1989 fj62 3f wiring diagram for instament cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I'm chasing a 1989 fj62 wiring diagram for the instrument cluster so I can wire up my oil pressure gauge and sender unit cheers

20221228_084700.jpg

20221228_084644.jpg

20221228_084638.jpg

Mine doesn't seem too have a yellow and black trace wire where it pluggs into the gauge that wire its just yellow no trace

20221228_152004.jpg

is this a usa spec truck or a non usa truck ?

you need to say this any time you ask for tech on MUD

i just noticed the PERTH

you down in OZ mate ?

1630908291613 - Copy.png

why do you need to wire it? you should just plug the gauge cluster in and attach the yellow/black wire in your engine bay to the sender. You shouldn't have to be adding any wires to your dash harness

Hey mate yeah I'm in Perth and it's a non USA truck my apologies 1989 fj62 gxl

your Solid Brother

us Yanks , need to know all the need to know so we know ,

you know ?

:cool:

Cheers for the help fellas I was trying too find the signal wire too tap into for the oil pressure gauge as I had a engine bay fire and burnt the wiring that goes too the pressure sender I must add that it's got a 350 sbc crate motor conversion I have looked on the wiring loom in the engine bay and found what seems too be the yellow/ black trace wire so ill try tap into that

20221229_071521.jpg

Any chance someone can drop a photo showing where the signal wire is located in engine bay as mine had been burnt

Any chance someone can drop a photo showing where the signal wire is located in engine bay as mine had been burnt

- what exacty is the SIGNAL wire ?

- what is used for ?

- what is it's OEM COLOR CODED tracer stripes colors ?

- SHOW us detailed UP close and personal photos of this BURNT signal wire , its end & its begining etc ,...

- post more then one photo , post 10 if u need to , don't be shy send over them tech. snap-shots now while the iron in tech here is
HOT ..

- most of all Mate , wipe off your cell phone camera lens of any finger prints and grease stains of any kind , this makes a huge huge difference as far as the overall clairity , sharpness and well ...

- i have a FJ62 AU Spec. EWD the real kind , paper print media , and the thick plastic coated covers front and back ....

- btw ?

- that V8 motor looks alot like those pesky
MFP intercepters got under them hoods and we don't want any of them sniffing around our quiet little Ih8te MUD Car Club ?

:D

This is why I love this forum! I am a total noob, just purchased my first LC, a 1988 FJ62 a couple days ago and have been trying to track down a loose wire dangling about. I know nothing about this engine…and have never worked on cars. I KNOW this pesky black and yellow wire MUST to something….but it’s disconnected and I was not sure where to start. With some searching and deduction, and this post, I discover it’s possibly the oil pressure sender gauge! After firing up the truck, the gauge on the dash is indeed at zero. Bingo!

A bit of digging and sure enough, I locating that oil pressure sender gauge and sure enough…no connection.

Here is my post trying to solve the problem of the mystery wire: Need help with a mystery wire - 1988 FJ62 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/need-help-with-a-mystery-wire-1988-fj62.1315453/

Thank you to everyone so free with their help and photos! This forum rocks!

FBFBC871-B9A0-4EB4-9993-46640125FAEB.jpeg

0C3B4C89-1484-49A9-A94C-B08BB83C69CB.jpeg

684DBAFD-4AFD-4A52-885B-E65D27892800.jpeg

EDB5E9FF-813B-44A5-B490-114B2A157676.jpeg

This is why I love this forum! I am a total noob, just purchased my first LC, a 1988 FJ62 a couple days ago and have been trying to track down a loose wire dangling about. I know nothing about this engine…and have never worked on cars. I KNOW this pesky black and yellow wire MUST to something….but it’s disconnected and I was not sure where to start. With some searching and deduction, and this post, I discover it’s possibly the oil pressure sender gauge! After firing up the truck, the gauge on the dash is indeed at zero. Bingo!

A bit of digging and sure enough, I locating that oil pressure sender gauge and sure enough…no connection.

Here is my post trying to solve the problem of the mystery wire: Need help with a mystery wire - 1988 FJ62 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/need-help-with-a-mystery-wire-1988-fj62.1315453/

Thank you to everyone so free with their help and photos! This forum rocks!

View attachment 3352211

View attachment 3352212

View attachment 3352213

View attachment 3352218
You are an absolute legend mate thankyou!! I have been trying for months for the location of that wire

How’d all this come out?
Still in process! I fried my gauge, bought a used cluster from eBay ($50) …because hey, maybe another gauge will blow in the future. I have not replaced the gauge yet…seems like a PIA to remove the dash to fix an oil pressure gauge…which is why I’m procrastinating! I’ll post pics when I get it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom