1998 HDJ80 with 1HDT - Refresh (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few updates on this 80.

- I have been driving it to work out any problems. Lots of power and smiles.

- Had a slow driver side (LH) window. Took apart the window motor and cleaned it. Cleaned the track and greased. Replaced the window runner and both inside/outside weather strips. Replaced the vapor barrier. Window now rolls up as expected. Will repeat on other windows to refresh them with new rubber.

- The front windshield wipers were slow. With limited time, I decided to replace the motor and linkage with new. While at it, I replaced the wiper arms, wipers, spray nozzles and tubing.

- Started to work on adding cruise control. Since my 80 with 1HDT and LHD is one of the later build years the wiring was a little different from others who have added cruise control. With wiring figured out I need to install the cables and test it. For this upgrade I required: cruise control ECU, brake switch with 4 contacts, cruise control actuator (from 3FE), cables, different steering wheel clam shell, and steering wheel controls.

- I had a leak from the rear heater hoses underneath the body. I replaced those with new Gates hose.

- Added a Wits' End fire extinguisher to the passenger side that I had laying around. Just in case.

Driver door disassembled to fix slow window roll speed
IMG_1604.jpeg

Cruise control installed. The rusty brake pedal is from when the heater core was leaking. I need to pull it out and clean it up. Heater core has been fixed earlier in this thread.
IMG_1693.jpeg

Parts for the cruise control addition. No pictured is the actuator.
IMG_1581.jpeg

New OEM wiper motor.
IMG_1804.jpeg

Wits' End fire extinguisher mount.
IMG_1749.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom