200 favorite Rock Sliders (3 Viewers)

what are the best rock sliders for the 200?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fwiw, took these shots in the parking garage when arriving at work this morning.

As we’d say back in school, this is a fuzzie not techie response.

Driver’s side, front door. I have plenty of foot purchase to use to get in the rig - or just skip it and sit down without making pant contact. Getting out, the inside of my left pant leg does tend to rub the outside of slider - hard to avoid.

E6A21FF5-7A35-4DB8-86A7-A0C0DE365BFD.jpeg

This next pic is passenger side rear door (car seat was installed behind driver seat causing a funky angle, so went to other side...)

Kiddos (5, 3, and 1) have plenty of foot purchase to get up and in. The black metal will get super hot in the AZ sun tho; my only concern. Filler was worth every penny for the kiddos little legs.

5’4” petite and somewhat frail grandma will be out for Thanksgiving. Will be interesting to see how she does w the sliders. Stock running boards required a little effort on her part given the lift, but she managed ok.

252ABD97-09CE-490B-9886-DC77E4FED1C7.jpeg

And here is another angle with the doors closed. I feel like there’s plenty of surface area to step on. Great for accessing the roof.

Parking stalls are tight in the garage, btw. Whoever parks next to me will likely lose the door ding battle.

9341F35B-2D83-4BA5-9A61-BD7EFEC33475.jpeg

The comment about these feeling like stepping on the hull of a battleship was pretty spot on, btw.

Last edited:
Fwiw, took these shots in the parking garage when arriving at work this morning.

As we’d say back in school, this is a fuzzie not techie response.

Driver’s side, front door. I have plenty of foot purchase to use to get in the rig - or just skip it and sit down without making pant contact. Getting out, the inside of my left pant leg does tend to rub the outside of slider - hard to avoid.

View attachment 2120054

This next pic is passenger side rear door (car seat was installed behind driver seat causing a funky angle, so went to other side...)

Kiddos (5, 3, and 1) have plenty of foot purchase to get up and in. The black metal will get super hot in the AZ sun tho; my only concern. Filler was worth every penny for the kiddos little legs.

5’4” petite and somewhat frail grandma will be out for Thanksgiving. Will be interesting to see how she does w the sliders. Stock running boards required a little effort on her part given the lift, but she managed ok.

View attachment 2120055

And here is another angle with the doors closed. I feel like there’s plenty of surface area to step on. Great for accessing the roof.

Parking stalls are tight in the garage, btw. Whoever parks next to me will likely lose the door ding battle.

View attachment 2120056

The comment about these feeling like stepping on the hull of a battleship was pretty spot on, btw.
This was my G'ma solution. worked ok, still had trouble getting from the sliders up onto the seat.

IMG_8159.JPG

ARB Summit sliders:

785BFADB-44F5-4053-AA15-BB8B4BB4D6DE.jpeg

74DF4D54-4C1B-4C97-B173-73BF9F00D72A.jpeg

My 41st vote puts Slee in the lead. 😎

Was going to vote, but we need to get another option in there @DPA200 .

Slee now has 2 types of sliders
1) Tube sliderteps
2) Formed AHC slidersteps (which I believe fit the LC just fine)

My vote would be for the formed slidersteps if I were to get one. Closest to OEM look. Lighter end of the spectrum.

I think that for LX...you have Slee formed sheetmetal LX step/slider and the new (but uber expensive) MetalTech LX slider.

For LC, i think that there are better/stronger options than those two mentioned LX sliders.

I have them and like them a lot. Haven’t had a chance to really use them yet.
Do you have pics you could share? I’d like to see a finished set, assuming yours are painted...

I think that for LX...you have Slee formed sheetmetal LX step/slider and the new (but uber expensive) MetalTech LX slider.

For LC, i think that there are better/stronger options than those two mentioned LX sliders.

The just-released Metal-tech 4x4 LX sliders are only $100 more per side compared to the Slee steps once you include all the optional parts not included with Slee's products that come standard with the MT4x4 offering. Not sure that $200 more in total qualifies for uber expensive. Metal-tech 4x4 made the first formed main body slider back in 2003 for the FZJ80, its the same rail we use on our current 200, 5th Gen 4R, and GX460 series offerings. Very familiar with formed body sliders.

Cristo always makes a great product and I have full respect for what he builds. The new Metal-tech 4x4 LX slider with the industry-leading new three-part bolt together box structure mounting system, are just two different animals. In designing the new LX slider we focused on making the strongest slider possible that works with the AHC system in place, and we accomplished this. This is why the lower rock guard is not an add on but an integral part of the overall structure, every ounce of steel is put to protection and structure. Cost is always a consideration but was not a consideration over performance.

570_Sliders_Pic_5__95135.1592411977.1280.1280.jpg

If we could get the same strength with a simpler traditional basic bracket and leg mounting system, thus lower cost we would have gone that route. But all of our testing using small mounting feet that fit around the AHC system to the frame for a 7000lbs built LX570 resulted in the main body flexing upward at a non-acceptable amount. Very difficult to get enough "purchase" (grip) on the frame with small mounts, thus slider body deflection (flexing upward) when engaged or used as a lifting point. Especially at the leading and trailing ends of the slider body. This is why we added a 5th leg at the rear that picks off the rear suspension mount to put as much support to the back as we could.

Rear 5th mount picking off suspension point w/ frame brace behind it.
IMG_1509.jpg

The primary frame plate with three 1/4" steel mounting blades and one (the front) 1/2" steel mounting blades. (Can also see the rear 5th blade that is independent to the suspension mount) The amount of "purchase" to the frame is almost the entire side of the rocker and under the frame. With no attempt to use the lower hanging transmission cross mount as part of the mounting system, with the goal to keep things as tight to the truck as possible.

IMG_1506.jpg

In the end, we have bolt-on sliders that support the weight of the truck for light, med, hard use that can also be lifting points. Of course, rear kicks out to help push the truck away from obstacles as well. Steps? Yes, they work as steps too, why we have a dimple die fill plate in the rear and rails that are tight to the front part of the main bodies, but that is fit and finish for the user performance. #1 these are built sliders.
IMG_1186.jpg

The just-released Metal-tech 4x4 LX sliders are only $100 more per side compared to the Slee steps once you include all the optional parts not included with Slee's products that come standard with the MT4x4 offering. Not sure that $200 more in total qualifies for uber expensive. Metal-tech 4x4 made the first formed main body slider back in 2003 for the FZJ80, its the same rail we use on our current 200, 5th Gen 4R, and GX460 series offerings. Very familiar with formed body sliders.

Cristo always makes a great product and I have full respect for what he builds. The new Metal-tech 4x4 LX slider with the industry-leading new three-part bolt together box structure mounting system, are just two different animals. In designing the new LX slider we focused on making the strongest slider possible that works with the AHC system in place, and we accomplished this. This is why the lower rock guard is not an add on but an integral part of the overall structure, every ounce of steel is put to protection and structure. Cost is always a consideration but was not a consideration over performance.

View attachment 2348192

If we could get the same strength with a simpler traditional basic bracket and leg mounting system, thus lower cost we would have gone that route. But all of our testing using small mounting feet that fit around the AHC system to the frame for a 7000lbs built LX570 resulted in the main body flexing upward at a non-acceptable amount. Very difficult to get enough "purchase" (grip) on the frame with small mounts, thus slider body deflection (flexing upward) when engaged or used as a lifting point. Especially at the leading and trailing ends of the slider body. This is why we added a 5th leg at the rear that picks off the rear suspension mount to put as much support to the back as we could.

Rear 5th mount picking off suspension point w/ frame brace behind it.
View attachment 2348204

The primary frame plate with three 1/4" steel mounting blades and one (the front) 1/2" steel mounting blades. (Can also see the rear 5th blade that is independent to the suspension mount) The amount of "purchase" to the frame is almost the entire side of the rocker and under the frame. With no attempt to use the lower hanging transmission cross mount as part of the mounting system, with the goal to keep things as tight to the truck as possible.

View attachment 2348214

In the end, we have bolt-on sliders that support the weight of the truck for light, med, hard use that can also be lifting points. Of course, rear kicks out to help push the truck away from obstacles as well. Steps? Yes, they work as steps too, why we have a dimple die fill plate in the rear and rails that are tight to the front part of the main bodies, but that is fit and finish for the user performance. #1 these are built sliders.
View attachment 2348236
Just installed mine over the weekend. Happy to have been able to get one of the first sets! It’ll be interesting to see if the introduction of your sliders changes this poll.

Will the MetalTech's work on a 2020 Heritage edition LC? Website says 2008-2018. Anyone with pictures on a 2020?

Nothing has changed from 2018 to 2020 in terms of frame holes that i know of.

I have never used MetalTech, and not sure this will help, but...

I moved a set of Trail Tailor sliders from a 2017 to a 2020 HE and didn't notice any difference in frame hole locations.

Will the MetalTech's work on a 2020 Heritage edition LC? Website says 2008-2018. Anyone with pictures on a 2020?
Almost certainly. Suggest giving them a call To confirm.

Last week I got my hands on a 2021 (I was kinda surprised myself, I didn't think they were out yet) and it's the same as always. No changes, so everything will continue to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom