Builds 1995 full resto build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's your method for cleaning off the adhesive and fur from the old carpet?

Ole fashion elbow grease. A nice stiff wire brush and hand work. Some folks will use a wire brush on a grinder or die grinder. I don’t like it flung everywhere so we do it by hand. Wash with soapy water, let dry, wipe with a wax/grease remover to get nice and clean and start laying down the sound deadening of your choice.

Cheers

8DBDF74F-6C3E-4F77-8125-FAC9B1C27223.jpeg
E4023D2D-8EBF-4FEF-9C24-1F1F24E2BDCC.jpeg

Cheers

The owner wants the trans rebuilt as well as the tcase. One thing we don’t do in my shop is rebuild automatics. My guy here has since pretty much moved on to teaching at a local tech school. The other local shop I used left a real sour taste in my mouth. We could easily do the tcase but we are super busy with a ton on our plate, including a split case in a 77-series this month. So sending the 343 and tcase off to Georg on Monday.

B2DE7266-BAD2-47F0-B925-64E813B64141.jpeg

The right pallet is my H151 and a couple tcases.

Breaking up the sound deadening job with a complete tear down of the Cruiser. The Cruiser is going to bare frame for repaint and the body is coming off and going on the rotisserie for paint.

Cheers

The owner wants the trans rebuilt as well as the tcase. One thing we don’t do in my shop is rebuild automatics. My guy here has since pretty much moved on to teaching at a local tech school. The other local shop I used left a real sour taste in my mouth. We could easily do the tcase but we are super busy with a ton on our plate, including a split case in a 77-series this month. So sending the 343 and tcase off to Georg on Monday.

View attachment 2976128

The right pallet is my H151 and a couple tcases.

Breaking up the sound deadening job with a complete tear down of the Cruiser. The Cruiser is going to bare frame for repaint and the body is coming off and going on the rotisserie for paint.

Cheers
Was the trans slipping or something? I'm surprised he did't want the H151 to go back on

Last edited:
Was the trans slipping or something? I'm surprised he did't want the H151 to go back on

The H151 is mine for my 80 Ute.

I don’t think it was slipping. It is a full resto so he wants a new Cruiser.

On that note, my 343 has 210,000 on it and is rock solid. Both the 343 and the 442 are bomber and can out last the Cruiser.

Cheers

Obviously there's some variation depending on vehicle condition--but what's the ballpark price range for a job like this?

Obviously there's some variation depending on vehicle condition--but what's the ballpark price range for a job like this?

You are welcome to pm me (or email) about that but I don’t talk money or customers money in public or a build thread.

Cheers

Some decisions on the build made this morning.

Paint chassis vs powder coat.

Color match LineX on underside of the body.

Kings for shocks. 🥰

Cheers

IIRC, Jonathan Ward said the powder coat he uses on ICON Cruisers is 20x more resistant to scratches than paint. So there's that.

I personally don’t care for a PC chassis. Anyone who has had PC sliders knows rocks chip PC. Paint can be touched up over the years, PC nope. Also a botched PC job six months after completion is a serious no thanks. A bad job generally won’t show up for a little bit until the PC starts lifting.

Cheers

I've never done a full-body paint, so I know squat about this (except that this looks gorgeous). Question: Dynamat before paint, and body painted before the underside? I'm not understanding that sequence, unless interior and underside will not be painted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom