in July where we all followed the guidelines at the time, and I can assure you all we still had a great time.

We are all living in some strange and stressful times, so we need to give each other some space and grace and not judge those who may have a different view on the covid situation. We all have the same goal which is to enjoy our hobby, learn, and have fun together while being safe and following the guidelines set out by the state/county/city. Thank you all for keeping the conversation on track and not devolving into personal attacks or causing this thread to get deleted 😉

Obviously have to protect Bill's business. Fortunately the state order allows individuals to opt out of the mask mandate based on medical issues. Some have issues that prevent them from breathing properly with a mask. I'm one of those individuals. I'm happy to sit this out if that makes anyone uncomfortable. There aren't any restrictions in regard to allowing others to ride in your vehicle or mask use within your domicile or automobile, so per the order that should be up to the judgement of the individuals.

Regarding covid concerns, classroom instruction, riding along in others' vehicles, etc., I want everyone to know the only way this event will take place is if covid precautions are in place and followed, especially as it appears cases are on the rise in Colorado as we head into winter. There will be forehead temp checks at the beginning of the day, masks worn when indoors, socially distanced when outdoors, and we will follow whatever the most up to date guidelines are at the time of the event. I know it can be a sensitive topic, but this is Bill's business and livelihood which means we all must abide by the rules to ensure he doesn't face any kind of legal trouble. I did a training with him in July where we all followed the guidelines at the time, and I can assure you all we still had a great time.

We are all living in some strange and stressful times, so we need to give each other some space and grace and not judge those who may have a different view on the covid situation. We all have the same goal which is to enjoy our hobby, learn, and have fun together while being safe and following the guidelines set out by the state/county/city. Thank you all for keeping the conversation on track and not devolving into personal attacks or causing this thread to get deleted 😉

Editing my previous post. You are correct, and I agree with you. Thanks for organizing this.

Ok sync'd up with Bill and here are the details:

• The training will be the weekend of Saturday 12/5 and Sunday 12/6
  • Saturday will be a couple of hours of classroom instruction followed by several hours in the field (whatever covid protocols apply at the time will be followed)
  • Sunday may have a little bit of classroom instruction in the morning followed by a long day in the field
  • The group size will be limited to 8 vehicles (not people) to ensure everyone has good access to Bill's instruction
  • We can double up in each vehicle if necessary (i.e., if interest is strong enough) for a total class size of 16 people
  • The 2 people riding in each vehicle should either be of the same household, or those unrelated people will need to sync up in advance to align on covid protocol. This can be a sensitive topic, so the key here is to be open, communicate, be respectful, and come to an mutually agreeable arrangement.
  • The pricing for this course will be equally divided amongst participants, and there is no difference in pricing for drivers or passengers since we are all getting the same experience. If you are a driver and have a passenger, I'd encourage you to let your passenger drive so they get the same experience. This is not required of course, so only do what you're comfortable with.
  • Since we will not be mixing drivers and passengers much this session, the pricing is $300 per vehicle, so if your spouse has been begging to join you, this is your chance! This is for instruction only - it does not include vehicles rentals, accommodations in Grand Junction, food, drinks, etc. This is a one time discounted club/friends/family rate and is an incredible value!

Here is the list of people currently signed up:

1. @FerrisBueller (driver)
  2. @empty80 (driver)
  3. @Bullgump (driver)
  4. @psnyman (driver)
  5. @Hants (driver)
  6. @Trukk (driver)
  7. @Gregtoy144 (beginner driver)
  8. @TheIcemanCometh (driver)

It seems we will have enough people to fill the class, so please reply if you are OK to commit. I will show up on Friday afternoon and camp or hotel depending on how cold it is, and I would encourage everyone else to be in Grand Junction by Friday night as well to ensure you're ready to meet up at 8am on Saturday. The weather will likely be cold, so please be prepared with proper attire including gloves and hats. In addition to driving, we'll do some recovery stuff which entails standing around for long periods of time in the elements, so if that does not sound appealing to you, please keep that in mind.

This was a training Rising Sun did with Bill a couple years ago in the winter, and as you can see, it was cold and wet! The dynamic conditions are actually ideal because you truly don't know what the day will look like, and the recover session may not even be staged 😎 In this pic, you can see how packed both my tires and @use2bn83 80's tires are with mud. I won't tag them unless they want to be tagged, but there are a couple of other 200 guys in this pics besides me and Jackson!

ACtC-3eBMps-GHRJwdsMGr_zdL30yn36PTdu3SwCY7eXLgbWls7oarcfGmlSVQtlZ1MAvPPtdeZw-DE294XMNB3sA6bfTMH4IkLlJK3OVAPSO__sa_Y52OtDwvHGNwrrheji4xteAYD2pPK-sTrZ-amGQZo6Ig=w1174-h880-no

Last edited:
I'm committed! Thanks for setting this up @mcgaskins !

I am committed! Thanks for putting this all together!

Count me in as well. Thanks for putting this together.

I’m in.

I'm waiting on my bumper/winch to come in. Would it be a problem bringing a rig w/o that if I can't get it on in time?

-Chris

I'm waiting on my bumper/winch to come in. Would it be a problem bringing a rig w/o that if I can't get it on in time?

-Chris

No problem at all. When I did this training a couple years ago, I was in a basically stock truck (only had sliders at the time). There will be plenty of winches for demos, so no need to bring one if you don't already have it installed.

I would love to participate and wouldn't hesitate were it another time of year and/or not during a pandemic. The 15hr drive exacerbates these two factors and puts me out for this one but I really want to express interest in a future option for this. It sounds fantastic, nice work @mcgaskins.

I would love to participate and wouldn't hesitate were it another time of year and/or not during a pandemic. The 15hr drive exacerbates these two factors and puts me out for this one but I really want to express interest in a future option for this. It sounds fantastic, nice work @mcgaskins.

No worries at all. I would love to help put together another session next year, so this won't be the last opportunity. Bill gets pretty booked up during the summer, but if we work with him early enough I think we can get something on the calendar.

No problem at all. When I did this training a couple years ago, I was in a basically stock truck (only had sliders at the time). There will be plenty of winches for demos, so no need to bring one if you don't already have it installed.

OK. Please count me in, and advise next steps regarding payment.

Also, if anyone is driving up from the south or east for this event, and needs a place to crash on the way, I'm in Crested Butte, CO. Just let me know. I plan to rollout probably mid-day (ish) on Friday to Grand Junction (about 3 hours from here.)

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom