Builds 1997 Lexus LX450 - Rexus the 500 HP LS SWAPPED LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PSC power steering components = good results for me. Good progress.

Sub'd. I try to follow every v8 conversion. I want one!

Sub'd. I try to follow every v8 conversion. I want one!

I wanted one for a long time too..... Now that im doing it I want it even more

Here's a little teaser of some of the fine details I'm paying attention to :p

IMG_20170914_162203.jpg

Hey guys, I've been coming here when I've had issues with my '97 LX450 in the past. Doesn't look like I have privileges to start a new post.

I have a question since I haven't found a thread... Has anybody here done a 5.7 Hemi swap in a 450 or 80? I know several people have done LS swaps.

I have an extra hemi from an 05 grand cherokee and if there are parts available to make a swap easy, I'd like to get it done. Seems Hemi swaps aren't as easy as LS swaps. Any info would be awesome!

Hey guys, I've been coming here when I've had issues with my '97 LX450 in the past. Doesn't look like I have privileges to start a new post.

I have a question since I haven't found a thread... Has anybody here done a 5.7 Hemi swap in a 450 or 80? I know several people have done LS swaps.

I have an extra hemi from an 05 grand cherokee and if there are parts available to make a swap easy, I'd like to get it done. Seems Hemi swaps aren't as easy as LS swaps. Any info would be awesome!
Nobody has done a hemi swap. Their are no kits for doing a hemi swap either.

Did you check Mark’s website in AU ?

If it weren’t for getting all the electrical components to talk to each other correctly an LS swap would be my first upgrade. I simply don’t have the know how or the time to sit and teach myself the ins and outs of making everything work. I know guys on this website have pretty much laid the groundwork out for the most part, but I’d like to know how to fix any errors I’d come across and not just have someone give me insurrections such as “take the green/white wire on this harness and splice into the red one on that one”.

I’d assume getting a hemi to work would be equally (if you know the electrical side) as difficult if not more difficult since no one has previously done the legwork.

A little bit of a delayed update as I had a change in my career to working near home and a relocation. I've recently restarted working on it!

I did th shifter modifications this week along with I got a rid of the factory throttle cable due to not wanting thirty extra feet of throttle cable. I used the lokar ls throttle cable kit and it worked beautifully

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG

Now for th bad news, I have a short somewhere hahaha , won't be too hard to track down found that once I removed the OBD fuse it went away however it's concerning

I didn't have brake lights and a few other small items were not working as I expected. It gives me the opportunity to clean up the wiring at the fuse panel a bit but it going to set me back a day or 2 fixing my **** up

Hemi's are a great platform, but here's what id wan to do

Hemi preferably a 6.1/6.2/6.4 mated to a th400 than I'd go into a black box from NWF which will than mate to the tease of your choic, I do like a the fj80 case

I'd run a standalone pcm from megasquirt the factory hemi PCMs are cryptic and garbage reliability wise

Last edited:
We'll after some getting mad at things and some rewiring of a park neutral switch and changing the tune up , it

RUNS after taking close to 8 months off I got it to run! Now I have some rework to do but I'm ready to finish this beast!

Did some running test today and went well minus the actual power steering lines hahahahah

Blew apart my high pressure lines low and behold the line I have is only rated for 500 Psi lol..... Oh well s*** happens

However I am happy to state I am moving on with the next steps!!!! Going to start building an exhaust system over the next month and a bit, once we get the down pipes built I'll be I'll be going to a single 3" to rear of the truck!

well ive been driving it every day to work and back for the last 4 days! Slowly fixing my trims to start adding power, exhaust is on and the vehicle gets up and goes in a hurry!

642748fcf5abcb7ba6bf1605d6516b09.jpg

05f0297991029e266283283325a75068.jpg

dfdd7931c85dbbac7aa0c377deb255ae.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom