1HZ/1PZ to H42 gearbox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ragnaroek

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm hoping to find some advice over here, since the limited supply of Toyota diesel engines in the US made people build some things us Euros or the guys from down under never even tried to do. 🙃

First: My parents own a FJ40 that was converted to a 2H engine with (i think) H42 by a PO many, many years ago. A few years later, the engine was robbed out of the car to repower a really tired HJ45.

Second: I have a 1PZ engine sitting in my shed, as well as a 1HZ.

Third: The Idea came up to take one of those engines (preferably the 1PZ, since nobody wants to have them in a full size troopy or wagon) and shove it where the 2H used to live, preferably without touching the gearbox/transfer case to minimize the amount of time and money spent.

Fourth: It would take about one or two whole weekends to dig the engines and car out and bring them to the same property, a lot more time than i would like to Invest to find out if there is a possible bellhousing/clutch combo to fit the 1PZ to a H42. And that's where you guys come in to play. Did anyone try something similiar and can tell me something about it?

Last edited:
Its all about the input shaft length and the spline count and Im pretty sure your H42 will not bolt up to the 1PZ without another input shaft. The 1PZ usually has a R151 behind it and most of them have the 2 piece flywheel.

Its all about the input shaft length and the spline count and Im pretty sure your H42 will not bolt up to the 1PZ without another input shaft. The 1PZ usually has a R151 behind it and most of them have the 2 piece flywheel.
I thought the 1PZ from say a PZJ73 would run the H55 box same as the HZJ75

Last edited:
I thought the 1PZ from say a PZJ73 would run the H55 box same as the HZJ75

I think in some markets, the PZ had the H55F, but most had the R151. But you were talking about using the H42.

Quick Update: I managed to find somebody near my hometown who successfully put a 1PZ infront of a H41 using a 1HZ to H55 bellhousing and input shaft. So it shouldn't be impossible after all.

Thanks to y'all for your replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom