For Sale 1997 FZJ80 Poverty Pack factory triple locked (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***Taking best full cash offer as of 5/20/16, want to sell ASAP due to relocation***

Up for sale is a 1997 factory triple locked poverty pack. The poverty pack came as a stripped down model like they shipped to South America, supposedly this is the last one to make it to the states as a June '97 build. They have no sunroof, no third row jump seats, no power seats, no leather, no fender flares, no rear side sliding glass, no tint, no roof rack, no factory running boards, basically free of all of the items that either get removed or lead to rust, failure, and other issues over the years. The previous owner purchased it from the original owners of 18 years who owned it since new. I hate to let it go but I picked this up with every intention of it becoming our weekend rig with the dogs but the misses simply prefers something different so it's gotta go.

Upgrades/improvements in the past year:

• Repaint in Toyota Grey Metallic, it's not show quality but it's nicer than anything I've seen on any other 80.
• New head gasket
• New wires and plugs
• New belts and all heater hoses
• New Interstate battery
• New water pump
• All new fluids throughout
• New windshield
• New TJM TM-17 front winch bumper
• (5) New repowdercoated 70 series steel wheels 16x7"
• OME/ARB 2.5" lift
• OME/ARB steering stabilizer
• New tie rod and tie rod ends
• Lloyd mats front, rear, and cargo

Upgrades/improvements in the past month:

• New Alpine head unit, CD/USB/Aux/BT/Hands free phone
• Rockford Fosgate Punch 5.25" speakers in the front and rear doors
• (5) New BFG AT KO2's 265/75/16
• New Warn M8000-S with synthetic winch line and a Factor 55 thimble
• New Slee Rock Slider Steps
• New rear upper lift gate handle
• New OEM in-dash cup holder
• New OEM exhaust gaskets from the manifold back to the second Cat
• New AC drier unit and system re-charge (old one was leaking)
• New Scan Guage 2 mounted on the steering column
• New center console latch
• (2) New OEM factory keys
• New Yodateq LED under hood lighting
• New Bosch blade style wipers
• New OEM Toyota air filter

This Cruiser drives amazingly well and runs cool. I haven't seen temps north of 195F on the Scan Guage and that's with AC on HI and sitting in traffic in 90 degree temps down here in south Texas. The interior is amazingly clean and short of a small tear on the back of one of the rear seats and another on an armrest on one of the rear doors it is nearly perfect. No door dings, dents, or rust on the body. The only thing on the entire vehicle that doesn't work or is missing is the antenna mast, the motor and up/down buttons still function fine. I have capped the antenna hole to keep water out. It runs up down the highway at 70mph on Cruise all day and the tranny shifts smooth.

The Cruiser is located in South Central Texas, about 2 hours from San Antonio/Austin/Houston. I may be willing to deliver to those cities for the right price. The Cruiser has 213K on the odo and it'll continue to slowly go up as I use it sparingly until it sells. PM or email me (Tex six eight w at gmail.com) for questions or other pic requests. Asking $17,500 OBO. Might entertain adventure bike, dual sport, or super motard trades.

Last edited:
The kind of thread crapping that takes place on this forum wouldn't last 3 seconds on most of the other forums I'm a member of. Pretty pathetic, really.

I don't think the OP has been off the mark at all with his ask...

The world of Delacy as he sees it.

Thank god it didn't sell for $17,500 or else we would have not seen your happy butt post in this thread in the first place.

Do I need to show the PM of the seller offering it to me for $13k?

Or is it really that your just butt hurt that all cars to all others aren't worth what you feel they are to you?

I have not once bashed the seller in this thread and you are right... It isn't your vehicle to sell yet you are here craping on posts by breaking prices into pieces of the overall car to justify a higher price?!?!

Move along there bright one!!

Last edited:
I think everyone needs to calm down. No one involved is buying so just refrain from crapping on the thread.

Moderators if you could please lock the thread I think that would be best.

Thanks!

It's Delancy. :flipoff2:

Move along there bright one!!

Do I need to show the PM of the seller offering it to me for $13k?

You didn't immediately close the deal, yet insinuate I'm dim witted?

Or is it really that your just butt hurt that all cars to all others aren't worth what you feel they are to you?

How old are you?

Do you have a firm grasp on reading comprehension?

I don't know how one would interpret my being butt hurt by a single statement made, if post pubescent with a grade school reading capability, but to clarify, I'm not, as I have nothing to be butt hurt about.

The only reason I've continued to muck up this thread is knowing there's a high probability that the deal is done, not injurious to seller, and because I appreciate, not only nice Cruisers, but conversations regarding, as well.

It's Delancy. :flipoff2:

You didn't immediately close the deal, yet insinuate I'm dim witted?

How old are you?

Do you have a firm grasp on reading comprehension?

I don't know how one would interpret my being butt hurt by a single statement made, if post pubescent with a grade school reading capability, but to clarify, I'm not, as I have nothing to be butt hurt about.

The only reason I've continued to muck up this thread is knowing there's a high probability that the deal is done, not injurious to seller, and because I appreciate, not only nice Cruisers, but conversations regarding, as well.

Older and wiser than you and I can certainly see that with your replies.

Nice name as well and you seem just bright enough to reflect on the incorrect spelling of your name?!

Butt hurt by a single statement huh? Shall we go back and look at all the happy posts you shared within the thread?

And the good ole questions to the reading comprehension?!?! That is brilant, I recall hearing it stated many years before forums were even created for clowns like you.

And the immaturity in posting an emoticon that's flipping me off... brilant just brilliant young grasshopper!!

Last edited:
It went to a great home and stayed local. Thanks again Bloomer!

Why is it still listed on CL for $15,000? Congrats if it is sold. I wasn't crapping on it, great rig but not all that in my opinion. I'll be posting a 97' soon so guess I'll be the target then Haha... but it will have a TRD Super Charger!

Why is it still listed on CL for $15,000? Congrats if it is sold. I wasn't crapping on it, great rig but not all that in my opinion. I'll be posting a 97' soon so guess I'll be the target then Haha... but it will have a TRD Super Charger!
Hopefully the potential buyer will have the common courtesy to discuss details via private conversation.

It's still listed on CL because the stupid ad won't delete. I've sent an inquiry to CL support to have it deleted. Ad management page freezes up and won't allow any editing or the ability to delete, never had this happen before.

a 16 year old is going to be driving this beauty!? oh man please don't let him crash it or wheel it this rig looks sweet! I would not let "my" kid's first car be this 80 that for sure! congrats on the buy!

Still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom