Builds 1992 HZJ75 Troopy build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

94DAD315-6810-4EC1-A07B-9B4539B7814F.jpeg

Nice rig. Just got mine and will be starting a build thread. 3/75 or HQ? I'm former 2/75.

What are the parts number for those mirrors if you don't mind me asking?

@bulletsmith +1 leaning toward Stockton as well, but for a 16x8 needs to be reverse wheel and custom barrel for the inside. Are yours 16x6 or x7? what Backspacing?
Mike spends more time on Facebook .... “70 Series Land Cruisers - North America”

@ilivertwist, I got the 16x7 and my tires are 255x85x16

So the respray took way too long as the shop had to redo twice. So in that time I was able to get the rear sliding window rubber gaskets replaced and then I placed an order for the new Drifta gullwing window. I got the left rear so I’ll have access to the snomaster fridge.

I also replaced the radiator with a HD Terrain Tamer.

8469C8EA-C5B1-46E3-AA87-5B75A0F954EA.jpeg

29007872-3157-4AE2-A082-F4FC7473A2CB.jpeg

5E25778D-133F-4477-ADF2-D7AA6398F6DE.jpeg

E2FD7D02-73D8-4B26-BB87-EC8A695C7E8E.jpeg

The Kaymar rear bumper was a little tired and needed a refresh. I removed the bumper and took it to the local powder coat shop and had them coat it in a satin black which I think matches the original color. The small bits I decided to have coated in white, in order to keep the white and black theme.
I used some rubber undercoating to protect the undersides.

DF2130C1-1D1E-44CC-8C97-B15A9D85BB65.jpeg

A friend in Australia has a shop and he told me about Stedi LED lights, so I bought a set and wow are they nice ! I installed them and of course they were checked for proper alignment as to not blind oncoming traffic. I just had to adjust them a small amount as the previous lights were so dim drivers didn’t seem to mind.

3A1B253E-4672-4394-BB26-96C33F2A7215.jpeg

@bulletsmith looking good! Those LED lights are pretty slick.

BTW did you pop the windshield for the respray?

kinda, the windscreen was cracked and when it was removed I had the shop paint it with POR15 and thena new gasket and windscreen was installed.

Nice. Definitely the way to get it done. No paint lines and potential rust area addressed. When does gull wing arrive?

@jmlockwood I received an email from Drifta about 2 weeks ago and the glass was being cut for the left rear, apparently they had just finished a batch of the fronts and were just starting on the rear. So another 2 months added to the already 3-4 month wait.

Mike, When you come back down, come on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday (the days the fish joint is open) and I will buy lunch. :)

A friend in Australia has a shop and he told me about Stedi LED lights, so I bought a set and wow are they nice ! I installed them and of course they were checked for proper alignment as to not blind oncoming traffic. I just had to adjust them a small amount as the previous lights were so dim drivers didn’t seem to mind.

View attachment 2398429
Nice looking Stedi lights--did you also have to get a canbus module for each light? Or are these plug and play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom