Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@c2dfj45 yea maybe.....I like the look. But flares lead to bigger tires...bigger tires lead to motor swap....and then whatever else that comes along with that. I’ve got 3 major cruiser projects ongoing right now (this is not major so I’m not counting it). I really don’t think I have the mental energy to deal with another.
I kind of thought the same thing with my Troopy.... that I was going to need spacers or different wheels to pop the wheels out but once I took a step back and had a good look, the truck ended up looking really cool with the wheels as they are. I don't usually run such wide tires so maybe that's why I like them with the flares. Seems like the pic of your truck without the flares at the body shop showed the wheels poking out a bit...kind of aggressive....I think the flares would look good. These flares aren't very huge on the 70 series....they're a bit more narrow in the rear so they kind of work well.

20200507_174413.jpg

20200327_182418_2.jpg

I am just going to come out and say it, I am a flare guy.

It’s a big move to go public with something like this but it feels better to get it off my chest.

😚

Cheers

For some reason, I always knew this about you Ian.

:flipoff2:

What can I say other than, I think it is sexy. 🤷🏼‍♂️

42867D97-FF92-498D-AE60-142F1880A8E8.jpeg
79C36C39-F053-4610-B5D8-1A0565C9E6E9.jpeg
B8867053-4CF6-489A-8DB5-7FA8185C1E92.jpeg
28C2F683-ADA8-4C3A-A462-ED46816DCA90.jpeg

Apologies John for spamming your thread, 😉

Cheers

Like a snowball this project just keeps expanding. I sent this truck back with @ca18sean with really one thing on the list - slap on that Kaymar bumper I bought from @joekatana last fall. Sean mentioned in passing that he had a good painter who may be able to fix a couple of issues on the truck - just a small project. From there we elected to just re-spray the truck so there were no issues with paint match. Now we are at the point of just taking all the windows out and really doing a number on the truck. That is gonna require all new weatherstrip - well maybe not “require” but you know.... - @Onur to the rescue with a nice batch of new OEM parts.

DA8949EE-D179-4AF9-8347-3F64BB78B678.jpeg

And still NO flares.

It’s funny how here in the US where every cruiser from the 80 series up came “fully loaded” everyone wants to make their cruiser look like a bare bones model , in Europe where everything came bare bones people want to have one with flares, sunroof , leather and so on ;)

Then again flares or no flares this will be another badass cruiser !

So......I really had no idea what this shop planned to do when they said “the works.” I got the final photos today before the truck hits the paint booth next week.

75FC0DF3-4916-4CAA-92EC-109CB003932B.jpeg
C3CDEEB9-0A08-4944-9B70-5559EBC41331.jpeg

They not only removed the windows but the doors as well. The final product should be wicked good. @Onur I think we might need a few new stickers too.

Did your bodyshop guy plug up the holes used to mount the plastic bumper related trim on the lower left and right rear quarter panels? It looks like it from the photos and if so, that will look clean.

Did your bodyshop guy plug up the holes used to mount the plastic bumper related trim on the lower left and right rear quarter panels? It looks like it from the photos and if so, that will look clean.
Yes. Those holes were eliminated. Same for the holes on the rear door where the spare tire was located and the holes where the JDM parking mirror was located. Looking forward to the final product. They were painting a very nice early Bronco today.

Slow and steady.

Door jams were painted. Next step is paint the door interiors and then re-hang the doors and paint the whole thing. Again, really had no plans to go to this level of detail. But it looks sweet. This 6M1 color is super deep and really pops on a freshly painted 80 series. Really looking forward to how it turns out on this one. Prior to paint, I really did not have many clean body panels to get a good idea!

1137235E-FB5A-4430-AC95-D981768C64B5.jpeg
6D03E1D0-45CE-402C-B319-114416A5E0D5.jpeg
4A0E098F-3A5C-4F98-BAAA-A6ACB7F8070D.jpeg

Yea those are some BMW 3 series seats in the back. I bought a set thinking I would put the Scheelmann seats in other Land Cruiser but I just ended up buying another set for that truck and gave those to my buddy Sean.

We have crossed the hilltop and the truck is starting to be reassembled. The door jambs have been painted. The inside of the doors have been painted. Now the doors have been reinstalled on the truck and its final prep before paint. Really had no idea they were planning to do all this when we began but I’m pretty impressed so far. I’ve been receiving photos of other projects they were painting before mine and everything looks really good.

2F7E5800-155B-44F3-A434-E186C9674F0D.jpeg

This thing is going to be epic, John.
@Onur I was just talking with Sean about getting some of that light bronze tint done - similar to what is on the 80 series. The truck already has an awful lot of dark green and black so dark tinted windows may be a bit much. But it needs some tint so we will see what we can come up with to make it pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom