1990 HZJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. Recommend at least 1 flex joint section (maybe there's one there but can't tell by the photo), 1 close to the turbo before the bend. I put 2 in my 3" from the turbo, 1 small one before the bend and a larger one once the tube straightens out.

The flex joints are there but jus
Nice. Recommend at least 1 flex joint section (maybe there's one there but can't tell by the photo), 1 close to the turbo before the bend. I put 2 in my 3" from the turbo, 1 small one before the bend and a larger one once the tube straightens out.
The flex joint is there but just out of the photo.

The biggest challenge will be if we can run a 3" exhaust along the same route as the factory original or if we need to go to plan "B".

Exit just infront of right rear wheel :D
Time will tell but with all things equal I would rather have the exhaust discharge on the passenger side of the vehicle.
Rob discovered that the fuel was set to "very lean" which I'm assuming played a role in the high EGT's and pitiful performance. The injectors have been removed for rebuild and it's our plan to install larger nozzles.

Is there no room to run exhaust inside the frame? That's what I am doing on my project with the 1hd-ft. I am also using the 80series 5speed and transfercase so maybe that's why I have the room?
That nice Japanese designer that was involved in the 77 Series project never envisioned a 3" exhaust. :)

I got my 3" exhaust with V-band clamps nicely tucked up on the inside of the frame rails and exits on the passenger side. Its a work of art no question but there was minor trimming of the fender to optimize flow.

Warning .... The Following Is Not Tech.
My license plate collection took a giant leap forward this morning courtesy of @ja3aliy ATTACH=full]1311518[/ATTACH]

image.jpg

image.jpg
Word Of Caution.....

Before you hang your new license plate, take time to survey the surrounding area. This was hiding behind my Missouri tag. They were a little pissed when I started swinging the hammer right below them.
** Unless you are a wasp-ologist this is also not tech.

Last edited:
Less than a 24 hour turn around on rebuilt injectors (it's nice to know people in high places). In addition to the rebuild the overall nozzle size will be increased. :)
My goal is to be able to navigate a hill without downshifting or pissing off all of the folks behind me.

Last edited:
As it turns out, enlarged nozzles for my particular injectors are not readily available so we are going to "plan B".
The shop is sending them to a speciality shop that uses high precision drills utilizing diamond bits to enlarge my existing nozzles.

Going all-out, huh! Yeah, i'm a little green.

Going all-out, huh! Yeah, i'm a little green.
Rob only knows one way. :)
I'm more than willing to pay for perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom