1KZ-TE 4Runner (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOL!!
ummm, say you are right (and there are 5 different part nubmers for the head gasket) how does this have anything to do with curing the cracking of the head?

answer:
nothing.

he was making a statement that instead of doing the math and getting the proper gasket he just stuck the thickest one in to play it safe... that i understand completely.

you are confusing two different issues, (easy enough to do and not meant as an insult to you or the tech.)

You might be right, and thanks, I don't :)

Im no mechanic, so I can't say what is what. But I think I migkt have heard about something similar though... Years back... Something aboutt he pistons just grazing (if that's the word) the head, and something about it getting criminal as the parts heat up, thus causing damage...
But it might be something I dreamt that I heard...;)

As I said, I'm no mechanic - but neither are most of the mechanics I've met! Almost all are just "replacers of parts"...

Let's leave the explanation at that and go back to what the OP asked...!

OP: You could call uot here and see if you could find someone who has something with a 1KZ in it. Real experience might be the best way to determine what you want?

I think there's a few diesel conversions that would'nt have been made, or donor engines not being used, had the owners actually driven a similar vehicle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom