SOLD 1988 FJ62 white/grey (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser1.jpg
Hi All,

For sale is my 1988 FJ62. Quick preface, I bought this truck in November 2016, she has been my daily driver ever since, she actually ran off the 2016 4runner Trail Premium that was in the drive way [I sold it to family]. I drove this truck from Colorado to North Carolina in 28 hours, and she never overheated or struggled with the trip...'YOTA!

This week [23-27JUL] I am having a new down pipe and cat installed.

4x Brand new 31x10.50r15 BFG ATs this past week

The vehicle sports its original powertrain, no West Virginia 350SB swap here. All matching numbers. It's never been rebuilt.

3FE w/ 263k on the clock [no smoke]

note - the truck does mark its territory with about 2 drips of oil when parked. After I investigated, the rear main is weeping, which is quick work for anyone other than a Jeep guy or someone who works more than he is paid [me :doh:]

Body wise, the truck has the standard bubbling on the rear quarters on the low edges, which I was [still may if it doesn't sell] welding in the CCOT patches on both sides. The doors have some rust on them, with some small pin holes in the lower corners where rain fell through the lousy gaskets into the door bottoms.
I have replaced the passenger side rocker panel with a fresh donor, she should be complete this week or next and sealed for paint. No roof or gutter crust.
Paint, someone did a reshoot and it's showing its age too, it needs to be cleaned up.

This truck has a dealership installed moon roof, which does not leak.

Interior is all stock, she is rather pristine. All of the door cards are normal, the driver's side shows signs of driver's arm on the vinyl cap, minor cracking. The front doors have been fitted to 6.5 speakers, so not the original plastic square speaker covers anymore. The driver's seat is the only seat with tears and they're only along the door side from entering/exiting the vehicle [three tears, may two inches each]. All the foam is in great shape. No nasty stains. Carpets are in great shape too.

Upgraded items:
- REAR BUMPER: the truck has a swing away tire carrier and plate bumper [I can't say who made it, I found it at a swap meet] it's professionally made from somewhere in CO.
- ROOF RACK: it has a GAMIVITI roof rack with expo basket, pro built and powder coated [for those not in the know]
- STEREO: I upgraded the stereo with all four Focal speakers, a 5 channel Alpine amp, and a 10" JL W3 subwoofer. All professionally installed with receipts. Not a boom boom set up, but it sounds incredible for that live Allman Brothers album you have.
- SNORKEL: yes, I had a childish moment and installed a snorkel. [instant regret]
- EXPO DRAWERS: custom built expo drawers I made with a friend. They're covered in a blue/grey plaid to match the interior.

RECAP of the imperfect
- rear main
- rear quarter lower patches
- lower door corner pin holes [front DS and PS]
- PAINT [if you're a metro cruiser owner]

$14,000 OBO or I'll trade for a like value 40 series, maybe a sleek built 100 series.

cruiser8.jpg

cruiser9.jpg

cruiser11.jpg

cruiser7.jpg

Last edited:
cruiser1.jpg

I am currently working in the Richmond, VA area and I have listed the vehicle on Craigslist. I am aware that the photos are not attaching in full size, so reference the link below to the ad on C-list. Thanks!

Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 (Sale or Trade)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom