1F and 2f High Flow Water Pumps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As I am digging into my cooling system maintenance and replacement of parts, I was thinking about updating to a high flow water pump. Has anyone found a high flow water pump out there? I searched for last 3 days and could not find one.

Here are a few pictures of the Flow Kooler water pump that I recently replaced on my 5.7 vortec. Its design pumps a lot more water than the stock one and keeps the engine cooler... I'd buy one from Floow Kooler, but they don't make one yet.

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2281.JPG

To my knowledge nobody makes a hi-volume water pump for F/2F etc because there is no need for one.

Gotta agree. You're looking for a solution to problem that doesn't exist. Put in a stock one and move on. The thermostat is going to regulate the temp regardless. (assuming the rest of the cooling circuit is in good order)

The case iron block and head can take heat better than aluminum without warping. The increased size of the oil pan allows for double the oil capacity of V8s from the same time period. This engine was build for hot climates. Having a HVAC background I know faster flow doesn't necessarily mean better heat transfer. Getting the heat into the coolant from cast iron isn't a problem unless debris and rust are actually acting as an insulator. When you go from a three core radiator to a four core radiator besides gaining surface area you are also slowing down the flow thru the radiator giving longer time to transfer heat in the air moving across it.

The case iron block and head can take heat better than aluminum without warping. The increased size of the oil pan allows for double the oil capacity of V8s from the same time period. This engine was build for hot climates. Having a HVAC background I know faster flow doesn't necessarily mean better heat transfer. Getting the heat into the coolant from cast iron isn't a problem unless debris and rust are actually acting as an insulator. When you go from a three core radiator to a four core radiator besides gaining surface area you are also slowing down the flow thru the radiator giving longer time to transfer heat in the air moving across it.

Good information... I think I’ll buy a stock one and call it a day.

In 25 years of driving my 1F FJ-40, it has never, ever gotten hot, in fact it runs cold most the time. My FJ60 only got hot once, and that was because the rebuilt waterpump I bought at NAPA decided to drop the impeller off in the pump case and walk the shaft forward about 1/2 inch. Luckily everything was still turning, we limped it back towards home about 50 miles till the road was all flat and I ran out of downhill grades. Then I had to get a tow. She was in the red on the gauge the whole way and had already boiled over. I poured 5 gallons of water over the head and block once. That truck is still running perfectly fine today. As I said, get a good new waterpump and the fan and put er back together.

The F1.5 and it's Factory Cast Iron OEM water pump 16100-60080 have been used around the world by the Militarys and Police of HOTTEST places on earth

the Deserts of the Saudi Spec. Region

and

the Dictators Militias all around South America in the 60's and 1970's

if the F1.5 with a OEM 16100-60080 can hang TOUGH still under these brutal conditions and NOT overheat ?

Then that's enough TECH for me on the topic , and only one top tier Replacement parts OEM option .........

1592970762832.png

Just out of curiosity, have you noticed a difference in the operation of your Vortec with the hi-flow pump?

Here are a few pictures of the Flow Kooler water pump that I recently replaced on my 5.7 vortec. Its design pumps a lot more water than the stock one and keeps the engine cooler... I'd buy one from Floow Kooler, but they don't make one yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom