200 Series Antenna Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of a good antenna mount for a 200? I am looking for a mount for a HAM and CB antennas. I am looking for something like this, but for the 200. This is the LabRak mount for the 100. I would use one on each side.

13484393882401941863112.jpeg

Thanks,

Paul

I found that the gap between the fenders and the hood/rear hatch were too tight to get a mount in there. Hopefully, you'll have better luck finding a good mount. I ended up drilling through the roof at the very rear and installing an NMO mount. If you're worried about drilling through the sheet metal, then find out who in your area installs radios in the local cop cars, ambulances, etc. The local Motorola radio dealer/installer did mine.

Resurrecting this old thread to keep stuff in one place. I didn't find a lot here on antenna mounts.

This is the same one shown in a few posts back. But no pictures or results were posted.

I wanted the hatch type I had on my 100, but the Glass on the Door gets in the way. Fortunately I live close to an HRO. They had a smaller hatch mount that fit. I ran the cable up the glass/rubber seal. I used a drop of GOOP (love the stuff) so the cable would stay in the rubber track. I reused my NMO antenna. When you get one, make sure you match it to the antenna. I have an NMO antenna mount, there is another format, don't recall what it is called

DSC00875.jpg
DSC00876.jpg
DSC00877.jpg

When you open the hatch, does the antenna hit the roof?

Also, what antenna are you using?

Can I ask what HAM unit you are using and are you happy with the unit : antenna combo?

Yaesu 7800. The 7900 is the current model. I have run the same radio for 8 years and just moved it from truck to truck. It's a dual band and I wanted a removable face plate. Truth be told for what I use the radio for, I could get away with a 2M. That is all I installed in my 40. I have never had an issue with this radio and would recommend it. I only use the Ham when wheeling. Many of my friends do much more. It's based on whet you would use it for

Resurrecting this old thread to keep stuff in one place. I didn't find a lot here on antenna mounts.

This is the same one shown in a few posts back. But no pictures or results were posted.

I wanted the hatch type I had on my 100, but the Glass on the Door gets in the way. Fortunately I live close to an HRO. They had a smaller hatch mount that fit. I ran the cable up the glass/rubber seal. I used a drop of GOOP (love the stuff) so the cable would stay in the rubber track. I reused my NMO antenna. When you get one, make sure you match it to the antenna. I have an NMO antenna mount, there is another format, don't recall what it is called

View attachment 1192761
Does the same company make the dog crate mount on the driver's side. ;)

Steve

View attachment 1192759 View attachment 1192760 View attachment 1192761

Could you please show how you ran the antenna cable to get into the truck without compromising the weather seal?
Thanks.

Could you please show how you ran the antenna cable to get into the truck without compromising the weather seal?
Thanks.

Ran it along the glass to to top. Over the gap to the main body into the trim and down behind the trim

I know its the same picture as above but that is the only item to work. The weather seal around the door is a non factor for a cable this small

dsc00876-jpg.1192908

After crossing the gap to the main body and into the trim, did you run the cable over the rubber seal or under it?

over. I did not want to pull the seal out. Putting it under the trim there keeps it in place

View attachment 1192759 View attachment 1192760 View attachment 1192761
What kind of mount did you have for your 100 series?

K400CNMO -- NMO Deluxe mount. w/6.5' RG-316 Teflon coax & PL259

Edit - thats what I ran on both the 80 and 100 series. The lip is smaller so I had to change mounts for the 200

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom