200 Series Antenna Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where did you have it mounted on your 100?
Maze 076.JPG

Resurrecting this old thread to keep stuff in one place. I didn't find a lot here on antenna mounts.

This is the same one shown in a few posts back. But no pictures or results were posted.

I wanted the hatch type I had on my 100, but the Glass on the Door gets in the way. Fortunately I live close to an HRO. They had a smaller hatch mount that fit. I ran the cable up the glass/rubber seal. I used a drop of GOOP (love the stuff) so the cable would stay in the rubber track. I reused my NMO antenna. When you get one, make sure you match it to the antenna. I have an NMO antenna mount, there is another format, don't recall what it is called

View attachment 1192759 View attachment 1192760 View attachment 1192761
I used this same mount on my 200 in the same spot (But drivers side on mine). It worked well, the sets screws had a habit of rattling loose over time even with blue loctite. I ended up putting red loctite on right before I sold the rig so I can't say if that solved the issue or not. It worked great though and to be far I had a heavy ass Wilson OTR cell booster antenna on there with a 3ft Mast so it had a LOT more torque on it that a little whip antenna. I imagine with a smaller antenna I would have experienced zero issues with it coming loose.

I am now on my second 200 and looking at Cell Booster antenna mounting options again and found this Aerial Bracket to suit LC200 2007+ - https://www.ecvisionsound.com/products/aerial-bracket-for-lc200-2007?variant=32605287743591

Looks like you need a nutsert tool to install but another interesting mounting option and this looks like it would be rock solid.

I am now on my second 200 and looking at Cell Booster antenna mounting options again and found this Aerial Bracket to suit LC200 2007+ - https://www.ecvisionsound.com/products/aerial-bracket-for-lc200-2007?variant=32605287743591

Looks like you need a nutsert tool to install but another interesting mounting option and this looks like it would be rock solid.
I'm looking at cell booster locations and am worried this front mount will interfere with the rebroadcast signal inside.
Strongly considering the mount @Romer listed earlier this the thread.

<edit: but of course I got the Trucker OTR kit, which doesn't come with the NMO antenna that will fit

K412SNMO - Looks like I'll be using a roof/rack mount option. >​

@grinchy Did you ever give that a whirl? Was about to mount my weboost antenna to the roof rack using one of these #43196 - Folding Aerial Bracket | - https://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/products/spares-brackets-components/brackets/aerial-brackets/folding-aerial-bracket_43196 but a rear hatch mount would be optimal in my case. I'd like to avoid having anything taller than the roof rack installed permanently. Although the aerial bracket is only a few inches, but it's still something.

Yeah it is here, but i haven’t had a chance to mount it. Looks like a solid mount, for what that is worth.
I think the next size smaller might allow a little better fitment, this is the length of the mounting location, and with the metal tab that bridges the gap it is going to be a max fit. For this short little antenna the smaller should work fine.
I saw that my rear bumper has an aerial point, I’m 70# likely to use that one, easier cable routing.

Here’s the Comet rs-840 mount in action. I’m going to use it.
Wasn’t able to fit the little metal protector strip it came with for the four underneath tighten pins. It is a tight fit with the curve shape of the hatch. There is a nice clear rubber/plastic shield under the whole mount to protect the topside paint.
I had to cut four inches out of the pinch trim. This trim isn’t doing anything for dust or water on my rig, appears to be ornamental?

The bottom bolt is indexed, so for a second I despaired that it would get to horizontal, but patience prevailed and it squared up. Just had to try a few clockings.

9CF687D9-32CE-4191-B4B4-2CBEEBA1458B.jpeg

31B8B64C-8ED8-4B6C-B2B1-CAAC8A05BF06.jpeg

B861E252-1E8A-4A00-B293-5C26397A40B8.jpeg

9AA6E111-21CF-4CB6-B52D-25E657D26997.jpeg

53226825-6612-46D3-A152-051C9FB79F31.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom