Test Fit Pig for 2F Header? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
We have been working on a refresh of the Downey Off-Road/Mark's header:

FJ40 Mark/Downey Header - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj40-mark-downey-header.1267016/page-5#post-14440452

I work w/ Mssrs @gonzopancho and @S14B23Racer . In our non-existent spare time we have been trying to finalize the design for this 6-2-1 header for the 2F.

We are close. Right now we have a 40 at the manufacturing facility for test fitting. We are finishing a test fit on a 60 momentarily. I know some of you have probably already heard from @S14B23Racer about trying one of our prototypes for a test fit.

If anyone has a 2F Pig and would be willing to test fit one of our prototypes in your Pig, drop me a PM. Ideally we are looking for a mostly stock Pig: 2F w/ factory intake, manual steering box on factory mount, and most of the belt-driven accessories still in place. I don't think these headers ever cleared a PTO to the front.

Thanks all! We are looking forward to having a header for 2F 55/40/60s soon!

Wow dude! That is awesome 👏🏼 👍🏼👍🏼
Thanks man!

What started out as simply bringing the product back to market has morphed into a pretty significant re-work.

My belief is that this will install and fit very well.

It should take care of the dreaded exhaust leaks at the intake/exhaust junction.

And being made in stainless it should be the last header you ever need for your 2F.

Hopefully we can verify Pig fitment and get this product out!!!

FJ40 Mark/Downey Header - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj40-mark-downey-header.1267016/page-5#post-14440452

I work w/ Mssrs @gonzopancho and @S14B23Racer . In our non-existent spare time we have been trying to finalize the design for this 6-2-1 header for the 2F.

We are close. Right now we have a 40 at the manufacturing facility for test fitting. We are finishing a test fit on a 60 momentarily. I know some of you have probably already heard from @S14B23Racer about trying one of our prototypes for a test fit.

If anyone has a 2F Pig and would be willing to test fit one of our prototypes in your Pig, drop me a PM. Ideally we are looking for a mostly stock Pig: 2F w/ factory intake, manual steering box on factory mount, and most of the belt-driven accessories still in place. I don't think these headers ever cleared a PTO to the front.

To add something to what @PabloCruise wrote above:

We do not need anyone to separate their factory intake from their exhaust manifold.

We've confirmed fit with various 2F intakes already. We just need to check clearances for the rest of the FJ55 engine compartment. We're looking at the factory steering, frame, engine / trans mounts, stock coolers, linkages or lines that might get in the way, and any belt driven accessories that might interfere.

And @pablobruise is correct, the Downey / Mark's header wasn't sold for PTO equipped trucks. We don't expect ours to clear a PTO shaft either. I don't know of a header design that does.

I've read that back in the day someone modified their shift linkage to get the column shift / "3 on the tree" to work with a Downey/Mark's header. I don't know that it worked well. You're on your own there. We won't be including that in our fitment spec.

What grade stainless? Does flange thickness match intake? Any pics? 😉😘
Hi bobm,

Thanks for checking in! Would you by any chance be able assist us with your "orange" or "blue" piggies?

I would like to encourage you to jump over to our header thread to catch up on photos and all the design details to date. There is a lot of information over there.

There is a great photo of our latest tack welded prototype about halfway down page 13.
FJ40 Mark/Downey Header - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj40-mark-downey-header.1267016/page-13

Please will you do me a favor and post product specific questions in that header thread? I promise I'll answer what I can in detail. That way everyone following will see it too.

Thanks!

2 questions???
Hey @bobm. No worries. Happy to answer.
I was merely trying to avoid setting a precedent in @PabloCruise 's thread. Plus there is a lot to see in the big header thread that I'm sure you'll appreciate.

1. 100% Stainless construction. 304 and 316 components used.
2. We have a very good flange match in our testing. Of course, "your mileage may vary" a bit due to Toyota casting tolerances and whether the factory manifold set has previously been machined.

I told @gonzopancho I didn't have one to test, but was at my storage and forgot I have a fully smogged 78 I could test it with. PM me, or get my number from Jim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom