Builds 1992 HZJ75 Troopy build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well today I removed about 5lbs if wires from the interior walls. I removed the wires as I prefer to know what they are all for, so diagnosing any problems will be easier.

4D3036F5-D8B3-4334-B84E-12745585C91A.jpeg

A close friend imported it for me.
It’s in very good shape. The only rust I have found is surface rust I on the springs.

Let me know if your friend gets bored overseas and decides to import another of that quality...

I may be going down the import road in a couple years when it meets the 25 year requirement, is that painful?

Interested inthe radio you have as well.

@JMasi I have no idea, but it may fit. I’m going to clean it up and remove it, so it will be for sale soon.

Is the keymar rear bumper compatible with the 70 swb?
@JMasi I have no idea, but it may fit. I’m going to clean it up and remove it, so it will be for sale soon.

The easy way is to visit Kaymar's or ARB's home site and search for things that fit your vehicle. But Im pretty sure the rear end of a troopy is the the same as a SWB or MWB. The 7* sries were made that way for a reason.

Is the keymar rear bumper compatible with the 70 swb?
The easy way is to visit Kaymar's or ARB's home site and search for things that fit your vehicle. But Im pretty sure the rear end of a troopy is the the same as a SWB or MWB. The 7* sries were made that way for a reason.
Kaymar does not make a short/mid specific bar. A 75 Series Troopy bar can be modified to fit. The bottom frame brackets need to be cut off and the remaining mounting holes need to be slotted somewhat. Then you end up with this:
20190507_112920.jpg

I visited Rob at Odd Iron Offroad this past Saturday to have a few mods fitted to the new Troopy. Rob was able to get the ARB bumper and ComeUp winch installed quickly first thing and then went to work on the snorkel, which proved to be a little bit of a challenge at first, but we saw that a non factory antenna was the culprit. It was ever so slightly touching the snorkel right at the elbow, so it was removed to allow room for the snorkel.

2354C3B1-ED94-4FCA-820D-DAB5E8427C4D.jpeg

Removed the old tired mirrors and replaced with shiny new ones.

879EF4BC-DE0E-4B85-966E-571E09D25EBB.jpeg

2E0932F1-2FEB-40E8-8C77-906ED2F9437B.jpeg

The left turn indicator was broken and went ahead and replaced both of them.

The horn was just bad so it got replaced and I never knew that Toyota had a low and a high pitch horn.

Removed the right rear side windows and it’s not that hard, just go slow. Then I remembered that I have to drive this to work tomorrow, so back in it went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom