For Sale 1987 Fj70 Miami,FL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, I want to sell my project folks. It is a 1987 FJ70 totally modificated with newer front end sheet metal, swap 1FZFE engine (old one was 3F engine) as you see in vin tag the land cruiser have the old engine serial, swap front & rear 5 lugs axles (old ones was 6 lugs), added front springs suspensions, 4.10 gears, H151 manual transmission, front & rear ARB bumpers, ARB led light bar, 5 New nitto trail grapplers tires 315/75R16, I’ve photos of the front end change, FL legal title. Located in Miami. Send me a PM for more information.

796A203D-40DA-497E-9F26-B2F6BF78F85F.jpeg

7E3E8966-3DF9-4B26-8FE6-6467CF730467.jpeg

3C8CADD0-8E0A-4101-9259-C264776655E8.jpeg

3BFCD97C-E8B4-4D03-A781-F48A20B8E45F.jpeg

BB7602E1-4FE6-4EC8-86FC-51B39358AA87.jpeg

Last edited:
:popcorn: Love to see the data plate on this one.
Also, please post some photos of the front suspension swap. In particular the brackets used for the lower control arms.....

:popcorn: Love to see the data plate on this one.
Also, please post some photos of the front suspension swap. In particular the brackets used for the lower control arms.....

If you zoom in it’s a CKD data plate. So, imported into VZA in crates and assembled in VZA.

OK, this is a sale thread, not a chat thread....so having said that and with apologies to the OP, this truck is starting to make me itch and I am not good at saying not to scratching.

As mentioned earlier, if the work done on this truck is as good as the photos, I believe this is a screaming good value.

Good thing I am broke, but would appreciate it if someone would PLEASE BUY THIS TRUCK so I can move on.

Thank you.

OK, this is a sale thread, not a chat thread....so having said that and with apologies to the OP, this truck is starting to make me itch and I am not good at saying not to scratching.

As mentioned earlier, if the work done on this truck is as good as the photos, I believe this is a screaming good value.

Good thing I am broke, but would appreciate it if someone would PLEASE BUY THIS TRUCK so I can move on.

Thank you.
Buy it Ward.

Fly to Miami.

Drive to the 70 series event in TN.

Drive or ship it home ....

Done

No, frame is from the car 1987, I swaped everything and can be see it if you see the car in person. Have a lot of work on it

The newer ARB bumper is made for the later trucks with the wider frame rails. Modified to fit?

The newer ARB bumper is made for the later trucks with the wider frame rails. Modified to fit?
It is a beautiful truck, but I'd need to see more proof that the curtains matched the drapes. Not saying at all that it isn't what it is claimed to be, but is painfully easy to import a car into Florida and fudge things. I live in Florida and see a lot of trucks like this come up through Miami. The change gets done in South or Central America, and once it gets a Florida title, it is suddenly legal... "I swapped in everything from a later truck - front end, interior, axles, motor, etc.. BUT ... it is an XXXX model year" is much easier to verify with build photos showing before/after, and progress while it is being done. Probably would help the sale a lot... Would love to see that build thread, I love these trucks.

It is a beautiful truck, but I'd need to see more proof that the curtains matched the drapes. Not saying at all that it isn't what it is claimed to be, but is painfully easy to import a car into Florida and fudge things. I live in Florida and see a lot of trucks like this come up through Miami. The change gets done in South or Central America, and once it gets a Florida title, it is suddenly legal... "I swapped in everything from a later truck - front end, interior, axles, motor, etc.. BUT ... it is an XXXX model year" is much easier to verify with build photos showing before/after, and progress while it is being done. Probably would help the sale a lot... Would love to see that build thread, I love these trucks.

I think a truck like this with a professional build tread would also justify twice the price tag, considering the value of the parts 27k seems pretty low to me. Ain't nobody in this world giving away free cruiser parts from any model anywhere , labor is cheap South of the border and the quality is different sometimes also but if I was interested in this cruiser then the first thing I would do is contact the seller and make an appointment to check it out in person.

I think a truck like this with a professional build tread would also justify twice the price tag, considering the value of the parts 27k seems pretty low to me. Ain't nobody in this world giving away free cruiser parts from any model anywhere , labor is cheap South of the border and the quality is different sometimes also but if I was interested in this cruiser then the first thing I would do is contact the seller and make an appointment to check it out in person.
Wise words from a trusted vendor...

As a lifelong Floridian, I've been on the receiving end of many attempted vehicular scams (and one successful one - a mileage rollback that got me wise). Anything that comes out of Miami, or any call from area code 305 about a vehicle or item I am selling, definitely gets a once, twice, and third look over. And never buy without a personal viewing and check of frame/body VINs and mechanicals. :)

Everyone who really wants the car just come to Miami and look it for itself. Come with your mechanic I don’t have any problem. The car is legal and it is a beast. I am selling because I have another projects like this to start selling here in the U.S market. Check vin tag and frame modifications to make the newer bumper fit and the front spring suspension.

Love the car and craftmanship regarding your mods.
Ih8mud is not a used car sales website, but rather a small community of land cruiser aficionados looking at ways to help and support each other during ownership.
The request for build pictures comes with the spirit to assess the quality of the build and fitment of panels. I take your word regarding legality, until my time to buy, then i'll check everything and go to dmv, etc.

GLWS

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom