1FZ-FE Inside the frame Y-pipe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woulda been interested if I weren't getting a turbo downpipe. Nice idea :)

What would the cost difference be between stainless and aluminized steel?

Can you make this happen in the next 3 months? Mine has developed leaks and the heat shields rattle at times so I’m looking to go through the exhaust system before our next big trip in late summer.

I’m not sure on pricing yet for either. I just found a gentleman willing to loan us his cruiser so we can build a jig and after that I’ll have a better idea.

Yes it might make that time frame.

How about heat transfer into the cab? Does your trans tunnel get hotter when you are crawling than it did before since there are no heat shields in that area. This could be rather important to anyone riding shotgun all day on the trail.

With the clogged cats gone, I think the heat transfer is less than before. I haven’t noticed anything get hot nor has any of my passengers.

The more I think about it, stainless might be the way to go.

Last edited:
I am looking to do this to my 80. I need to remove rockers do to rust and wheeling...will replace with "rockers/sliders" and need to attach to frame rail where 1st cat is. I already routed over the frame but need the room. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I am also trying to track down a 105 series down pipe. Thanks

the exhaust guy I use didn't seem real comfortable with fabricating. May need to find another fabricator. Anyone know a good fabricator in Upstate NY?

Thanks for info.

The only issue is where to install a CAT.. no real room next to the front drive line. So my project is on hold as I sort out some other stuff...

These guys will add a cat:

I’m looking to route the exhaust inside the frame too. Ditched the EGR. Headers presently but they’re junk. These headers are stainless so they’ll last. $$$$ though.

thanks for part # and info. I have my exhaust routed above the frame with 2nd cat where the muffler was. I think there is room for 2 cats. Will go out and take some measurements and post. I'm using an universal cat from Summit with no codes thrown. Do you want to sell that down pipe? I'll figure it out and let you know how to proceed. Anyone have luck running just 1 cat? Thanks

I went out and took some measurements. The universal cat used is 13" long. it looks like the max length from back of dynamic dampener to bracket that held muffler is ~35". I think there is amble room to get 2 cats and get the bend over the axle. Looks like wiring harness for O2 sensors and rear heater lines will have to move. The O2 harness would need to be extended for new location. My rear heater lines (metal) are rusted so I would take out and not replace.....never really use.

Cruzilla do you have the contact info on that pipe?

Thanks

I went out and took some measurements. The universal cat used is 13" long. it looks like the max length from back of dynamic dampener to bracket that held muffler is ~35". I think there is amble room to get 2 cats and get the bend over the axle. Looks like wiring harness for O2 sensors and rear heater lines will have to move. The O2 harness would need to be extended for new location. My rear heater lines (metal) are rusted so I would take out and not replace.....never really use.

Cruzilla do you have the contact info on that pipe?

Thanks

My post has a link in it. its currently cheaper now then when I bought it.

Thanks Cruzilla. Apparently i didn't follow proper forum procedure and started another thread. My apologies. I think i will make an attempt to bring inside frame. With 2 cats.....should have enough room. I'll follow up once i get ball rollin. Thanks again for your input and help.

Im interested in a downpipe that would be inside the frame. I crushed and ripped mine up on rocks. Already had the cats removed, but that didn't help for long. Whats the status on this?
Price and eta?
Id rather not do it myself.
I currently have a 1" body lift if that helps, and wouldn't mind removing the big block off the side of the tcase that takes up all the room..

I had the 105 series downpipe ordered from UAE but they cancled the order. Told me it was cost prohibitive to ship to USA. The pipe will fit inside the frame.....just need someone to fabricate the pipe. I think the pipe will fit without removing dynamic dampener. I'm almost certain the rear heater lines will need to be cut out to snake pipe thru. I've been emailing an exhaust place in Australia....they sell headers that keep the pipe inside rail but i don't want to go with headers. We need a source for 105 pipe. I'm trying to use friends address in Jordan to have pipe (from UAE) sent to. He would then send to me.

I had the 105 series downpipe ordered from UAE but they cancled the order. Told me it was cost prohibitive to ship to USA. The pipe will fit inside the frame.....just need someone to fabricate the pipe. I think the pipe will fit without removing dynamic dampener. I'm almost certain the rear heater lines will need to be cut out to snake pipe thru. I've been emailing an exhaust place in Australia....they sell headers that keep the pipe inside rail but i don't want to go with headers. We need a source for 105 pipe. I'm trying to use friends address in Jordan to have pipe (from UAE) sent to. He would then send to me.

I can get you one if you need and I live by the Ashokan Reservoir.... Let me know.

Damn...you just made my day. I live in New Paltz.....are you able to get 105 pipe? Kind of new to forum protocol so how can i contact you to discuss further. 10,000 thanks

Damn...you just made my day. I live in New Paltz.....are you able to get 105 pipe? Kind of new to forum protocol so how can i contact you to discuss further. 10,000 thanks

I will send you a message on MUD. You will see a notification in your top right corner of the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom