200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My contribution to this thread:

GCNzCoGbc_E6tuue7in3J5XgZqmzPnouZUV0620YsRz6krmh19BXv-jdSTKO0STJ1BGtPkwmUQo6psbu_HThg1NVIV9fH9wFybdzb_g0dggj_6myrn50lmxrlFukuSdkOYN7t11C7Im1rsJa4zhZeFdmVBgnbcZgVGlc9RoOIWQM062iJjMpROujumJmnkeH8Nv7-Zyq5Rwheh0Wjqgzdox8YisM_CPp-zKJeeyeTfyO1zudH-l4QgVVk8Lrb0jz_xdt5WZT7w-mOtneoKpSESWxT7ioyS_Ow9rYMBcoQJX4VDKikk6Xs_t5tMMBZcpMpHjSDW1_Gt34PQvuR2fLow9z3oKK1Mc7pBJcHEUnQxZAsam00xURiPN7e5571_LnkIo75MSMAnQmdlWypvNZ8-S1OxHRWli4hY4xedEsOh2LgPZiEfhk4lyQLX3Sh2CkO_hmKHjdkdOIG3FvuBixWRCSKVHbxFqUuv_UdL0LJqcGmcCA0TkRjOZMNuYZ9RJyjXoC48W0-99ZqnsaXGVehYKFDalCrZxOxI_N7O66AZ3w14MWJzdxZcGbHiZCvYK0EMfopg=w2160-h1215

2014 Tundra SR5 Alloys refinished in Rust-Oleum High Performance Wheel Paint Matte Black (248928).

Last edited:
Has anyone solved the center cap issue, other than cutting a hole, for the Tundra platinum 20" wheels on a Cruiser? Found some take-offs super cheap and couldn't pass them up. But that darn grease cap is just a smidge too prominent on the front. Loving the ride of the Bridgestone's compared to my very expensive Michelin's.

Yah, seems like wheel spacers should do the trick - any reason they won't make the center caps fit on all the Tundra wheels?

Wheel spacers won't make it work? Let's see a pic!
I think wheel spacers would work, but I'm not keen on spacing out on relatively short lugs that far. Bigger, heavier tire\rim and increasing force seem risky to me. I'm not an engineer by any means, just looking for a simpler solution like finding out that a set of lexus caps work fine. I pulled the grease cap off and found that the center cap will snap in with about a 1/4 inch clearance from the bearing lock nut. The interior of the grease cap appears to be over a 1/2 inch from the end of the spindle so that would mean using at least 1/2 inch spacers.

I think wheel spacers would work, but I'm not keen on spacing out on relatively short lugs that far. Bigger, heavier tire\rim and increasing force seem risky to me. I'm not an engineer by any means, just looking for a simpler solution like finding out that a set of lexus caps work fine. I pulled the grease cap off and found that the center cap will snap in with about a 1/4 inch clearance from the bearing lock nut. The interior of the grease cap appears to be over a 1/2 inch from the end of the spindle so that would mean using at least 1/2 inch spacers.
To each their own. Personally I wouldn't think twice. I ran 2" spacers for years on my last rig. I checked that they were tight for the first year every chance I got. They never budged.

They are 275/60r20. I wish now that it took so long and I've had time to assemble all necessary pieces for an AHC lift that I had got the 275/65r20s though. I would much rather have the 34" over these 33".

I think your truck looks great and as for the tires - you really went with the right size in my opinion, I saw the 275/60r20 and 275/65r20 side by side and there was little to no difference EXCEPT gas mileage and acceleration loss. I found the 285/65r20 to be right for me but the price inflation makes it a stupid call in retrospect.

Anyway, like I said, your LX looks great.

Actually I'm glad you mentioned it. I took some pics of my current spare 295/70r18 Nitto Trail Grappler against the new 315/70r17 BFG KO2 for reference. Both tires are brand new and never been run. It's hard to tell in pics but the current Nittos are actually a 1/8-1/4" taller than the BFGs and almost exactly the same tread width at 9.5". Crazy the difference in ACTUAL tire sizes between the different manufacturers!

BTW - No issues the the standard 7ft garage door with the Nittos so the "smaller" BFGs shouldn't be a problem :cheers:

View attachment 1190780

View attachment 1190781 View attachment 1190782

I've been patiently waiting .. but Im ready to see these beefy 315's on RW's mounted ALREADY!

I've been patiently waiting .. but Im ready to see these beefy 315's on RW's mounted ALREADY!

Believe me I'm beyond over waiting on these! I got an email on Friday stating that the updated spacers should ship out this week.

You have to understand the OE lugs engage beyond the wheel so no worries on thread engagement.
Hey Bomar, I get the thread engagement now; I was trying to understand transferring the stress out further on to the stud. Read a bit more and realize the majority of the load is carried on the hub lip (vertical stress\weight) and that the stress on the stud is more more side-to-side. Forgive the highly technical terms here (I'm no engineer), but I get now that if the lugs have bite and the center of the wheel is seated on the hub, no worries. thanks for the thought!

To each their own. Personally I wouldn't think twice. I ran 2" spacers for years on my last rig. I checked that they were tight for the first year every chance I got. They never budged.
Hey, I don't have an opinion - I've just got a healthy dose of caution and wanted to look at options. Having destroyed more than my share of front end parts running mags with spacers and big tires on my muscle cars (yes, I had gigantic cragars on my Cuda), my failing memory raised neck hairs when I heard the word "spacer". Hell, if there's a cap from another toyo or a lexus that'll snap in, I figured I might as well ask. This rim\tire set seems to be the most available take-off on fleabay and craigslist right now so there are certainly other 100 owners who will encounter the same obstacle. thanks for the endorsement on spacers for your rig; it's definitely an option for me.

Hey, I don't have an opinion - I've just got a healthy dose of caution and wanted to look at options. Having destroyed more than my share of front end parts running mags with spacers and big tires on my muscle cars (yes, I had gigantic cragars on my Cuda), my failing memory raised neck hairs when I heard the word "spacer". Hell, if there's a cap from another toyo or a lexus that'll snap in, I figured I might as well ask. This rim\tire set seems to be the most available take-off on fleabay and craigslist right now so there are certainly other 100 owners who will encounter the same obstacle. thanks for the endorsement on spacers for your rig; it's definitely an option for me.
Apologies if I came off in a bad way, didn't intend to. I definitely understand the concern with spacers, and I've seen setups on my friends' cars that made me cringe. I agree that ideally we'd have a cap that would just work, and also that spacers aren't a first choice. You hit the mark with that other comment though, I think people misunderstand where the stress is on the hub. Personally, the more lugs I have the better I feel with spacers, but based on others' success here I'm sure they're find on the 100 series, and I'll probably have a set of my own in the future (would like a bit wider track). Also, feel free to have opinions :)

Wheel spacers won't make it work? Let's see a pic!
The rear looks great and the duelers ride extremely wheel\quiet - much more so than I expected. The front grease cap is blocking the plastic fingers from snapping in to the rim - my halfarse measurements put it right at a 1/2 inch needed. 20160215_082712.jpg 20160215_082658.jpg

20160216_092726.jpg

Awesome Hoser! I wasn't bright enough to figure out how much space there was behind the grease cup although i do credit myself with getting a BFH and standing over the wheel for a few minutes. Wife came out and I lost my nerve. I did search the site and hadn't found that one so thanks for the tip! BFH engaged! Will post before and after pics as well as full body view as requested by yotasavg above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom