1FZ-FE Inside the frame Y-pipe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just trying to gauge how many people would be interested in a y pipe that bolts to the factory manifolds and pushes the exhaust inside the frame like I have? What material would you want it built out of? Ceramic coated or shipped raw? Thinking of doing a small production run! You would need to finish the exhaust however you see fit once it’s inside the frame.

2C13FAA6-D2CC-45B6-9F7F-901F217DF57E.jpeg

B282A7EB-60D2-4F52-BBD2-7CA4052A9BAD.jpeg

How do I benefit?

How do I benefit?

I have a 93 and have deleted all the emissions from it (including the cats) and with the exhaust inside the frame rail you can buy generic sliders and mount them much more easily to frame without having to build a skid or anything around them. I know this part of exhaust configuration is not for everyone I’ve just had enough people over time show interest in it that I thought I’d actually take it a little more serious.

What’s the price?

I would've been interested a couple months back, now i've spent the money to have mine redone over the frame and i imagine it'll never need replacing.

What’s the price?

Working on that now. I’ve also posted on Instagram and gotten a lot of feedback on there and the general consensus seems to be aluminized and shipped raw to keep the cost down. So I will work up materials, build time etc.

I would've been interested a couple months back, now i've spent the money to have mine redone over the frame and i imagine it'll never need replacing.

Bummer! You never know though and there still seems to be plenty of people interested.

Bummer! You never know though and there still seems to be plenty of people interested.

I hope it works out for you, can you post a photo of these near your upper link mount? I know on my 3 link this might occupy the same space inside the framerail.

I have a 93 and now live where I am free to “upgrade” my exhaust system so my interest is there but dependent on cost vs benefit.

I hope it works out for you, can you post a photo of these near your upper link mount? I know on my 3 link this might occupy the same space inside the framerail.

It’s a little blurry. I need to get a better picture next time it’s on the rack. But we got it to clear just fine and the stock style radius arm Cruisers should have an even easier time

82240C39-568B-4170-BF0B-90312B712AEA.jpeg

I have a 93 and now live where I am free to “upgrade” my exhaust system so my interest is there but dependent on cost vs benefit.

I can understand that. The 1FZ Cruisers are 25 years old at most right now and I’m sure most of them are due for an exhaust. I see people posting what seems like everyday about it. Also with it tucked in the frame rail your tire wont be kicking stuff all over the y pipe anymore.

I replaced my muffler only to get rid of the infamous whistle but the entire system is still solid. It came from Hermiston, OR where it rains like 8” a year. But anyway, I’m always ready to dump more money into my 80. The struggle is real gentlemen.

Just found a guy willing to let me use his stock cruiser to make sure they fit. Making progress!

What would the cost difference be between stainless and aluminized steel?

Can you make this happen in the next 3 months? Mine has developed leaks and the heat shields rattle at times so I’m looking to go through the exhaust system before our next big trip in late summer.

How about heat transfer into the cab? Does your trans tunnel get hotter when you are crawling than it did before since there are no heat shields in that area. This could be rather important to anyone riding shotgun all day on the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom