2 Little Piggies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the reply. I think I followed it. How did you anchor the three 3" wide runners to hold the contour of the roof?

Thanks for the reply. I think I followed it. How did you anchor the three 3" wide runners to hold the contour of the roof?
Sorry for the very very late reply, been home schooling 3 teens that just finished so i can start my playing again.

I only inserted the 3’ wide strips as temporary supports so not really attached. I made a bending form out of plywood. I took my router jig and made 3 circles 28” in diameter, screwed them together. Then wrapped the 1/8”x3” wide strips around it. Basically made leaf springs that i slipped in place to provide a spring force upward. I will go snap a picture. I havent taken them out since I haven’t done any new work lately.

i sized them to slip in the inner lip along the edge on both sides.

EFC91CEB-743E-47A0-9E65-4918B56575F4.jpeg

B017877E-4D1B-41AB-8BA9-14970174B109.jpeg

While I’ve been sitting idle on my 73’ build i ordered some upgrades that I’m going to fold in over the next year. I picked up some 95’ 80 series axles and a 93’ Chevy Nv4500 tranny with the Extra low 1st gear.
Time to hit up Advance Adapters for the tranny and learn 3 link front and 4 link Rear calculations

2B12329F-493E-4037-8369-BCC431F1F05D.jpeg

Very nice work! I also mostly finished my sunroof repair. I’m happy with it. I’m sure yours will look real nice. Please send a few pics of the top of the roof as you have opportunity. Thnx.

I also found an NV4500 from a ‘92 Chevy 4x4 on CL about a month ago. A few boys of mine and I took an afternoon trip to northern KY and bought it. We’ve cleaned the outside real nice, but haven’t opened it up yet. What engine are you planning to mate to your 5 speed?
Cheers!

I picked up a 1998 5.7 Vortec builder a couple weeks ago. I debated back and forth over the 5.3 Chevy and the older 5.7 Vortec for a while. Finally settled on the 5.7 and plan to run Edelbrock pro flow 4 fuel injection. The newer Chevy platforms have really impressive performance and have a solid aftermarket following, but I went with the older Vortec for simplicity based on my inability to trouble shoot newer ECU’s. The after market fuel injection systems called to me with the easy plug and play (Advertised) and comes with everything to tune yourself. Taking it to a shop or mailing my computer around sounded frustrating, so I hope to Avoid all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom