1992 Toyota pickup 22re radiator (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I love ih8mud so I figured I’d start here

Seems like the popular replacement is the CSF 2 pass or 3 pass .. any other ideas ?

I believe the oem is discontinued

0DBDD793-5DF7-4968-A903-1D908C2E361E.jpeg

I went with the CSF 3 row on my '88. Had to make some spacers to get everything situated the way I wanted. Don't know if the 2 core would need the same. I see a lot of the plastic tanked Aluminum core rad's out there. Mine, before the CSF, surprisingly lasted 9 years till my timing cover gasket went and overheated it, splitting the top tank open. Other than that it worked fine.

I'd offer you my CSF with about 10 miles on it, but I'm hoping to find the front end parts I need so I'll have something to drop my new motor into.

I had my original radiator rebuilt and it was cheaper than any after market option there was.
I have read that people put in the V6 radiator as well.

Thanks for the responses guys... to me the 3 core should provide more cooling. Though I usually source and trust yotashop.com and they only have the 2 core csf so I’m sure it’ll be fine ..

On these solid oem rads can
You just take it to a rad shop and have them clean it and pressure test it ?

On these solid oem rads can
You just take it to a rad shop and have them clean it and pressure test it ?

Rad shops will clean and test about anything. It just becomes more of a risk you take the older they get, at least for an older original rad. You could drop a hundred bucks this week for a clean and test and in 2 weeks be needing a new one due to unseen corrosion that won't show itself during a test. Becomes a real gamble.

Great perspective!! Thank you. I’ll spend a bit more time debating between an aluminum or oem equivalent.

I tend to over analyze things lol

Thanks for the responses guys... to me the 3 core should provide more cooling. Though I usually source and trust yotashop.com and they only have the 2 core csf so I’m sure it’ll be fine ..
The only thing I'm going to add is my radiator. Historically, I've run a 3-row radiator, specifically the Modine 1R2041, or equal. When it failed I went to a local radiator shop, and they talked me out of two things. First, was running an aluminum radiator. They asked me if I off-road (duh!) and told me a brass radiator was a better choice. Then, they talked me out of a 3-row. Why? Because they and a 2-row that was just as thick as a 3-row, but because it was 2-rows in the same space it handled more volume. Sorry, I don't have a number.

Makes a lot of sense... csf makes the all brass 2 row that looks just like oem. Their 3 row is the hd version.

Correct .. i haven’t got it delivered yet, but calling various 22re specialty shops .. they all said just go through the dealer

There’s serval rads so give your vin.. parts guy said it’s either coming from Japan or USA made he’ll know once he gets it in

CF8EE98E-33CD-4F39-9875-55944B53A2DB.jpeg

There’s serval rads so give your vin.. parts guy said it’s either coming from Japan or USA made he’ll know once he gets it in
No joke. I went and looked up radiators for Gen1 4Runners and came up with 37 part numbers. Of course, only one was "officially" correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom