For Sale 1993 HZJ75 Troop Carrier - NC Registered/CO Located (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Due to some over all lifestyle changes and the need for additional capital, I am in the process of changing up the vehicles I own. Plus I have vehicular ADD…I have also just listed my 2011 F250 for sale on the board.

I have sold a few vehicles on here and I hope that some folks on this board can speak for me and this cruiser. I'm sure I will regret this later…

The title pretty much speaks for itself and I am sure everyone is aware of what this vehicle is and the rarity. Relevant information is below, but please don’t hesitate to ask questions or contact me, however for the sake of this thread, please let's not turn this into an importation discussion. The vehicle is here and registered, please appreciate it for what it is.

Cruiser: 1993 HZJ75 Troop Carrier w/ 150k miles (actual odo is in KM ~240k)

Origin: AUS (RHD)

Price: $24,000 / Will Consider Trades

Location: Boulder, CO (NC titled and registered - I recently move back home to CO, can get it titled here if important)

Delivery: Willing to Ship at Buyers Expense or Could Help with Delivery

Contact Info: PM

Picture Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/106767...authkey=Gv1sRgCMiD5sG4vpWztgE&feat=directlink (can take more if needed)

Video Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/106767...authkey=Gv1sRgCJvP6I-1ttiDqQE&feat=directlink (can take more if needed)

Reference Thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/nc-olde-north-state-cruisers/700134-continuing-troopy-legacy.html

Here Are Some Highlights:

Stock Strong Running 1HZ Diesel (maintenance within last 3 years includes top end rebuild, new gaskets, timing belt, radiator, etc.)
H55F Five Speed
Factory A/C
Factory Dual Fuel Tanks (~40 gallon capacity, fully functioning)
Factory Snorkel with 7" Pre Cleaner
Factory (ARB) Front Bumper
Warn Zeon 10s Winch with Synthetic Line (installed 6 months ago)
OME Heavy/Heavy Suspension (installed 6 months ago)
Factory 70 Series Wheels (5) (installed 6 months ago)
255/85R16 Maxxis Big Horn (5) (installed 6 months ago)
IBS Dual Battery System
Die Hard Platinum Group 31 Battery (installed 6 months ago)
Custom Rear Tire Carrier Built by Hardline Fabrication
Hilift Jack
Mastercraft Baja RS Suspension Seats (3) (installed 6 months ago)
Interior Sound Deadened With Damplifier Pro from Second Skin Audio
Custom ABS Plastic Side and Rear Door Panels
HZJ79 Side Mirrors
New Sun Visors
New Leather Steering Wheel Cover
Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge
TruckLite LED Headlight
10" LED Light Bars (2, wired to dash)
LED Interior Lights and Dash Bulbs
LED Reverse Lights
Removed Old Headliner (currently bare metal, needs new liner or paint)
Front Axle Rebuilt
New Brake Lines
New Wiper Motor, Linkage and Arms
Solid Frame with No Rust
Rust Repair to Rain Gutters
Small Amount of Rust in Drive Floorboard (see pictures)
Fan Clutch Needs Rebuilt
1HZ FSM
Factory Owners Manual
I'm sure I am forgetting some things

Summary:

This is an awesome cruiser - everything works as it should or better, it always starts up (preheat light works), runs strong and is a blast to drive. I drove it ~1,500 miles from NC to CO and then took it to Moab for CM. As you can see there has been a lot of work done on it by reputable shops and has great aftermarket improvements. I believe that some of the guys in ONSC and others can vouch for this cruiser. I have been able to source parts with a little bit of effort and have contacts to pass along. Unfortunately, given the current situation is CO, I just wanted to say there is no flood damage.

Pictures: More in Link Above

Troopy%2520Pictures-1.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-11.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-14.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-16.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-29.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-6.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-7.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-4.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-36.jpg

Last edited:
I seem to recall this truck selling in USA for ~16K USD around 2 years ago.

Not the same truck... :rolleyes:

Look - I have a fair detailed post and willing to work with someone who is serious.

People can price chat all they want but it really isn't ever productive.

It is what it is, but lets not state things that aren't true and make it look less legitimate than it is.

Thanks.

Thanks for the input Greg.

Bugs you have some fair comparison points, which I mostly agree with, it is the intangibles that are hard to value...

My bad, it looks a lot like the others that I've seen sold in the US in the last 2 years.

Not the same truck... :rolleyes:

Look - I have a fair detailed post and willing to work with someone who is serious.

People can price chat all they want but it really isn't ever productive.

It is what it is, but lets not state things that aren't true and make it look less legitimate than it is.

Thanks.

Thanks for posting.

I assumed he was thinking of this one, which had multiple people interested $18k according to the op's last post.

Awesome that it had over 500,000 kms on it!

Hunting weekend bump! PMs replied to.

Im pretty much a lurker these days, but as i cruise the classifieds i notice a common theme of people bitchng about the price of posters rigs. To me this means they cant afford it. How many post 90 troopies are even registered in the US?? When someone has an extremely rare rig its thier perogative to ask whatever they want. If you cant afford it, dont s*** bash it.

Beautiful rig dude...the right buyer will come. Incredibly fair price for what you are getting. One mans opinion :)

Im pretty much a lurker these days, but as i cruise the classifieds i notice a common theme of people bitchng about the price of posters rigs. To me this means they cant afford it. How many post 90 troopies are even registered in the US?? When someone has an extremely rare rig its thier perogative to ask whatever they want. If you cant afford it, dont s*** bash it.

Beautiful rig dude...the right buyer will come. Incredibly fair price for what you are getting. One mans opinion :)

99% of the price bashers don't have the intentions or the funds to buy the vehicle in the first place. The desire to screw with someone's thread is just irresistible to them.

Originally Posted by bugsnbikes

Cool factor and shelling out an extra 20k over the cost of a well equipped 80 series that has advantages of:
-springs vs leafs
- parts serviceability/dealer support
- 1fz vs indirect injected diesel (probably similar mpg or within 1or 2 mpg)
- spend $7500 on spare 0mile 1fz for backup and you will have a total $15k package that will outlast any $25k-1hz troopy any day.
- similar capacity--troopy wins for expo-80 wins for more dual use wheelerabilty/expo
- a442 vs h151 ( 500k mile auto vs 2clutch jobs minimum- add$1200 )
-lockers vs no lockers (or add $3k to troopy)
-versatility of platform/80 on this continent/aftermarket support/dealer/cdan / vs australian/japan/canada
-little old lady on cell phone dings your right rear wheel/bends axle.....80 up and running 2days later.....troopy out for 2mo.+

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I certainly don't speak for all 70 Series owners, I drive them because they
ARE NOT a 80 Series. I like the uniqueness and character of the 70 Series versus any modern Cruiser. :)

And in a few years when 70series are all over the place and you are offloading your 70 series for something more "unique with character" - im guessing a 55 fire engine is in your future. ;)

If I could predict the future I would be a lot wealthier than I am but I am confident you will NEVER see 70 Series "all over the place" for a couple of simple reasons.
They are expensive to import and the supply of good 70 Series in Canada is dwindling.

as an importer i can safely state that is a fair price for the truck in question.
of course i would want to take a personal look at it before dropping the coin.
as for the comparison to an 80 series, that is like comparing a chevette with a corvette, both made by chev and both are cars but that is the end of the comparison.
i drive 7* vehicles because i want something that not everyone has.
a troopie in North America is rare.
a troopie in the US? extremely rare.

best of luck in the sale.

as an importer i can safely state that is a fair price for the truck in question.

i drive 7* vehicles because i want something that not everyone has.

.....and this whole time I thought you drove a 70 Series because I was your role model and you wanted to be more like me. I am very disappointed.
At least you didn't compare the guys 80 Series with a Chevy Vega. :D

I'm fine with you and crushers holding onto your severely depreciating assets.....I'd simply say you'd both be able to score your own 55 fire engines now- sure up your "uniqueness" factor- and walk away having fond memories of your 70's.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I officially raise the white flag before we totally screw up this gentleman's thread. You buy what you want and I'll buy what I want. :)
Now I am going to go outside and sit in the cab before the darn thing is worthless.

Last edited:
remember these comments come from someone with a generic 94 80 series and a 74 40. he is not one to judge the value of unique cruisers.
i import high end cruisers, i know the market very well, 13 years importing experience.
low end cruisers will flood the market in the US over the next few years and the prices will fall (as long as the prices are low where they are purchased from). the low km, high end condition units will continue to fetch the good dollar.
the unit being offered for sale is not perfect but it seems to be a nice clean unit so the value is there. also, being a troopie it will retain its value long after the generic BJ73/74 units depreciate.

add to this, at 25 years old, trying to find a really clean unit is not going to be easy for an importer or the average Joe.

i respect your right to an opinion but at the same time i look at where that opinion is coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom