1PZ seized (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
Anybody else had issues with a 1PZ seizing? I have a lead on a '70 series with the 1PZ that needs an "overhaul". What I have been able to gather is that the engine is seized. He says it will start though but the problems are oil related.

Any ideas of what this might be? The 1PZ is not an engine I'm familiar with.

Anybody else had issues with a 1PZ seizing? I have a lead on a '70 series with the 1PZ that needs an "overhaul". What I have been able to gather is that the engine is seized. He says it will start though but the problems are oil related.

Any ideas of what this might be? The 1PZ is not an engine I'm familiar with.

As far as I know it is very similar to the 1HZ, with a cylinder less. Wayne knows about these engines and I think he likes them.
If it is seized, it can't start. Probably you need to look at it for a better definition of 'seized'.
cheers,
J

I believe these have a bottom end bearing issue.

I'm simply relaying what the present owner says. The truck is a '93 PZ70 which I could get for about $2500 or less "as is". I'm trying to decide if it is worth it.

I'm simply relaying what the present owner says. The truck is a '93 PZ70 which I could get for about $2500 or less "as is". I'm trying to decide if it is worth it.

If it has a good complete body ,the price of $2500 is not too bad.

All though they are less susceptable to BEB failure,they do have the same bearings as the 1HD T and 1HZ.

Low oil pressure cut off would cause "seizing" after starting . . .

Causes of that could be a number of things from minor to major on the repair scale.

check oil level

the BEB problem is not as pronounced as the HDT but i would change them out. while you are in there you will see if there is any scoring, delaminating etc.

they are a tough engine, i have been "testing" a couple for endurance of abuse.

Is there a low oil cutout on the 1PZ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom